UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Teams That Would Fit Perfectly In The Current Boxsets

AFMcGill

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I think the Black Knight was pretty perfect, too. And I thought both Shulks were good.

I'd love a new Wasp! And a Namor! Maybe we need an Invaders set, with Namor, Torch, Toro, Cap, Bucky.

And a new version of a WWII Red Skull to cap it off?

I’d love to see a Torch that has parts to not have him burning. My QC Hammond ain’t much to talk about

Edited by Trekker 42

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Yeah ....maybe I was a bit too harsh on the She-Hulks , I never ever got my head around the comic-character & I'm influenced by that.

Black Knight ...spot on :yes:

I especially like the MVC She-Hulk. 
And yeah like… the idea of a Hulk but a woman? Kinda lame. 
But the execution… By God they did wonderful things in the execution. Deadpool before it was cool to do Deadpool. 

I confess that DP was initially, completely ....completely....off of my radar , I came up to speed very quickly though.

Wave 28/H & A version = unsurpassed. Nice later versions but please refer to previous= pattern.

So now I'm thinking "Champions' .......First Black Widow = brilliant ,next 14 not so much = pattern . 

Angel = anything with wings= collectable/desirable

Ghost Rider....don't bother unless we get a bike or a tiger.:yes:

Hercules .....he took on Thor , let's have a minimate that could take on Thor.....any one of 34 of them  & win. 

Not brand echh would be a rubbish idea for a box set:no:

12 hours ago, Shanester said:

I am still oldschool.  Starjammers?

You, sir, know the way to this old collectors heart. 
Assuming Sikorsky & Cr'eee are 'accessories' rather than actual figures, who do you propose for the ramining two slots outside the core 4? 
I know I'd love to see a translucent Binary! 

11 hours ago, Nessex said:

You, sir, know the way to this old collectors heart. 
Assuming Sikorsky & Cr'eee are 'accessories' rather than actual figures, who do you propose for the ramining two slots outside the core 4? 
I know I'd love to see a translucent Binary! 

Well we did just get Lilandra and Corsair, so likely:

Cho'd w Cr'eeee
Hepzibah
Raza Longknife
Binary
Korvus
Marvel Girl/Rachel Summers? (needs an updated figure)

Another suggestion entirely: If we can't get the original Hellions... could we get the New Mutants in their Hellion outfits? Maybe just include some alternate heads and parts for the Hellions? 

Rahne - head and tail for Catseye
Karma - head for Tarot
Magma/Magik - head for Roulette
Thunderbird - head and jetpack for Jetstream
Cypher - head for Empath
Cannonball - head for Empath
throw in an alternate head Bevatron, and a head and buffed up chestpiece for Beef.

and you've got 14 characters in one box set and I'm buying two sets at minumum.

e641993abb90e2d06d478614e28da712.jpg

Edited by Chigarillo

with SDCC avengers recently and now wave 84, i’ve been thinking about going back to the beginnings

how about two sets from X-Men (2000)

first box:

Wolverine

Storm

Cyclops

Jean Grey

Professor X

second box:

Rogue

Sabertooth

Mystique

Toad

Magneto

since it would be five figures per box there could be extra pieces for their civilian clothes, cerebro helmet, hair for magneto, and then a different sculpt with a white streak for rogue’s hair from the end of the movie. 

and if the boxes could be ‘mate versions of the posters/promo art i would buy them up real quick.

Edited by minifigvig
it’s *two* boxes and it could prob go in like the mcu thread ish but i’ll keep it

On 11/24/2022 at 4:49 AM, BuffaloDelorean said:

Other Shi'ar/X-Men characters like Fang Wolverine, Polaris, Eric the Red, or Deathbird could take those last two spots, too.

Frankly - if we got Fang, I'd want a whole set of Imperial Guard figures. LOL

On 11/23/2022 at 10:40 AM, Chigarillo said:

Well we did just get Lilandra and Corsair, so likely:

Cho'd w Cr'eeee
Hepzibah
Raza Longknife
Binary
Korvus
Marvel Girl/Rachel Summers? (needs an updated figure)

Pretty much sums it up.  Cho'd in Minimate form would be cool.

On 11/29/2022 at 4:50 PM, Shanester said:

No Spider-Ham is a travesty.  Forbush man? Hells yes!  I loved the "less serious" comics and the What ifs?.

I've said it for years, far too many Minimates , esp. Marvel ones,  have 'that  too serious'  look .  I'm not saying that that is wrong but it is definitely tedious .  'Tedious' because the only part of a Minimate that is .....or not.....precious/unique is the head & its expression.

When Minimates 'END' then  'heads'   will become very important. 

Far too many Minimates take themselves too seriously

On 12/8/2022 at 2:43 AM, minifigvig said:

the “old friends” box

Logan, Victor Creed, Kestrel, Maverick, Silver Fox, Cyber

YAAASSSSS! I would be all over this. I desperately want a Cyber (he's SUCH 90's trash), but I would also happily take a Shiva and a Professor and make it a 'Weapon X, Lies and Videotape" set.
(although, technically, Shiva was called 'Talos' in that episode. Something to do with censorship?

On 12/8/2022 at 9:55 AM, buttheadsmate said:

I've said it for years, far too many Minimates , esp. Marvel ones,  have 'that  too serious'  look .  I'm not saying that that is wrong but it is definitely tedious .  'Tedious' because the only part of a Minimate that is .....or not.....precious/unique is the head & its expression.

When Minimates 'END' then  'heads'   will become very important. 

Far too many Minimates take themselves too seriously

This is a problem across figures in general, IMHO. Especially with female characters. Although they usually skew towards being entirely too neutral or pleasant, rather than 'serious'. 
I'd love to see more gritted teeth for women, cock-eyed skepticism and riotous laughing on alt head sculpts in general.