luke314pi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am almost finished with the demo, which I will be releasing next week. It will include the first two levels of the game, which take place in a retail warehouse where alien weapons are secretly being shipped.

Here are three screenshots from the demo:

Loading screen:

loading.jpg

Entering the warhouse (dead guy in the doorway is the most recent victim of the Punisher):

screenshot10.jpg

Fighting by the conveyor belts:

screenshot11.jpg

Man that game looks good. What format are you making it. I assume PC. Looks great Luke.

Man that game looks good. What format are you making it. I assume PC. Looks great Luke.

Yes, it will be a PC game. I will probably make two different versions, one for older PCs and one for newer PCs.

Thanks for the comments!

Overall this is shaping up to look great.

At first I did have some questions about the size of the arms and legs, but that was when I had never seen this thread, so now I understand about that whole skeleton thing.

Now get started on a DC one ;)

I finished the demo of Punisher: Minimate Justice! This demo includes the first level of the game. It has a few minor bugs (press 'F' to open doors, not Enter), but overall I think it will be a good indication of the final game.

Before downloading the game, you will need the latest DirectX drivers from Microsoft, which are available here:

DirectX Drivers

The game download is 61 MB. There is blood in the demo, but no profanity. The final game which will be released next month will have three versions: a normal version, a version for low-end computers, and an edited version with no blood or profanity. Here is the link to the demo:

Punisher: Minimate Justice Demo

The minimum system requirements for this demo are a 1.4 ghz processor with 512 MB RAM and a video card with 128 MB of video RAM. It will run better on higher specs of course.

Let me know what you think! :)

I had it running fine here... Make sure you download then install the DirectX stuff properly as I guess that'll be the problem a lot of you are having.

BTW Luke love the movie that opens the first level... :D

T.

I imagine its awesome, but sadly I have to confirm the Vista issues. That DX version won't install on Vista as Vista uses DX10, and even with all the compatibility settings possible I cant get the thing to work in Vista at all :( It crashes out straight away.

Time to upgrade to XP :P

• 2 weeks later...

I just gave it a run and for a completely free fan made game, it seems great.

Just a couple of questions....

Where does the demo end? After turning a corner, I found myself seemingly surrounded by invisible walls, unable to go any further.

Are there different weapons for the punisher to use in the demo?

And a suggestion, the pickups like keys and ammo that I found seem a little small, so a person could go right past them without noticing them. Is there any way that these could be made larger, without looking too oversized?

Overall, it's great fun controlling and shooting Minimates :D

I'm glad you liked it. :)

I'm not sure where you were getting stuck at, but the demo has a definite ending with a video cutscene. I think it is a good idea to make the keys and ammo larger, I will definitely look into that.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

As some of you might remember, the release date for this game was supposed to be today. However, the game has been put on hold temporarily while Marvel Entertainment decides whether they are ok with me creating this game or not. I have pushed the release date back a month, and hopefully this will be straightened out soon. Sorry for the delay!

-Luke

• 3 months later...