Wave 84 (Daredevil)

SuperChefMate

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I honestly don't know if the prototypes are even painted. I have not seen them as of yet. We were waiting to hear back on pricing at one point to find out who needed to be cut to reach the new, lower price point, so that may have held them up, or at least held up the solicitation. Also, we may be waiting to see if the FF and Young Avengers sets sell through a little more. 

Two MM sets in a month is certainly POSSIBLE, but we only offer 10-12 new items every month so as not to overwhelm retailers. If we offer more than one Minimates set, that's another product that has to wait a month to be offered. And we have multiple product categories, including busts, action figures, statues, etc., and multiple licenses, upwards of 20 at last count, jockeying for position. Some of those licenses have time factors, where we need to solicit a certain number of products within a certain window. Marvel MM are not in a particular rush.

That said, I don't think one MM set a month is a bad thing, better than feast or famine. Usually we wait for the previous wave to be released before soliciting the next, but that is not a hard-and-fast rule. We didn't do it with AEW, we're not doing it with D&D or Turtles. Here's a breakdown of solicits.

August 2022 -- MMPR 2

Sept. 2022 -- Young Avengers

Oct. 2022 -- D&D Heroes

Dec. 2022 -- AEW Young Bucks

Jan. 2023 -- Turtle Blimp

Feb. 2023 -- D&D VIllains

May 2023 - Last Ronin

June 2023 - TMNT

July 2023 - Marvel (tentative)

Aug. 2023 -- AEW (tentative)

19 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I honestly don't know if the prototypes are even painted. I have not seen them as of yet. We were waiting to hear back on pricing at one point to find out who needed to be cut to reach the new, lower price point, so that may have held them up, or at least held up the solicitation. Also, we may be waiting to see if the FF and Young Avengers sets sell through a little more. 

Two MM sets in a month is certainly POSSIBLE, but we only offer 10-12 new items every month so as not to overwhelm retailers. If we offer more than one Minimates set, that's another product that has to wait a month to be offered. And we have multiple product categories, including busts, action figures, statues, etc., and multiple licenses, upwards of 20 at last count, jockeying for position. Some of those licenses have time factors, where we need to solicit a certain number of products within a certain window. Marvel MM are not in a particular rush.

That said, I don't think one MM set a month is a bad thing, better than feast or famine. Usually we wait for the previous wave to be released before soliciting the next, but that is not a hard-and-fast rule. We didn't do it with AEW, we're not doing it with D&D or Turtles. Here's a breakdown of solicits.

August 2022 -- MMPR 2

Sept. 2022 -- Young Avengers

Oct. 2022 -- D&D Heroes

Dec. 2022 -- AEW Young Bucks

Jan. 2023 -- Turtle Blimp

Feb. 2023 -- D&D VIllains

May 2023 - Last Ronin

June 2023 - TMNT

July 2023 - Marvel (tentative)

Aug. 2023 -- AEW (tentative)

I’m sorry, I don’t understand business so I shouldn’t have said anything. Was stupid of me

Edited by Smashmaster12

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

I’m bummed we lost Echo.

So, kingpin in and echo out? I figured it would be too many female characters in one set, which would turn off some people. Dang it.

Who is the character with two looks? Typhoid Mary?

Edited by Padrino

22 minutes ago, Padrino said:

So, kingpin in and echo out? I figured it would be too many female characters in one set, which would turn off some people. Dang it.

Who is the character with two looks? Typhoid Mary?

Anyone have a time stamp on the marvel ‘mates? I cannot find them. 

Man... Mary and Echo were enough to make me buy DD and Bulls, but if we lost Echo, I'll buy Mary secondhand and shrug off the rest, just as I would have Echo without Mary.

This set could have been a must buy for those two girls; now it's one out of four and thus mostly a skip for me.

Sucks to see. Hope others are happy.

5 hours ago, Navaan said:

Man... Mary and Echo were enough to make me buy DD and Bulls, but if we lost Echo, I'll buy Mary secondhand and shrug off the rest, just as I would have Echo without Mary.

This set could have been a must buy for those two girls; now it's one out of four and thus mostly a skip for me.

Sucks to see. Hope others are happy.

Yeah I’m less excited about this set now as well. I was really hoping for a Hail Mary and that Bullseye was the one taken out but I guess since Echo is an Avenger hopefully there’s something coming up that she can slide into that? Know this was an anniversary year for X-men and Avengers but DST always celebrates anniversaries later.

So they dropped a new, popular character that was just introduced to the MCU and will have their own show on Disney+ around the time the set hits stores. Also a character that hasn’t really been released in other toy lines and was featured in the mainline Avengers comic not too long ago. Also, also an indigenous, female character, which every toy line is lacking… 

Alright then.

41 minutes ago, Swarm198 said:

So they dropped a new, popular character that was just introduced to the MCU and will have their own show on Disney+ around the time the set hits stores. Also a character that hasn’t really been released in other toy lines and was featured in the mainline Avengers comic not too long ago. Also, also an indigenous, female character, which every toy line is lacking… 

Alright then.

This is my thinking. This and Adventure Team over troop builders for Joe are the kinds of decisions that just feel baffling and flying in the face of good forward thinking of a line.

Daredevil: Great reissue of the classic costume, which saw a resurgence in the MCU lately. Novel idea giving him the radar.

Elektra: A current character in a current costume, it's an interesting and dynamic look that translates well into a minimate.

Typhoid Mary: A brand new character and a classic villain that plenty of fans here and elsewhere will be excited to get.

Echo: Another brand new and well desired character, and a pertinent one considering her role in popular media.

Kingpin: A redo, yes, but an interesting redo requiring clever new tooling. Similarly pertinent due to MCU appearances.

Bullseye: A desired redo in a costume few will care about. This was clearly the figure to drop. 

I try to be optimistic on here considering how much disdain I think has begun to grow for the line, but even if Bullseye comes with alt pieces to give him a classic costume it will not be worth the loss of Echo. 

Originally, I got that people are digging the Walk of Pride Daredevil but he was the one to cut for me. After thinking and realizing it had been over a decade since we got yellow Daredevil, my vote switched to dump Bullseye. Also, he’s definitely coming with the parts to make a second one. Or we are getting a D-Man head. 

We could get Echo down the line since she is an Avenger but, COME ON the least they could have done was give us the Echo head since the identity of FDD was a “surprise”