UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Punisher: Minimate Justice Video Game

luke314pi

title.jpg

I am working on a fan-made Minimate PC game called Punisher: Minimate Justice. This game will be completely free once it is finished, which I expect to be in about 3-4 months. Why a Punisher game? Because shooting is fun :D. Also, the programming software I am using is called FPS Creator, which limits weapon and attack capabilities to basically guns and more guns, which limits my choices of Marvel heroes. But there will be appearances made in the game by at least two other heroes, and several villians.

The story is that Punisher has been tracking some weapons being smuggled into New York harbor from Russia. But he soon discovers that these weapons are extremely powerful, and clearly not from this world. You will control him through several levels to find the source of these destructive weapons. I expect the game to be around 2 hours long.

So far, I had my friend make an animated 3D minimate model, which I have imported into the FPSC engine. It will not match a real minimate exactly, because the model has to fit a certain base skeleton. However, it is very close. I have textured a few minimates, and placed them in some environments I created. Here are my test screen shots:

Some random thugs:

snapshot1.jpg

Bullseye:

snapshot3.jpg

Ultron:

snapshot2.jpg

I am happy to announce that Fujis has landed the part of the Punisher! You wouldn't know it by looking at him, but he can belt out one heck of a mean, gravelly voice!

DEMO

This demo includes the first level of the game. It has a few minor bugs (press 'F' to open doors, not Enter), but overall I think it will be a good indication of the final game. This demo will not work in Windows Vista.

Before downloading the game, you will need the latest DirectX drivers from Microsoft, which are available here:

DirectX Drivers

OR

Alternate Site (works better for some people)

The game download is 61 MB. There is blood in the demo, but no profanity. The final game which will be released next month will have three versions: a normal version, a version for low-end computers, and an edited version with no blood or profanity. Here is the link to the demo:

Punisher: Minimate Justice Demo

The minimum system requirements for this demo are a 1.4 ghz processor with 512 MB RAM and a video card with 128 MB of video RAM. It will run better on higher specs of course.

If there is enough interest in this game, I have a few ideas for other minimate FPS games as well. Let me know what you think! :)

-Luke

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ultron vs the Punisher? Hehe. I wish I could do the voice, but I can't record. The game looks cool though. I'll try it. Speaking of, I still need to try your other game. Forgot about it, sorry.

Oh thank God! I thought someone had jumped on a project I was working on in secret, but this is another genre all together. Excellent idea though, and you've done a great job working the minimate look into the limitations of the game engine. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

I'm in (for playing)! So, does this technology mean you could make a Spider-Man that could only shoot web blasts?

!!!!FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!! :woot:

Glomit

Thanks for the support guys!

I'm in (for playing)! So, does this technology mean you could make a Spider-Man that could only shoot web blasts?

The game engine can't do particle effects, so I can't make any weapon where you can see something physically flying through the air like a web blast or Cap's shield.

I have had a few offers for Punisher's voice acting. I will be responding shortly with a section of the script for you to read. But keep the offers coming, I am sure somewhere out there is a perfect Punisher!

Yeah, same here - though I'm not sure what the Punisher would sound like as a Yorkshireman.

Nevertheless, I'd look forward to playing it.

Your other game, as mentioned earlier - is it available and where from?

Thanks,

Jo

Awesome Dude, you know I'll play it. As for the Voice, I would give it a go but we all know how the Punisher talks and there's no way I can complete the task. Sorry.

On the subject of Video games though, I'm really pulling for an actual Minimate game. LEGO has been doing it for a while, but with the Star Wars Licence they finally made something to be proud of. In the same vein, I could easily see a Marvel or DC Minimate videogame. Heck, through them both in together and make it a Marvel vs DC Minimate fighting game......I would never leave my TV, lol.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm all for playing a Minimate-esque game. Keep us posted. neo