UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

March of Minimates 2023!

Hey y'all!  

In case you were not aware, over on the Instagram a bunch of us are celebrating our favorite 2 inch figure line with a month long picture extravaganza.  Each week has a theme, each day a suggestion, and so far, every pic has been an inspiration.  It's so much fun AND a great way to raise awareness to all the fuddy duddies in our lives that don't know how rad minimates are. 

You (yes YOU) should come join us!  Grab a camera (or your phone) snap a pic and post it with the hashtag #marchofminimates to get in on the action! AND if you tag your pic with @minimated (the legend organizing this whole fiasco) you'll be entered into a weekly drawing for real life prizes.  I dare you to find a better deal online than that!

And listen, if for whatever reason you don't want to clutter your insta feed with toy pics (which I understand), at least come check out the hashtag and DM your buddies about it.  The whole point of this month is to honor minimates and show off how cool they are.  Come help us in anyway you can/want.

OH!  And here's the list of prompts, starting with today 3/13 through the end of the month.

Week 2 - Heroes and Villains

13 A Victory

14 A Defeat

Week 3 - Movies and TV

15 Super Hero

16 Action/Adventure

17 Sci-Fi

18 Fantasy

19 Comedy

20 Horror

21 AniMATEd

Week 4 - Scene Recreations

22 A Comic Cover 

23 A movie poster

24 A dramatic Moment

25 A heroic Moment

26A scene with Aliens

27 A scene with Monsters

28 A scene with Machines

WEEK 5 - BONUS

29-31 - Create your own characters!

Now go check it out!

Great shots, Funkguerilla. I've been posting some too, but they're not as good as yours!

If anyone knows MInimated, let him or her know I'd be happy to donate prizes. I appear to be... disconnected from him. 

If not, I'll just give some stuff away here, because why not!

scrolled through the tag and it’s great to see people already bringing the HEAT

loving these, they all look really cool

20 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Great shots, Funkguerilla. I've been posting some too, but they're not as good as yours!

If anyone knows MInimated, let him or her know I'd be happy to donate prizes. I appear to be... disconnected from him. 

If not, I'll just give some stuff away here, because why not!

A- Thank you! I'm digging your stuff too; my favorite thing about this is seeing all the fun weird combos everyone is bringing out.

B- I reached out to minimated, but who knows.  He's a man with a plan.

2 hours ago, hellpop said:

Very cool! I post Minimate photos on Instagram occasionally, but I don't really use it all that much.

Thank you!  And you should totally post again!

14 hours ago, minifigvig said:

scrolled through the tag and it’s great to see people already bringing the HEAT

loving these, they all look really cool

AGREED! Everyone is really firing on all cylinders and it's incredible to see.  Every day I'm in awe of the creativity.