UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Graham's Customs.

Graham

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, this is the first time i've checked yer thread out, but dude, some of these mates are seriously excellent! Love the powerhouse batman, Martian Manhunter and Ult. Iron Man.....Awesome!!

Nice work on Iron man!

More new stuff, this Robin uses the Wave 2 Robin's torso, as well as the C3 Robin legs (repainted a different green). The belt is from some Cyclops I think, the gloves are from a C3 Batman and the hair is Iron Man's, with a re-sculpted front. The cape is from LOTR Frodo, with the leaf cut off the front.

BatmanRobin.jpg

Next up my Supermen. The Clark Kent has appeared in this thread before. I customised my Justice Lords Superman, bringing him up to date with muscle detailing and the head and hair from Battle-damaged Superman. Battle-damaged Superman himself was given more damage and the head from Justice Lords Superman, although I'll probably change that when I find a better one. I also painted the yellow on the \S/ instead of black.

Supermen.jpg

Superman in a fight with his alternate dimension self.

SupermanvsJusticeLordsSuperman.jpg

All those Batmen look awesome, and the Punisher face screams grizzled Frank Miller Bats to me.

That detailing on Daredevil makes me want to throw up it looks so effing professional!!! :lol: ...pardon my French...

Everyone else looks amazing, as well.

The one complaint I have, isn't even towards you. It's towards Playalong. I've never liked that JL Supes. One of the reasons I loved the costume in the one ep of JLU I saw, was because it had that Gambit-like headpiece. Then we get the 'Mate, and his head is completely uncovered. :( Way to go, Playalong...

The one complaint I have, isn't even towards you. It's towards Playalong. I've never liked that JL Supes. One of the reasons I loved the costume in the one ep of JLU I saw, was because it had that Gambit-like headpiece. Then we get the 'Mate, and his head is completely uncovered. :( Way to go, Playalong...

Umm..are you sure? :unsure: :tongue:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jl/ep...es/betterworld/

Maybe you were thinking of those goofy red/blue supermen.

Nope. I hated those stupid things with a passion...

I coulda sworn he had something like that on his costume. My friend thinks so, too, and we sure as heck didn't watch the eipsode together. So, for two people to think that something's there, who didn't watch the episode together, let alone the same airing...how does that happen? Was there more than one JL ep?

I'm mad now. I know I didn't imagine it... :glare:

Justice Lords Batman, made from a Justice Lords Superman with C3 Batman cowl. The whole thing, face included, is repainted.

S1030054.jpg

Next up is Hush. I used the coat from New X-men Phoenix and guns from Cable & Bishop. I can't remember which X-man the belt is off, but it's one of them. The face is painted over Bullseye's (you can still see the mouth and eyes).

S1030055.jpg

I decided to battle-damage my Superman even more, poor guy. The damage was loosely based off what happens to him in the Death of Superman comic, I think losing the cape is quite effective.

BDSuperman.jpg

That cheeky Luthor up to his nasty tricks again.

Great job all around. My only reservation is that your latest BD Superman just looks to have a super sized head for some reason. It's probably just camera angle or my own eyes.

Of course, I've never understood the concept of a BD Supes in the first place. I mean, bullets bounce right off of him, so how does he get messed up so much. The costume getting tattered is one thing, but to see him beaten and bleeding makes no sense to me. Maybe one of you DC readers can explain it to me.

He's not bulletproof. Our yellow Sun forms a forcefield aura of sorts around his immediate body. That's why sometimes, his cape will get shredded, but everything else will be fine. He's not invincible (which is what everyone who hates him complains about), and if something is powerful enough (Darkseid or Doomsday, for example), they can pummel the crap outta the forecfield, weakening it, and causing Kal-El some serious damage. What Kryptonite does, is its radiation cancels out his entire aura, then hits him with some serious power plant type radiation, which is why he always falls down when exposed to it. So, essentially, he's never human. He's either Super, or super-vulnerable. This lesson has been brought to you by LexCorp.

Graham, as usual, I love them!! :D

More new stuff, this time a bit of Marvel, with Doctor Octopus. I used the tentacles off the Lego Doc Ock and green-stuffed the extra bit round the waist. The face is from a Mr. Fantastic Minimate, and the hair and glasses are pretty much entirely sculpted over a Nick Fury hairpiece. The boots and gloves remain unchanged from the Bishop Minimate I painted it over.

DoctorOctopus.jpg

More Fantastic 4 Stuff. On the left is my not-on-fire Johnny Storm, based on convention exclusive Mr. Fantastic. The face is totally hand-painted and the hair is fromthe convention exclusive Johnny Storm. In the middle is a better picture of the flaming on Human Torch from the boxed set, which I yellow-inked. A slight change is the hair, which is Cable's painted a slightly more orange shade of yellow. Finally on the right is fully on-fire Human Torch. I didn't quite like how the existing one didn't have the 4 logo or any of the uniform still visible, so made my own.

JohnnyStorms.jpg

Finally is Jade. I'm not exactly sure who she is, but I think she was in a relationship with Kyle Rayner at some point, and she was involved with Infinite Crisis. Kyle himself has had a change of facial expression to stop him looking too much like Hal Jordan.

GreenLanternKyleRaynerJade.jpg