UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DCD Minimates series 1 moved up one week earlier!!!

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just in my local shop today and he still had them on the books for the 28th. I'm kind of hoping it's still that, even though I am jonesing for them to get here already. My big fear is that it's going to be one wave after the other and I'm not going to be able to keep up :D

I hope they aren't - I don't get paid 'til the 28th.

Mind you, those lovely people at Forbidden Planet want me to pay the massive overcharge cost, so I'm sure they'll keep them a week for me.

Maybe.

*starts worrying*

Jo

I suspected they'd be moved up to coincide with NY Comic Con. Good call DC. Get 'em out there with as much hype and fanfare as possible! Keep this line going!

Also, I wonder if this press release includes minimates:

February 6, 2007 - DC Comics has released this teaser announcement, promising more details at the upcoming American International Toy Fair:

DC COMICS ANNOUNCES NEW STRATEGY TO LICENSE AND DISTRIBUTE POP CULTURE CHARACTERS

DC Comics announced plans today to license and distribute collectibles based on the world's greatest pop culture characters and stories under a new brand name, DC Unlimited. The first series of DC Unlimited products will be unveiled at New York's American International Toy Fair, and will be distributed to all retail outlets, including mass market and specialty channels.

I know it says 'collectibles' but that could include a lot of different product....

So... is there a possibility that these 'mates will arrive one week earlier on the West Coast, or is that a DST thing? If so, I could have DC miniMates in my hands in a week!

Maybe.

If they ship like all other DCD product, they'll hit all stores at the same time. If they're shipping like past mates waves, the west coast will get them first.

I'll just quit my gym membership since I'm buff enough as it is. :rolleyes:

I'm going with the "not eating" method myself. I figure I've acquired enough reserves over the past fifteen years to last a few weeks.

Those are a couple of ways to go. I personally have taken to teaching after school classes to pay for my addiction *ahem* hobbies.

Ok. After a bit of research (mostly at the DC forums), this:

February 6, 2007 - DC Comics has released this teaser announcement, promising more details at the upcoming American International Toy Fair:

DC COMICS ANNOUNCES NEW STRATEGY TO LICENSE AND DISTRIBUTE POP CULTURE CHARACTERS

DC Comics announced plans today to license and distribute collectibles based on the world's greatest pop culture characters and stories under a new brand name, DC Unlimited. The first series of DC Unlimited products will be unveiled at New York's American International Toy Fair, and will be distributed to all retail outlets, including mass market and specialty channels.

apparently means 'other properties' such as World of Warcraft.

Meh.