UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SigFigs

some of y'all probably know the term from lego forums BUT does anyone have a (custom ofc) minimate of themselves/feel represents them?

unless we have celeb lurkers who actually have Minimates made of them...

I know Mr Oat's blessed in such a way but curious if that was anyone else's fancy

4 hours ago, nandoninny said:

to be fair, i'm pretty generic looking so it was easy

F8cking priceless :D

I was born with a diastema ,it is not life threatening & I live with it .  I just did a quick check through of well-known (but less-popular characters than myself) with the same affliction* & found that their Minimate likeness's fail in the 'mouth-open' dept. .... & my mouth is generally open . :yes:

I mention the above purely because *William Dafoe, Madonna (?) ,Elijah Wood , Samuel L.Jackson & Arnold Schwarzenegger * have Minimate 'realities' .

I choose Samuel L. as my Minimate doppelgänger  .....we have our differences but I'd be happy enough to say we share attitudes.

Just try and guess which is the real me!

terry moore’s photo was at the airport. Couldn’t find the eric powell one.  
favorite comic character is the flash so i scooped up that big bang theory set just for the shirt   
and i’m more of a boxers guy but meh   And other than the beer gut my chest does look like this

i could find a better picture of me b/c my hair is a little shorter than normal here and my eyes are closed but i figured the rest of the photo is worth showing 

F3BED820-C5CE-40E8-8568-7A4BD0992DAE.jpeg

Edited by nandoninny

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

I choose Samuel L. as my Minimate doppelgänger  .....we have our differences but I'd be happy enough to say we share attitudes.

attitude can count for more than just resemblance.  you ever see a kid that reminds you of an older person?  its usually attitude and mannerisms.  so if you're a bad ass than Samuel works!

Thank you so much for all the replies gang! Especially you nandoninny that is so bloody cool mate, to say nothing of your own lil contribution there MisterPL holy f*ck congratulations and of course while I'm cussing, you're both certainly badass mofo's BHM :)

and of course to CylonChaney's point, the Geppimate is PEAK sig fig but between that and old mate with the cakes there seems precedent that solo, IRL person Minimates have the best gear: what would you have packed in with your minimate, if you were one?

I do hope this continues; maybe some of y'all recall the forum days Mattallica speaks of?

Edited by SignatureChoice
dodging double post

6 hours ago, minifigvig said:

this thread inspired me to make a real mini-fig vig

my lenses are tinted and i like wearing cowboy boots

The expendables set with mickey rorke (so?) has cowboy boots but i think they’re tucked into the pants.   Lotsa tinted shades - what color tint?

@nandoninnyi used tuco from the good the bad the ugly since his are black and don’t have spurs

and then playboy tony stark for the face w red frames

Edited by minifigvig
forgot to quote nando

4 hours ago, nandoninny said:

@minifigvig no way i'd split my good bad n ugly set.  i only got one of them and it is too damn perfect to chop up for parts.

not to sound weird....but how'd you dress yourself?

i went with stuff i really wear (except for the briefs -- i'm a boxer guy but i don't think any minimates have been made in boxers).

lol i feel you with that particular set, i only have the one and i just mashed parts for new profile pic and then stowed it away.

as far as clothing, i keep it simple w a few pairs of jeans and lots of blank shirts, so it was easy for me to make an all-black canadian tux 

On 12/14/2022 at 2:12 PM, buttheadsmate said:

Matt's post is perhaps too subtle ........his avatar is his own likeness 

Reveal hidden contents

....unless I am sorely mistaken:blush:

You got me you clever old bird

, although my mini me might need an update a bit more gray in that hair methinks sigh