UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spider-Man 3 & Classic Spider-Man Minimates Solicited!

AdyCarter

MARVEL MINIMATES SERIES 17: SPIDER-MAN 3

A Diamond Select Release! DST and the inmates at the Art Asylum introduce the newest

series in the Marvel Minimates collection. Series 17 contains Minimates from this

summer’s blockbuster Spider-Man 3! This assortment consists of: Red Spider-Man/New

Goblin, Black-Suited Spider-Man/Sandman, Peter Parker/Eddie Brock and a limited

Venom!

Minimates 2-Pack SRP: $6.99

MARVEL MINIMATES SERIES 18: SPIDER-MAN 3

A Diamond Select Release! DST and the inmates at the Art Asylum introduce the newest

series in the Marvel Minimates collection. Series 18 contains Minimates from this

summer’s blockbuster Spider-Man 3! This assortment consists of: Transformation

Spider-Man/Venom, Battle Damage Spider-Man/Sandman, Unmasked Black-Suited

Spider-Man/Gwen Stacy and the limited Mary Jane!

Minimates 2-Pack SRP: $6.99

MINIMATES: CLASSIC SPIDER-MAN BOX SET

A Diamond Select Release! A Diamond Previews Exclusive! Featuring a terrifying trio of

Spider-Man villains, this Previews Exclusive box set contains the exclusive Minimate

version of Hydro-Man, never to appear outside this set, along with Powerhouse Venom,

Melee Symbiote Spider-Man, Powerhouse Sandman and the classic “Torment” Spider-

Man! Get the jump on Spider-Man 3 with this set before anyone else!

Box Set SRP: $19.99

Woo, and Im guessing "New Goblin" is the Spdiey3 Goblin and the Unmasked Green Goblin is Target only.

B)-->

QUOTE(O.B @ Feb 19 2007, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does Sandman feature in both series 17 and 18?

According to the silouetted pic from DST, he's in his human form in wave 17 and in wave 18 he's sportin' a giant sand hand, sand hammer and sandpile lower torso. He'll probably have different facial expressions as well (my guess).

I told you guys they would make them! It just seemed more possible since they had Ghost Rider and X-Men 3 minimates why wouldn't there be Spider-Man 3 minimates? Any way like storm said "Hurry and release some pics DST!".

Can't wait to get my hands on these, ...:::Halo11701:::...

Although I'd like to see them before I make any final opinions on wave 17 and 18, truth be told I'd rather see them release a comic based Spider-Man minimate wave which has characters and costumes we've not seen yet then two waves where they're basically re-releasing old minimates. Still, like I said, I'll wait until I see pictures before I make a final judgement as there may be a few I wish to get.

Hopefully this Mary Jane actually looks like a girl...please AA!

I actually hope that Series 19 is a second wave of Ghost Rider mates, because there is so much territory there yet to be done. Maybe Series 20 can be more X-Movie mates? Like Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Magneto, Jean Gray, Toad and Magneto?

AWESOME, I'm completely stoked for new Spider-Man Minis. I love Spider-Man and, for a change, most of these new figures seem worth the time and investment. Allow me to intrupt myself for a second and say we STILL don't have a Scarlet Spider.....but I digress.

I think it's awesome we are getting a new boxed set, Target exclusives, and 2 waves of Spider-Man 3. From the picture (Thanks Fujis) I am even more excited about the Movie Mates. Transformation Spider-Man looks cool. It looks like that scene in the Bell Tower from the Trailer where he is trying to get the suit off. Very cool. The New Goblin looks sweet too. They don't show any accessories (other than Sandman's hands) so I'm still hoping we get a New Goblin Glider. Peter, Eddie, Gwen, and MJ are all going to be great because I love civilian mates. Also, I hope that wave 18 Sandman will be completely sand and not come with legs. They could do it with a print like The Thing and then have his attachments, I just think that would be cool. Plus we are getting Iron Spidey and Silver Armor Spider-Man. Even without Scarlet Spider, this is a huge time for Spider-Man fans, I love it. neo

Oh man! I have not been this excited for movie minimates since batman begins! these guys are going to be sweet i can't wait until they come out! do we know when these are coming out? June, but doesn't the moive come out in May? and the box set comes out in july, but the add sounds like it would come out first.

I just wish there were more new villains.

Instead of, y'know, just Hydro Man.

I'm glad for all the rest of you. I hope one day you all can be happy for me when we get people I want. :)

my biggest complaint is the lack core spidey villians. After wave 3 all the rest of the waves had gone down in depth or core villians. Give me a break, Silver Sable? Spider-Carnage? where the hell is Scarlet Spider? Kraven? Hobgoblin? Vulture? Heck I'll even take a Morlin. I'm glad we finally get Avengers. Like I said before, I consider Marvel Movie Mates separate from the regular line. I throw them in with the rest of the Movie Mates. In saying that, I'm still craving more comic based minimates. Hopefullly we get some better villians after wave 18.

my biggest complaint is the lack core spidey villians. After wave 3 all the rest of the waves had gone down in depth or core villians. Give me a break, Silver Sable? Spider-Carnage? where the hell is Scarlet Spider? Kraven? Hobgoblin? Vulture? Heck I'll even take a Morlin. I'm glad we finally get Avengers. Like I said before, I consider Marvel Movie Mates separate from the regular line. I throw them in with the rest of the Movie Mates. In saying that, I'm still craving more comic based minimates. Hopefullly we get some better villians after wave 18.

Man, you're tellin' me. I'm sick of the same old stuff. I was hoping that after Series 16 was shown that they'd be moving onwards and upwards and quit phoning this stuff in, but it looks like more of the same "geared toward no diversity" stuff.

There's two kinds of this "non diversity" disappointment, to me.

There's the 1st kind that's general. It's the one where you say "Aw man, why can't we get some more new characters that we've never seen before?!" For me, that's more Avengers, people like Kang and Ultron and so forth. Dr. Strange and Namor don't get minimates but we get TWO Sandman's? C'mon, what the heck!? At this point I'd even take some X-Men if they were folks like Angel and Marvel Girl and other characters helpful to building teams and such.

Then there's the 2nd kind which is series specific. So for example, that's when I say "Man, how come we get all these updated versions of Spider-Man and the movie characters and still nobody really and truly new?!" We've gotten a Hydro Man which DOES count as really-and-truly new. But then... Iron Spider-Man? It's new, yes, but... it's still "A" Spider-Man.

Where's Vulture? Mysterio? Lizard? Electro? Hobgoblin? The Prowler? Freakin' ROCKET RACER, even! The fact that we still don't have a neat little original Sinister Six is the biggest bummer to me of all. I could swallow all these Spider-Man variations if we had some good villains. But "Spider-Man and Maybe Sometimes His Amazing Minimate Friends" doesn't do it for me at all.

I'm all in for the DC series. I've pre-ordered a case of all the sets currently available which is something I've never done. I'll preorder a case of Marvel series 16 when I can at my LCS.

But this other junk? Bah. Just junk that takes away from a great concept and a great line with piss poor delivery.

-Matt

This is one pic that I wish I had found Donny but The Vox posted it here first.

I'm loving both waves but is the Sandman figure the same in wave 17 and 18?

I'm confused about that too. Could it be that one is sandman regular and one is sandman shapeshifting? I also might add that there is one figure missing from that pic. There should be 14 not 13.

==========================================

Mystery Man, I totally agree with you and cannot blame anyone for being more than a little dissappointed. It really sucks when you like a product so much and there isn't diversity to ones liking. I actually have been afraid that they'll run out of spider-man variations before they get other key villians made....lol While Marvel is my line, I'm still being provided diversity through others licenses and that's keeping my interest up. Sadly it doesn't work for everybody.

I find myself having mixed feelings on the latest news about these figures. On the one hand, its something new in the sense of not rereleases of older figures and it seems to feature new sculpts and presumably the much better paint apps of late. But on the other hand, its a hero heavy wave.

I agree that the movie mates should be a separate entity. I called for this back when X-3 was revealed as wave 14. (and got a rather smartass comment from Chuck as a result) They just feature a different style to the regular waves and really stand out too much as a different entity. But, as Chuck so elloquently put it, we can always pretend they are a different line. Whether they are called Movie Mates Wave 3 or Marvel Mates Wave 17, they'll still be released and classic Marvel will not in that time period.

I also agree that we have seen a serious lack of attention on villains in the past few years. Things started slow with Kingpin and Elektra acting as the sole villains, but then we got spoiled with Carnage, Green Goblin, and Venom. Following that, things have gotten rather stale. At best, we'd get, what, one villain per wave? Ultimate Sabretooth, Doc Ock, Bullseye, Rhino, Leader, Doom, Sandman, Spider-Carnage. Toss in the exclusive Thanos, Super-Skrull, and Ultimate Green Goblin. That's everything thus far. Now, we can expect Loki and Hydroman. That's it as far as classic Marvel goes. We need more villains to go with these heroes. Hopefully, the inevitable success of the DC line will serve as a wake-up call for the Marvel powers-that-be.

All that said, I am excited about two waves of Spider-Man 3. For one, I want to see what they look like. For another, it's about time they did a movie line justice, as a character heavy movie like X-3 needs more than six unique figures and a repaint variant, and Ghost Rider was lacking in appealing villains. With Spidey 3, you get civilian heroes and villains in Peter and Eddie, costumed heroes and villains in Spidey, Sandman, Goblin, and Venom, plus significant civilians in Gwen and MJ.

The worst part about movie mates is what I stated above: too many characters, not enough room in the license. With franchise movies like Spidey and X-Men, you're going to miss a character and essentially ruin the movieverse. Then, there are other movies that just don't get a license, like Fantastic Four, Blade, Punisher, and others. So, as big as the holes in the classic Marvel minimates universe are, at least they are more likely to be filled than the holes in the movieverse.

Fully agree DR316. This is how I look at it as well. With no Marvel Movies for 2008, except perhaps Ironman is it gets made, I'm optimistic enough to believe we'll see more from the comic line and I can live with that.

Funny, a friend and me were discussing that with all the goodness this year, we'll have a drought next year. :o Just Kidding!