Honestly there are so many Minimates I prefer the updated versions

Daredevil

Kingpin

Apocalypse

Civil War Cap is my favorite Cap

Venom

Vision

it keeps going but I won’t  

and then there’s Symbiote Spider-Man. Who I’m convinced cannot be improved. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wave 2. Never looked better. Sometimes comic accurate shading really makes a Minimate stand out as particularly beautiful. But the wave 2 Symbiote… mm… something about pure white on pure black is how I always wanted that suit to be. 

Wow, nice to see old discussion threads like this being revived.  My favourite minimate, not for the character but for the design, is (to my surprise) probably the first taskmaster release. I just think it nailed the look of his first appearance perfectly and has a lot of cool accessories.  Honourable mentions to valkyrie and strange tales morbius too though.

I think I've had the same top 5 Marvel mates forever, and some are probably headscratchers for some folks. But, these are my personal favorites...

My #1 Marvel mate is:

-Nick Fury Jr./Commander Rogers

The rest of my top five in no particular order:

-Wave 31 Angel (blue costume)

-The Sentry (Dark Avengers boxset)

-Mr. Fantastic (wave 2 best of)

- Iron Man (best of/greatest hits)

... and a new contender is Gladiator, which might move into my top 5 soon...

These are my favorites, not claiming they are the best made. just my favorites... Also, two of my top 5 favorite characters didn't even make it. I love Thor and Colossus. I don't think good enough versions of either have been made. I can get an almost perfect Thor by mixing and matching, but i'd love an official one that i didn't feel the need to mess with. Colossus has other issues, he's a super tough one to get right. The official ones either look too puny, or too clunky (with tiny arms and legs) He's one of a few that i feel should be at 2.5" scale (but would probably look out of place) I've liked the thinner torso jackets/shirts/etc.. and if he ever was redone might need some updated boots and torso cover and boots similar to version 1. I just think he's hard to get perfect...

• 2 weeks later...