UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghost Rider the movie

MINI_MYTE

Saw the GR movie last night and must say it wasn't bad. Some of the acting at the beginning seemed a little over the top, but then, it is a comic book movie after all. Love 'em or hate 'em Nic Cage did ok as Johnny Blaze (still think he's a little to old for the role). But that aside, you'll want to go see this movie for his alter ego, THE GHOST RIDER! Visually it was done very nice. Love the flaming skull effect. Loved the way his hell cycle just destroys everything around it when he rode it. His voice was exactly the way I would have envisioned it to sound. Now as far as the minimate GR wave is concerned, DST could have made better choices for characters to do. There were these 3 elemental demons (water, wind and earth) that hook up with Blackheart that would have made better MMs than say stunt rider JB, Roxanne, the Caretaker. Hell, we even get to meet the cowboy GR in this movie! He would of made a better choice of minimate. All in all, I'd say go check out GR the movie if for nothing more than a fun time.

P.S: Here's how DST should of made the GR wave in my mind. Go see the movie and tell me if you agree.

Ghost Rider / cowboy Ghost Rider

Blackheart / Wallow (water elemental demon)

Abigor (wind elemental demon) / Gressil (earth elemental demon)

Chase: Johnny Blaze transforming into Ghost Rider (along the lines of the ML GR variant)

That one would have looked cool.

Ghost Rider

Overall it was a pretty good movie. Eva Mendes was hotter that GR!!!! It could of had more action. It was cleverly written and there were many funny puns. Its a fun movie but i wouldn't take the kids, it's a little scary and some weird deaths. Mephisto and Blackheart weren't portraited as well as you Ghost Rider fans would of liked. Its worth the $10 to see it in theaters. I rate it an -A to +B. It's a good movie, and u no how Stan Lee shows up in every one of his comic movies. Well I couldn't find him, please post and tell me were!

I ended up at the late show of Ghost Rider tonight (earlier showings sold out!) and I enjoyed it. Granted, I'm not real familiar with the Ghost Rider mythos, so any mistakes they may have made with the character would have been lost to me. Still, it was pretty good, with some pretty awesome visual effects. You'll probably be able to predict most of the plot as its happening, but you won't be disappointed by any means.

Wife and I liked it. Cheesy, predictable, but fun. It's like Daredevil not Spider-man, good but not earthshaking.

But just like the Matrix films also painfully so blatantly filmed in Australia, from Australian actors 2 seconds from being unable to maintain their accents through to roads and bush so clearly not texas but Victorian countryside...

I will have to agree that is was very chessy, but very entertaining. I used to read the comic book, Ghost Rider, back in the early 80's and it portrayed the comic book of that particulare genre. I wished we could see the realy image of Blackheart at the end of the movie. Over the weekend, the movie made over $44 million and its budgeted for $120 million. This movie is looking very sucessful than a disaster.

Saw it over the weekend as well. It was an okay movie. GR's voice I expected maybe to be a little different, but it was alright. It's got Eva Mendes, how can it be terrible. :P I like that they didn't try too much. Yeah I there could have been a few things changed, but it wasn't the end of the world. An overall entertaining movie, I agree. A little better than DD imo.

Yeah, it woulda been nice if the demons he fought were actually demons instead of people with a little bit of CGI for flavor, but overall it was better than Daredevil. I wasn't really familiar with the Ghost Rider story beforehand, so after the movie I had to ask my cousin if it was a fairly accurate representation of Ghost Rider and his powers, and he seemed to think so.

As far as GR's voice, it woulda been cooler if they made it a truly demonic voice, but it coulda been worse. They coulda left Nic Cage's voice unaltered.

Sorry, but besides Cage's performance (surprisingly good) and some incredible visuals, it was pretty weak. The storyline and pacing were a train-wreck. It felt like two separate (three, if you include Carter Slade) movies with potential spliced-together into one disorganized-mess of a film. I may be more forgiving when this is released on DVD, but I left the theater disappointed and unsatisfied. I found Cage's portrayal of J. Blaze interesting, but the villans were so two-dimensional and boring. The visuals were stunning, but not enough to sustain it. I do agree that the MM box-set would have been better if it included the "henchmen" despite how unimpressive they were in the actual film though!

I agree that the villains were a little on the weak side. The movie felt much like a game, with each GR encounter forcing him to face off against a sub-boss before he finally worked his way up to the final boss. He didn't really spend a whole lot of time fighting each of them either. As I said before, if you go into this movie looking for a compelling story with a lot of deep characters, you'll be disappointed. If you go in expecting to see a burning skeleton ride a motorcycle, you'll enjoy it.

I really liked Ghost Rider. I think it's a step in the right direction for Marvel after the last few subpar movies...X-3... <_<

I also really like the merch coming out for it. I mean, they made a Vengence figure from the game, which makes me happy. :tongue:

I went and saw it tonite. Meh.....thats pretty much what I thought of it. I am a fan of the Dan Ketch Ghost Rider and have some of the old Johnny Blaze era comics too. I was a bit upset with the look of the villans. They could have had Blackheart look like he does in the comics in the final battle, but they didn't do it. Also the battles with the elementals was pathetic. They would each get in the first shot and then GR would dispatch of them a minute later (maybe even in less time). I was really hoping to see some good battles at least, but that didn't happen.

Seen the film last night - pleasantly surprised! Didn't know the story all too well before, but enjoyed the film. With regards to the limited action scenes, lets not forget that this is a film showing the birth of Ghost Rider and him getting use to his powers. The sequel (like Spiderman 2 and the soon to be released Fantastic Four 2) would likely have more action.

I saw it on Sunday. It was ok, better then Hulk & Daredevil, not as good as Spidey 2 (btw- thats the top and bottom of Marvel movies IMO)

A little scarier for the younger viewers then I thought it would be though (its rated PG-13). All and all a average Marvel movie!

Well it's the highest grossing movie at the US box office for the second weekend running. Not sure if that's just because of weak opposition though? What else is screening right now? I'm probably going to wait for the DVD release of this, much like I did X3 (which I thought was the best of the lot by the way) babysitters are like gold dust round my way. :(

RAD, I would rent it then :rolleyes: I drug my wife to see this today, plent of better movies to see, but she knew I wanted to see it :) Worse comic movie ever and it's unfortunate :confused: For those who hate DD or think that sucks, try and find the directors cut of it. It definately explains alot of things, especially how the producers overruled the direction of that film. Which makes me wonder if they same thing happened here. I'm not sure what's going on with Nic Cage and his obsession with Elvis, but it's getting a little tiring to see onscreen <_< You married Elvis's daughter, she divorced you, move on :rolleyes: My wife thought the lines in the movie were pretty cliche' and the story lacking. When I realized that Sam Eliiot was the western Ghost Rider, she said that might have made a more interesting movie :lol: Hell, it might been more interesting with the guy who played Johnny as a kid. Just really a bad movie for me and I love these type of movies. Kind of makes me wish I had waited and picked 300 as my next movie :thumbsup:

I went into Ghost Rider with very low expectations, and was pleasently surprised... I actually enjoyed it. Sure, it's campy and Cage is way over the top, but it's a flaming skull on a flaming motorcycle... What else could it be?

I think that Nic had to be the way that he was, just weird and crazy, because when the normies (Non-Comic folk) see Ghost Rider, it's not too big of a shock....

I'll agree that the Director Cut of DareDevil is far superior to the original. It's almost a good movie with the D.C.... Can't wait to see the GR D.C.