UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Had an interesting start this morning

Shanester

I walk my dog about 5:30 to 6:00 in the AM. We started to go out the front door and noticed SWAT guys carrying machine guns and helicopters hovering overhead. We were told to go back inside.

It turns out some guy escaped from somewhere in Texas, came to New Orleans, shot a SWAT captain and ditched a stolen police car in my neighborhood. He is suspected to be hiding in one of the houses and is armed & dangerous. I bolted down the doors and got out my pistol. Once my girl was ready to leave for work, we left together. They still have not found him.

You just never know what you are going to wake up to...

Life is never dull in the 'ster household is it?

No, we like to keep it lively.

I never felt unsafe, but I wasn't going to leave the Mrs. alone until the guy was caught.

He is still not found as of 10:55am CST.

Damn! I've never, ever encountered anything like that...

Out of curiosity, Shanester, What was your first thought?

Zombies? Robot Invasion?

Zombies? Robot Invasion?

Definitely zombies! I am such a fam of Romero and movies like Shaun of the Dead! I come out my door and see a small army of SWAT guys walking down my very quiet, very nonchalant, very family-oriented street. I was thinking..."where did I put that cricket bat".

Seriously, I am such a geek that things like that do cross my mind. However, the local news made it very clear to me that there were no zombies...

Zombies? Robot Invasion?

Definitely zombies! I am such a fam of Romero and movies like Shaun of the Dead! I come out my door and see a small army of SWAT guys walking down my very quiet, very nonchalant, very family-oriented street. I was thinking..."where did I put that cricket bat".

Seriously, I am such a geek that things like that do cross my mind. However, the local news made it very clear to me that there were no zombies...

I smell a goverment coverup....

It's something that happens with all that water and chemicals... mark my words... B)

T.

I'm just impressed an American knows what a cricket bat is... :D

T.

Two sources for this knowledge:

Action Man Cricketeer Set circa 1970's (no longer own).

Shaun of the Dead (that I watch about once a month)

"You've got red on you..."

Yeah, they still have not taken him into custody. They have him cornered in a house a few streets over from me. The owners are not home, which is good I think.

No word on wether or not he is a zombie.

Wow. That certainly is a crazy thing. Drama in real life, eh?

Yeah, I hope all goes well and the guy gets caught...

I'm just impressed an American knows what a cricket bat is... :D

T.

"Cricket? Nobody understands cricket! You've got to know what a crumpet is to understand cricket!"

- Raphael, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)

I'm glad our American chums have enjoyed "Shaun of the Dead"!

Lots of very British humour in it.

Ahhh, Shaun of the Dead. I totally loved that movie, though I found massive mounds of humor in it where none of the other members of my family (or most of my friends, for that matter) could only find ... un-humor....

And I flipped when I saw him in Mission Impossible 3! Everyone around me thought I was a complete doofus when I started giggling in the middle of the theatre. Heh. Yeah, it was a bright spot in the movie for me :P

Shaun of the Dead fans may like to know that Edgar thingy who produced it and Joe Cornish (Lanky british bloke who had a video diary on the S.O.T.D. DVD extras) are going to be making the Ant-Man movie for Marvel films.

Hey Shane, any more news chap?

They caught the guy. Its a bit of a sad story actually. A bit unfortunate for all.

Seems the man is a Vietnam veteran who went a little wacky and had to be discharged from service for mental reasons. He was on heavy meds and under the care of his elderly mother all these years, but she recently died. Unknown to the Veterans Admin, no one was looking after him and he went off his meds.

The poor guy probably felt a bit like a zombie. This story has a sad ending for all, I'm afraid.