UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Database

11 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I think Ivan stopped updating it himself years ago and he had someone else on here take it over. I'm almost positive there was a post about it years ago.

I don’t remember Ivan retiring. Hell I offered to assist him once during another long dark period and he turned me down. You sure you’re not conflating it with Central?

it really is a great resource to have and i’m always using it 🤓

i’ve seen other posters mention using a spreadsheet to organize things, which is great and i’ve started using one since lol. the release dates really come in handy!

and just like that, i found myself using MMDB yet again since that femme fatale hairpiece ended up being perfect for qc zombie wanda in a marvel thread.

HAILS 🤘🏽

I used it the other day to help identify a Toybiz accessory from the 90s. The accessory in question looked like a Minimate accessory I remembered and so I reasoned that Toybiz must have made a figure of the same character. 
The MMDB is useful even beyond all things Minimate. 
Long live (Hail) Ivan & the database.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 1:08 PM, luke314pi said:

I know he has ordered from us recently, 

The fact that DST isn't just auto shipping one of everything to Ivan directly is still a huge WTF to me.  The guy has been an invaluable source of information and free promotional marketing to the brand for years.  But they have no problem providing merchandise to "SMASH THAT LIKE, CLICK THAT BELL"  YouTube channels that aren't passionate about the actual product.

We've compensated him in other ways, but I'll reach out and see if his address on file is still good, and if he needs anything. I will say that everything he's ever asked for I have sent him. But you're right, he should get it all. 

As far as PRESS goes, I really only send to sites that ask for the product, and like it. That includes review sites and toy photographers. I had a list, but I lost it when I left the page accidentally. If I ever send it to a site that DIDN'T task for it, it was all to reach a new audience and spread awareness. But happy to review any site you feel doesn't deserve or respect the product. 

Edited by DSTZach

Thanks for the support everyone. It's been tough finding the time to put together updates to the database and contribute to the Minimate community in general. Just too much real life to deal with.

I started an update last month and just posted it a few hours ago. There's no NYCC or VHS-style releases included, but at least the Transformers are finally represented. Now maybe Soundwave will stop talking to me in my sleep.