New Fantastic Four

NegativeZone

Marvel Comics Solicits:

BLACK PANTHER #28

Written by REGINALD HUDLIN

Penciled by FRANCIS PORTELA

Cover by ARTHUR SUYDAM

"Part 1 of 4"

It’s slobberin’ time! The New Fantastic Four just made a wrong turn on the inter-dimensional super highway -- and they’ve landed in the middle of Zombie-verse! That’s right, True Believer, if the Black Panther, Storm, the Human Torch and the Thing can’t come up with the perfect escape plan, they’re going to be the next hors d'ouvres for Zombie Galacti intent on eating the entire universe! Spinning from the pages of the mega-hit MARVEL ZOMBIES!

32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$2.99

I personally think this would be a great four pack, one reason being because we have no Black Panther figure. Thoughts?

I agree that the Marvel Zombies are on the verge of over exposure. The original series was fun. The one-shot telling the story of how it all began will be interesting. The Army of Darkness crossover is bound to be fun. Beyond that, there's really nothing left to tell. We have, what, five zombies left over on a universe devouring quest? Not as fun. And now they're in Black Panther's book? Disaster. I'm not a big fan of the Black Panther comic, as it seems to turn most every plot into a white versus black thing, or some other equally negative bias. They turned Doom into the equivalent of a bigot, then really faltered on the start of their Civil War tie-in by having the whole "black people versus the man" undertone. Now, its trying to make Black Panther the moral superior character in Civil War and make him the secret weapon by having the whole resistance soiling themselves with excitement when he joins the cause. I can't wait to see what they do with Marvel Zombies. :rolleyes:

But hey, at least we get two things out of this solicitation:

1.) We have confirmation that Storm and Black Panther join the Fantastic Four

2.) We now have a stronger connection between the Ultimate and 616 Universe. Before now, we haven't really seen any crossover possibility, but with the FF jumping into the Zombieverse, it creates a single step to the Ultimate Universe (though it was suggested in Ultimate FF that the Ultimateverse and the Zombieverse wouldn't crossover any more).

As for another box set, it could work if they find a nice new take on the Human Torch and Thing. We need a Black Panther, and it wouldn't hurt to have an updated Storm. But with several versions of Thing roaming the minimate universe, I don't see them doing anything particularly exciting or new.