UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are your Top 10 Favorite MCU Movies?

luke314pi

I love making top 10 lists. Here are my favorite MCU movies in order. What are yours?

1. Avengers: Infinity War

2. Guardians of the Galaxy

3. Iron Man

4. Captain America: The First Avenger

5. Avengers: Endgame

6. Avengers

7. Captain America: Civil War

8. Spider-Man: No Way Home

9. Thor: Ragnarok

10. Captain America: Winter Soldier

I'm not sure I could make a definitive list either. I do think that, for the most part, that first Avengers picture is really well put together. Otherwise, I have a fondness for the first Thor film, I find that Branagh was a very fitting choice to implement the pseudo-shakespearian aspects of those early Thor comics. Similarly, the first part of The First Avenger is a really great watch. Feels just like Johnston's adaptation of The Rocketeer from ten years earlier, which I maintain is an excellent movie – in some ways perfect. 

I find that I have more of a fondness for the early Marvel movies of the early 2000s, as they were the movies of my youth. The first Spider-Man has always had a special place in my heart (especially since I have developed an affinity for Evil Dead II) and Ang Lee's Hulk has become a favorite of mine as well. I think his background in family centered dramas in Taiwan positioned him well to tackle the psychological aspects of Hulk which have made him one of my favorite characters. Even that editing gimmick I find really fun!

A different response than you were probably anticipating, Luke, but I can't help myself when talking about movies :laugh:

16 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

I'm not sure I could make a definitive list either. I do think that, for the most part, that first Avengers picture is really well put together. Otherwise, I have a fondness for the first Thor film, I find that Branagh was a very fitting choice to implement the pseudo-shakespearian aspects of those early Thor comics. Similarly, the first part of The First Avenger is a really great watch. Feels just like Johnston's adaptation of The Rocketeer from ten years earlier, which I maintain is an excellent movie – in some ways perfect. 

I find that I have more of a fondness for the early Marvel movies of the early 2000s, as they were the movies of my youth. The first Spider-Man has always had a special place in my heart (especially since I have developed an affinity for Evil Dead II) and Ang Lee's Hulk has become a favorite of mine as well. I think his background in family centered dramas in Taiwan positioned him well to tackle the psychological aspects of Hulk which have made him one of my favorite characters. Even that editing gimmick I find really fun!

A different response than you were probably anticipating, Luke, but I can't help myself when talking about movies :laugh:

You nailed exactly what I love about the first Thor and Cap movies. And although I did limit my list to MCU movies, I do think Spider-Man 2 is one of the best superhero movies of all time. Although now is it technically part of the MCU after No Way Home? 🤔

1 hour ago, WookieFodder said:

Holy buckets, not many Phase 4 MCU listed dontcha know.

Spidey is the only recent hotdish. Oh yeah sure, you betcha. Uff da.

I do have Shang-Chi as #13 on my full list lol, but I did not really enjoy Love and Thunder or Multiverse of Madness. And I haven't really thought about where Wakanda Forever fits in yet. 

in no particular order, my favs would be:

avengers, iron man 2, winter soldier, civil war, gotg vol 2, ragnarok, homecoming, infinity war, endgame, and doctor strange

i love both of the panther movies and i wish got to see more of Boseman in the role

and now i’m just excited for the mutants and the surfer to make their mcu debut 

I don't have an order either, but my faves in phase order are:

Iron Man
Winter Soldier
Guardians of the Galaxy
Ant-Man
Ragnarok
Infinity War
Ant-Man and the Wasp
Captain Marvel
End Game
No Way Home

I have just watched Wakanda Forever... and it might sneak on to the list, but I'd like to see it a second time before I make the call.
Phase 4 has been tough judge. Some of the TV series have been a bit average, some have been a lot of fun. I really liked what they did for WandaVision... but it felt like it was all undone a film later.
I'm very much hoping Quantumania is a return to form after the last couple films.

29 minutes ago, Nessex said:

Phase 4 has been tough judge. Some of the TV series have been a bit average, some have been a lot of fun. I really liked what they did for WandaVision... but it felt like it was all undone a film later.
I'm very much hoping Quantumania is a return to form after the last couple films.

WandaVision was my favorite Disney+ show so far, but yeah it did seem like Multiverse of Madness reversed and straight up forgot all of the excellent character work they did with Wanda. 

I'll have to think about it. To be honest they have all started the blend together, though like a lot of you I've been pretty down on most of the post-Endgame movies. Far From Home, Shang-Chi, and Love and Thunder are among my bottom five Marvel movies. I think the formula has become so ingrained that I don't really enjoy them all that much any more.

• 2 months later...

Iron Man is still my favorite MCU flick, the one that faithfully started it all. The rest are in no particular order:

• Black Panther
  • Captain America: Winter Soldier
  • Black Widow
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home
  • The Incredible Hulk
  • Thor
  • Avengers: Endgame
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
  • Ant-Man

My favorite comic book flick ever is Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. It makes me believe that all comic book adaptations could be animated in a more stylized way and be just as entertaining as the abundance of photorealistic animation used in "live-action" films, if not better. It also had a top-notch score and soundtrack. A new bar was set with that movie.