UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Zombie Minimates Confirmed With Pics

AdyCarter

Has it been confirmed that the new box set is Defenders? I know it's the only one that makes sense, but still, do we know for sure?

Nope. I'm waiting for that question to be answered in the next Q & A. All clues just point to the mystery boxset being defenders.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be a new New Avengers boxset, since he is now appearing in that comic.

And there is a Dr. Strange animated DVD coming out later this year, maybe he will be included in that; ala Ult. Avengers 2...

Nope. I'm waiting for that question to be answered in the next Q & A. All clues just point to the mystery boxset being defenders.

Yeah, there aren't a huge number of teams that Doctor Strange has been a part of. Fewer still of teams that anyone would actually be dying to see. The line up is pretty much the only thing they have to announce at this point, though watch them pull a swerve and announce the Ultimate Knights or something, with Shang Chi, Moon Knight, and Iron Fist being the rest of the line-up, since we're lousy with Spider-Man and Daredevil representations. Of course, they could always crop up in a six-pack version.

It could be a new New Avengers boxset, since he is now appearing in that comic.

I had thought about that, but with this boxed set coming so soon after the New Avengers wave, there's really only two characters we haven't seen in the line-up: Iron Fist (available as a hard-to-find exclusive already) and Doctor Strange. And it's too early to be updating Wolverine, Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, and Ronin. And I doubt severely that we'll see any form of Black Spidey outside of the Wave 2 variant and the Spidey 3 sets.

And there is a Dr. Strange animated DVD coming out later this year, maybe he will be included in that; ala Ult. Avengers 2...

Again, I doubt it. I'm not positive, but I don't think AA/DST profited from the Ultimate Avengers 2 project. I'm sure they got something from the deal, but since the DVD prices weren't jacked up to include the added production cost, I doubt they made a killing on any of the figures they produced for it. I don't forsee that type of tie-in to be an often used marketing ploy, but then again, I've been wrong many times in the past, so don't say never.

As far as the Powerhouse Hulk though, yeah, its great to see them trying to bulk up their bigger characters in whatever way they can. I just wish they had taken the opportunity with Darktide and Wave 13 to bulk up Juggernaut and Colossus, respectively. I don't see them going back to do the job on Gray Hulk, Gamma Hulk, and Rhino though, as those aren't exactly prominent characters in the current continuity.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been out of the loop for a few months and this is the first bit of MM news to hit me on my return and all i can say is bloody fantastic news. I LOVED the Marvel Zombies storyline and i'm currently digging the Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness storyline so these will be a welcome addition to the PCC (Plastic Crack Collection)...

Here's a thought: convention exclusive? Seeing as how they're basically repaints...

They're actually repaints that I'm ok with. I've often complained about the contstant Spidey, Wolvie and Cap repaints, but these I'm ok with. I'll be buying these for sure.

These are actually new sculpted parts. The Wolverine big-chest has awesome sculpted shoulder covers, rather than just painting the arms. This will be a great custom part.

The mask/helmet on Wolverine, Luke Cage's head peice, Hulk Hair peice is new too. Calling them repaints does not do this great line justice.

I hardly consider them repaints as well. They are totally new designs new pieces and the whole clear parts to show the bones is so innovative of minimates. Can't wait!! Hope we get a SDCC exclusive set or something....

• 5 weeks later...

i read on the boards somewhere there is going to be a marvel zombie minimate giantman/dd set is this true, and if it is

where is it going to be sold? thanks in advance

It's a San Diego Comic Con exclusive although you might be able to order it directly from DST as was the case with the Spider-Man 3 debut 2-pack. And there'll be plenty on eBay once the con is over. If you haven't seen them yet there are pics on DST's website.