UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Teams That Would Fit Perfectly In The Current Boxsets

AFMcGill

Gotta concur on that "Weapon X, Lies and Video Tape" set/idea evolution, minifigvig/nessex, can totally see it amid the renewed interest the cartoon has been enjoying, and indeed, there's plenty more eps that could handle the six-pack treatment. I do love the idea of them all in the hex box too though, feels nice and...Weapon X-y lol I also quite fancy the spider-verse catch up MisterPL suggested, especially with how hot that property is of late also

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Quick revival bump for this post since the game has changed and now only 5 characters per set.

I would love: 

Wrecking Crew with Thor.

X-Force: Knock out the Greg C costumes of Sunspot, Warpath, Feral, Exodus, and Stryfe or Cable as Stryfe.

60 Years of X-Men: Changeling, Morph, Sprite, Bunny Wolverine, Maggot.

WCA: Mockingbird, White Vision, Hank Pym, Firebird, Thing

that should take us 3 years to get through :)

Weapon X, lies, and video tapes box set:

wolverine in dept h suit (with alternate parts), sabretooth in dept h suit, maverick, updated omega red, and either silver fox, beast, or that weird android that appears (talos?).  Great episode of the cartoon with lotsa great characters

1 hour ago, nandoninny said:

wolverine in dept h suit (with alternate parts), sabretooth in dept h suit, maverick, updated omega red, and either silver fox, beast, or that weird android that appears (talos?).  Great episode of the cartoon with lotsa great characters

UNF! 
I hate how much I want this! I could pass on another Beast or Omega, but Team X (Mav, Logan & Creed) with Silver Fox and Shiva (Talos in the animated series) would reel me right in. 

9 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

X-Force: Knock out the Greg C costumes of Sunspot, Warpath, Feral, Exodus, and Stryfe or Cable as Stryfe.

Anything that gets us started on the MLF gets a thumbs up from me. 

19 hours ago, Chooch said:

Capullo Sunspot, Warpath, and Feral with original looks Warpath, Siryn, and Boom-Boom in a six-pack would please me to no end.

SAME. But that’s not the game ;) can only have 5.

18 hours ago, nandoninny said:

Now we are TALKING! I’d love this and buy multiples just for the accessories for my Joes!

12 minutes ago, Chooch said:

Then I'd begrudgingly drop original recipe Siryn.  And be super vocal about her absence on release.

And here I thought you’d drop a Warpath! Well played with the plot twist!

Siryn wasn't on the team too long before the redesign.  Warpath was essential to both rosters.  Yeah, we have two Thunderbirds that could work so I suppose dropping original recipe Warpath makes more sense, but I'd prefer a 'Mate with shoulder pads and some bulk.

4 hours ago, Chooch said:

Siryn wasn't on the team too long before the redesign.  Warpath was essential to both rosters.  Yeah, we have two Thunderbirds that could work so I suppose dropping original recipe Warpath makes more sense, but I'd prefer a 'Mate with shoulder pads and some bulk.

Well, we still would need Liefeld Sunspot, Skids, Rusty, and Wolfsbane not to mention Boomer’s other costumes. One could argue we need a Cap and a Liefeld set!

In terms of completing the Capullo lineup, I like the idea of putting Sunspot, Warpath, and Feral with Exodus, but would elect to give the final slot to Reignfire.

Stryfe would perhaps be the more desired choice, but Stryfe would be more at home in a Liefeld-based assortment.

10 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

In terms of completing the Capullo lineup, I like the idea of putting Sunspot, Warpath, and Feral with Exodus, but would elect to give the final slot to Reignfire.

Stryfe would perhaps be the more desired choice, but Stryfe would be more at home in a Liefeld-based assortment.

I just feel like they need a “name” to sell the Boxset and a fake Cable (Cable as Stryfe) would work to get the set sold in. 

14 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Well, we still would need Liefeld Sunspot, Skids, Rusty, and Wolfsbane not to mention Boomer’s other costumes. One could argue we need a Cap and a Liefeld set!

That's when we get to New Mutants. :)

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I just feel like they need a “name” to sell the Boxset

I'd imagine that "X-Force" could be recognizable enough name to move some figures. I think Reignfire would be a very striking minimate. 

I feel we only need the one Warpath (and wishing for more than one is ridiculous with the current snail's pace of releases). The design didn't change ENOUGH between Liefeld and Capullo to justify two. Capullo just gave him cleavage. The Marvel Legends figure is exactly what the Minimate should be based off (likewise, they did a Capullo Sunspot in that same wave of figures). I don't even remember Feral having a Capullo costume. Wasn't it just a pink bathing suit? I'd consider that a waste of a figure and over Warpath, (either version of) Sunspot or a Stryfe is terrible. Reignfire would be cool but again it feels wishful to think this line is going to ever have a character like Reignfire offered. I could spend ages asking what about Adam X the X-Treme? Gideon? I've long wanted a Rusty Collins and X-Terminators Boom-Boom. I don't think any of these are likely. I hold out hope for a Warpath and Sunspot to at least complete a line-up.

It wouldn't take much to make one Warpath that could be Liefeld or Capullo - two sets of armbands, chests, belts, and hair - and then the set would be a clean 50/50 split between the two eras.

Feral's Capullo costume is also a pink bathing suit, but it's a completely different design from the Liefeld version.

21 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

I feel we only need the one Warpath (and wishing for more than one is ridiculous with the current snail's pace of releases). The design didn't change ENOUGH between Liefeld and Capullo to justify two. Capullo just gave him cleavage. The Marvel Legends figure is exactly what the Minimate should be based off (likewise, they did a Capullo Sunspot in that same wave of figures). I don't even remember Feral having a Capullo costume. Wasn't it just a pink bathing suit? I'd consider that a waste of a figure and over Warpath, (either version of) Sunspot or a Stryfe is terrible. Reignfire would be cool but again it feels wishful to think this line is going to ever have a character like Reignfire offered. I could spend ages asking what about Adam X the X-Treme? Gideon? I've long wanted a Rusty Collins and X-Terminators Boom-Boom. I don't think any of these are likely. I hold out hope for a Warpath and Sunspot to at least complete a line-up.

Her costume was different as it didn’t have a Tunic or the shoulder pad things. There’s also the case of her hair getting burnt off. 

I agree with you on the deep cuts. It will be really hard to get to my New Mutants Holy Grail: 08bca41b6579417b39a0e0f642a2020c.jpg

I did a kit bash Rusty in his Red shirt and khakis and one of Skids but sadly those two characters were victims of the Liefeld of it all. Sadly, these boxsets, even if sold at LCS need anchor figures and Cable *is* the X-Force anchor. So if I *have* to have one then I’d prefer the Mastermind/Professor X trick and have it be Cable as Stryfe. Exodus has come back into relevancy so I think that would also help. Sunspot also is a current star of the X-Avengers Realm. I do love the idea of just adding in the pieces to make both a Liefeld and a Cap Warpath. I was hoping we’d get a larger Minimate for him similar to Strong Guy but at this stage of the game, beggars and what not.

6 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Her costume was different as it didn’t have a Tunic or the shoulder pad things. There’s also the case of her hair getting burnt off. 

I agree with you on the deep cuts. It will be really hard to get to my New Mutants Holy Grail: 08bca41b6579417b39a0e0f642a2020c.jpg

I did a kit bash Rusty in his Red shirt and khakis and one of Skids but sadly those two characters were victims of the Liefeld of it all. Sadly, these boxsets, even if sold at LCS need anchor figures and Cable *is* the X-Force anchor. So if I *have* to have one then I’d prefer the Mastermind/Professor X trick and have it be Cable as Stryfe. Exodus has come back into relevancy so I think that would also help. Sunspot also is a current star of the X-Avengers Realm. I do love the idea of just adding in the pieces to make both a Liefeld and a Cap Warpath. I was hoping we’d get a larger Minimate for him similar to Strong Guy but at this stage of the game, beggars and what not.

I actually deleted a sentence in my reply about how I sorely want "Rusty Collins specifically in the Liefeld costume that he never wore in a comic". 

11 minutes ago, AFMcGill said:

I actually deleted a sentence in my reply about how I sorely want "Rusty Collins specifically in the Liefeld costume that he never wore in a comic". 

🥹 You are my self friend.