UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New ToyFare unveils new Minimates!

thechrishaley

I think they're all pretty good. The only thing that makes me sad about this series is the lack of a Goblin Glider. Same thing about the GR ones shown below - GR isn't GR without his bike. I know this isn't anything DST/AA has control over, but it really is the one area minimates are lacking IMO.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that its a shame we can't get some of the signature equipment for these guys, but I'm sure Marvel has their own business reasons for the restrictions. The motorcycle is understandable due to size, but its hard to believe that they couldn't get a simple glider a la Kubricks past the licensing issues. But then again, I understand it was a battle getting Silver Surfer's surfboard, so I guess its par for the course.

Looking back over the pictures, anyone notice Green Goblin is holding the old Green Goblin headpiece and not an actual mask? Also, he features one Captain America glove and one plain pumpkin holding hand. I hope those two points get addressed between now and final release, else the character may not be as exciting as initial reaction.

Also, is it just me or does Melee Symbiote Spidey look like a repaint of Power Man's face?

lol, so far it looks like a hat, not a mask. :P hopefully it will truly have a mask.

Also do you guys think we'll have an extra set of arms with the "Civil War" Spidey? The more I see it, the more I accept the yellow. I hope those eyes are fixed though.

This is gonna rock if they do bring them to Target with enough to go around unlike the Ice MAn and Wolverine two pack that never seemed to get here in Texas.

lol, so far it looks like a hat, not a mask. :P hopefully it will truly have a mask.

Also do you guys think we'll have an extra set of arms with the "Civil War" Spidey? The more I see it, the more I accept the yellow. I hope those eyes are fixed though.

My guess is that he will have a mask. Why else would they paint his hair on his head, when they easily could have given him a hair piece.

does target exclusive mean CANADA DOESN'T GET ANY!?!?! and judging by the way the sets are uh.. set up, i'd need the boxed set and the iron spidey 2 pack as well as the web armor spidey two pack to get them all, right?

CAN ANYONE HELP A CANADIAN BROTHER OUT?!?!?

FINALLY! They're doing more than just make "un-mask", "battle damaged" or "unmasked and battle damaged" Spider-Man! Iron Spidey (though they could have done it better) and Armoured Spidey (assuming that's what Web Armor Spider-Man is) were high on my most wanted list. However, I live in the UK so I don't know how easy it would be for me to get them over here. :(

this year is gonna be tough, soooo many mates I want and have been wanting forever, but the new house is sucking up all my $ Hopefully I'll be able to scrape enough loot up to get my hands on all the sweet new booty. so far I got the Avengers set all locked up with stuck a kid, minus the variant though, all sold out :( This new spidey set is sweet !! I'm psyched about Iron Spidey, though I do like TBT's version better, but the production version is cool, and all I'll ever get my hands on. Black Spidey, despite being BD is still a black Spidey. The new GG is absolutly sick, so much better than the origional. No complaints from me for 2007.

BS

*Getting* them in the UK isn't too hard, places like Forbidden Planet sell them at about the time they come out in the US and webistes such as Toyzandgames.co.uk and forbidden planet again (there's two seperate companies by the same name, both in the UK, that both operate websites as well as storefronts selling comics and stuff. Just to add to the confusion).

Getting them *at a sensible price* however is somewhat more difficult. Your standard cost will be the $ exchanged for a £ - in other words, twice the price. You may be able to do better by bulk ordering from the states and selling the extras.

Just thought I'd weigh in.

Jo

This is gonna rock if they do bring them to Target with enough to go around unlike the Ice MAn and Wolverine two pack that never seemed to get here in Texas.

I found lots of those two-packs in Houston. Though I don't recall ever seeing them in Austin (where I live).

I'm pretty happy about these Spider-Man sets. Considering all the Spideys we've gotten before, I'm surprised to be saying that. Minor grumbling about having to get the set to get Hydro-man, but I can certainly live with it. :)

can some one scan all the pages of this toyfare? rather all the pages having to do with minimates?

No.

Im not 100% comfortable with scans of individual articles (Wizard Ent do send C&D letters to offending sites) and theres no way in hell we're hosting a complete scan of the mag.

I, like many others, have mentioned that the eyes on "Civil War" Spider-Man seem a little off. I was just fooling around with Photoshop and came up with this:

th_IronSpideyfix.jpg

The prototype is on the right and my adjustment is on the left. I don't mind the shape of the eyes but they are definitely too close together. I imagine they'll be moved before they go to production, much like the human eye on the Cyborg Superman.

I, like many others, have mentioned that the eyes on "Civil War" Spider-Man seem a little off. I was just fooling around with Photoshop and came up with this:

The prototype is on the right and my adjustment is on the left. I don't mind the shape of the eyes but they are definitely too close together. I imagine they'll be moved before they go to production, much like the human eye on the Cyborg Superman.

Interestingly I dont think that it's that they are too close together as much as too steeply angled. Most minimate masks have eyes that are maybe 10-15 degrees off the horizontal, these are 45 deg plus.

I'm starting to wonder if we should have a seperate dissect the Iron Spidey thread ;)

T.

I didn't see this mentioned yet, but the article to the left of the pictures confirms that there will be Spider-Man 3 minimates.

Yeah I was gad to have read that, my hope is restored. :) The article said the merchandise is comming but wasn't pictured.