UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Desperately Seeking Susan?! A Few Dollars More?!

MisterPL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, good point about scale. I wouldn't want to see them done a la LOTR. In my head I saw them as being all the same 2" size. I assumed the kids would have youthful faces and colorful costumes, and the adults would have wrinkles and darker clothes, so you could tell somewhat who's a kid and who's an adult. The kids in Goonies ranged in height, too; I remember Mouth could almost look Ma Fratelli in the eye.

Then again, if AA wants to whip up a 1.5" body so they can make juveniles, then I'm all for that!

Then again, if AA wants to whip up a 1.5" body so they can make juveniles, then I'm all for that!

that would be cool, but i don't see it happening, the production cost would be too high for them to make new molds just for goonies. but like dragonborn said, the bodies could be used elsewhere, still i don't think they will do it, especially since certain characters in the marvle line should be bigger, but aren't. i don't know, i could be wrong... i usually am.

BS

• 1 year later...

Sorry to post on such an old topic, but I just received a set of Desperately Seeking Susan MiniMates. I live in Australia and we don't get most of the MiniMates in Specialty Comic Stores, let alone major retail chains, so I often order them from overseas (in this case, Canada). Quite often the postage costs me more than the 'mates themselves.

In this case - it was WORTH IT!

I'm not a HUGE Madonna fan, but these MiniMates are FANTASTIC. The attention to detail is amazing! Each of the girls is wearing one of the earrings featured in the film. The inclusion of Susan's hatbox as an accessory is perfect! The bottom of Roberta's legs have been painted green to mirror the green socks she has showing on the film poster. Even their belt buckles are painted on to match the film poster!

I bought these as a gift for a friend, who isn't a toy collector, but is a huge fan of the film. As soon as i gave them to him and he opened them, I started to wonder if perhaps I should have ordered 2 sets. . .

Sorry to post on such an old topic, but I just received a set of Desperately Seeking Susan MiniMates. I live in Australia and we don't get most of the MiniMates in Specialty Comic Stores, let alone major retail chains, so I often order them from overseas (in this case, Canada). Quite often the postage costs me more than the 'mates themselves.

In this case - it was WORTH IT!

I'm not a HUGE Madonna fan, but these MiniMates are FANTASTIC. The attention to detail is amazing! Each of the girls is wearing one of the earrings featured in the film. The inclusion of Susan's hatbox as an accessory is perfect! The bottom of Roberta's legs have been painted green to mirror the green socks she has showing on the film poster. Even their belt buckles are painted on to match the film poster!

I bought these as a gift for a friend, who isn't a toy collector, but is a huge fan of the film. As soon as i gave them to him and he opened them, I started to wonder if perhaps I should have ordered 2 sets. . .

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I'll be picking mine up today, and I'll admit, I was having second thoughts. Having read this--I'm looking forward to it. :)

Edited by Alpheon

Dont give in to it BHM be strong and resist the temption.

No one can resist the allure of the Material Girl forever. I still don't have her Minimate, but I really want one, since I'm a huge 80s fan. Damn BBTS selling out.

No one can resist the allure of the Material Girl forever. I still don't have her Minimate, but I really want one, since I'm a huge 80s fan. Damn BBTS selling out.

Keep and eye out at AFX... They still havent had their shipment and I"m still waiting for my set. Who knows they may have spares.

I can see this pack being one of those almost impossible to find later packs, because people are buying them for non minimate fans and also it looks like it was a fairly short run.

T.

I can see this pack being one of those almost impossible to find later packs, because people are buying them for non minimate fans and also it looks like it was a fairly short run.

T.

I noticed a couple of weeks ago that it had sold out of a number of places online.

How much are the DSS sets going for? If any of the Minimaniacs here bought a case of 'em and are looking to unload a set, I might be interested...

I was in love with Madonna while in elementary school in the 80's (the slutty "Borderline/Like a Virgin" Madonna, not the platinum blonde cropped "You Can Dance/True Blue" Madonna).

Dont give in to it BHM be strong and resist the temption.

I gave in already & she's on her way from ....er ...um...BBTS (Sorry K!)

Nothing but 'gut instinct' but I think these ARE sold out & will not be showing at all at AFX. That is based purely on my gut instinct & I hope I'm wrong.

Although it may not be relevant or conclusive it is ominous that all references to DSS no longer appear on the AFX site :(

• 3 weeks later...
I would believe that they have sold out and quickly but I have to think just for my sanity that the product run was/is shorter then an average minimate wave, alot like it has been said that the X3 wave was smaller then usual.

They were definitely the hardest-to-find new issue Minimate I have ever secured .

Now that I've seen these in the 'flesh' I can only say that I need a large portion of humble pie because these are quality items .