UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 84 (Daredevil)

SuperChefMate

Minimate Masterworks is amazing. He has intagram and a Youtube channel, does minimate reviews, and has a name I'd not be embarrassed to associate my brand with. LOL Just saying. I'm pretty sure he was one of the entrants in Luke's last custom contest. And those were all great.

https://www.instagram.com/minimatemasterworks/

https://www.youtube.com/@minimatemasterworks

IMHO, this guy is a wonderful ambassador for the line.

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/15/2023 at 10:07 PM, THE_CRIPPLER said:

The Review Spot on Youtube will occasionally do minimate reviews. I'm sure he would love samples to review. I think the last Minimate review he did was for Transformers series 1.

I send him stuff a lot, I'll have to send him more Minimates. Not sure why I have not. He gets great views.

On 1/16/2023 at 1:10 PM, cylonchaney said:

Minimate Masterworks is amazing. He has intagram and a Youtube channel, does minimate reviews, and has a name I'd not be embarrassed to associate my brand with. LOL Just saying. I'm pretty sure he was one of the entrants in Luke's last custom contest. And those were all great.

https://www.instagram.com/minimatemasterworks/

https://www.youtube.com/@minimatemasterworks

IMHO, this guy is a wonderful ambassador for the line.

I subscribe to his channels, but I am not sure if I have ever offered him samples. If he reads this, he should reach out.

On 1/6/2023 at 9:35 AM, Trekker 42 said:

So dump them both and stick in Gladiator?

I’m here for it. 

NOW yer talkin’!

Gladiator would be ideal!

I just hope Echo, Typhoid Mary and DD (but I don’t fear for him) will stay included. 

Overall, I’m happy to see new ‘Mates released even if I don’t 100% dig the line-up choices… because like Zach said, it’s got to have broad appeal. The FF set was an example of one that I really wanted to like but (to me) the Surfer and Doom weren’t vital. But if others like them, go for it. The reason I didn’t buy multiples (like I usually do) is because of the different costumes. I can’t use the new stretch parts for Reed with the existing version of him that’s my fav (Best of Series 2). It’s a blessing and a curse. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 2:19 PM, DSTZach said:

I send him stuff a lot, I'll have to send him more Minimates. Not sure why I have not. He gets great views.

I subscribe to his channels, but I am not sure if I have ever offered him samples. If he reads this, he should reach out.

i recently saw a post from Make It Move Media, he 3D scans action figures and then animates them

has anyone else seen it? i would love to see a minimate fight scene like his wolverine vs spider-man 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just busted out my DD Minis this past weekend. Needless to say, I'm very excited to see how this set turns out. 

I really do overdo it on army builders.... my DD is presently besieged by a surfeit of Hand Ninjas.

Have I mentioned that I miss army builders? I also have a stupid amount of SHIELD Agents, Dreadnoughts, Hydra, Ice Giants and MAX cops.

• 2 weeks later...

The three that I hope haven't shifted are: Daredevil, Elektra, Typhoid Mary.

If these weren't a box set, I'd probably be in for multiples of DD & Elektra for some parts reuse. Pretty much every one of my Daredevil mates needs that radar effect now. :) It's brilliant.

This set may well encourage multiple purchases, there are multiple looks for most of the figures in it. DD, Elektra, and Echo all have alternate looks at this time (DD technically has two), and Bullseye is one of a team of three identical Bullseyes in the comics. 

I'll let everybody know what's in the set as soon as we're ready to offer it, I don't want to speak out of turn. We should offer it in May, I believe. 

17 minutes ago, elhonez said:

Oy, I will be bummed if Typhoid Mary dropped. 

Same. Bullseye is the weakest if we can’t drop Stride of Pride DareDevil. Kingpin would have been great for a Leland Hellfire Club version.

On 3/15/2023 at 1:27 PM, elhonez said:

Oy, I will be bummed if Typhoid Mary dropped. 

Same. No Mary, no buy. I'll pick up Echo from a second hand seller some time, as I already made a decent one, custom. If Mary and Echo are that, it gets enough of my attention to buy the set and hold the rest for potential customs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 6:34 AM, AFMcGill said:

Typhoid Mary is the only one I am remotely interested in (and even still I have to kitbash her with Jean DeWolff legs and a different arm to get her close to what she actually looked like).

If she's gone, that's 3 "waves" in a row with ZERO for me.

You skipped the FF?!? 

On 3/16/2023 at 6:38 PM, Navaan said:

Same. No Mary, no buy. I'll pick up Echo from a second hand seller some time, as I already made a decent one, custom. If Mary and Echo are that, it gets enough of my attention to buy the set and hold the rest for potential customs.

Mutant Rights! MUTANT RIGHTS!