UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Teams That Would Fit Perfectly In The Current Boxsets

AFMcGill

These teams aren't current but would yield some interesting characters.

Jean Grey School Students: Kid Gladiator, Kid Omega, Kid Apocalypse, Broo, Doop, Warbird, Wolverine

X Club: Beast, Danger, Dr Nemesis, Kavita Rao, Madison Jefferies, Angel

The X-Babies: dealer's choice

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellfire Club:

Six figures total

4 male bodies: One larger body - two heads one for Leland one for Van Roehm. Three regular sized bodies - heads for Shaw, Wyngarde, Da Costa, Pierce. 

Two female bodies: one in the white outfit, one in the black outfit. Heads for Frost, Tessa, Selene, Jean Grey. 

Encourages multiple purchases to make the whole Hellfire Club. Gets an updated White Queen. 

might be a hard sell with no true anchor, but, if the new packaging is really gorgeous like the Marvel Legends Hellfire Club, I think it would sell.

the hellfire club set is a cool idea that i would get behind. and of course inhumans.

an exiles assortment could throw popular members from different eras together and i would get that too.

since i’m not particularly fond of the astonishing xmen that were already released and i never got them, i would definitely get an updated set if it was offered. throw in new mutants while we’re at it since i never got the box set or magik + warlock either haha

i’m also a big supporter of the gargoyles idea, they could even have the box look like the castle maybe??

We already have Cap from a TRU wave, so finish the team:

51akRLpNlrL.jpg.e21c6142c2ab069d437315ae3e520733.jpg

Annihilation_Conquest_Vol_1_1.webp.fa37afe6ba2099c1878fa9715efeb180.webp

OR

gotg-fb.jpg

Edited by Onyx_6

25 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

We already have Cap from a TRU wave, so finish the team:

51akRLpNlrL.jpg.e21c6142c2ab069d437315ae3e520733.jpg

Annihilation_Conquest_Vol_1_1.webp.fa37afe6ba2099c1878fa9715efeb180.webp

OR

gotg-fb.jpg

I gave much thought to Star-Lord's initial team from Annihilation Conquest because that could really work.

611675-starlord_reference_i.jpg

So, the boxset would be Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, Bug, Mantis and Captain Universe. Deathcry didn't last BUT it's dead easy to also include a Deathcry as a bonus - all you need is the head, then you could remove Mantis' skirt piece for the body.

12 hours ago, WookieFodder said:

These teams aren't current but would yield some interesting characters.
Jean Grey School Students: Kid Gladiator, Kid Omega, Kid Apocalypse, Broo, Doop, Warbird, Wolverine
X Club: Beast, Danger, Dr Nemesis, Kavita Rao, Madison Jefferies, Angel
The X-Babies: dealer's choice

Oooooh - I'd be down for an X Club.... especially if they packed in wings for Danger.

9 hours ago, Freaqualizer said:

Hellfire Club:
Six figures total
4 male bodies: One larger body - two heads one for Leland one for Van Roehm. Three regular sized bodies - heads for Shaw, Wyngarde, Da Costa, Pierce. 
Two female bodies: one in the white outfit, one in the black outfit. Heads for Frost, Tessa, Selene, Jean Grey.
Encourages multiple purchases to make the whole Hellfire Club. Gets an updated White Queen. 
might be a hard sell with no true anchor, but, if the new packaging is really gorgeous like the Marvel Legends Hellfire Club, I think it would sell.

White Queen and Jean Grey are pretty big anchors, surely?
I'm definitely down for more Hellfire club, but i'd want the more colourful versions of the mens outfits. None of this borwn on tan.... Give me fuchsia jackets, green leggings, teal waist coats, etc...

New Warriors is such an obvious one. Outside of Nova and Firestar I don't think any of them have even been made, and Firestar is certainly due for an update. My personal vote will always be for the Squadron Supreme: Hyperion, Nighthawk, Power Princess, Doctor Spectrum, Whizzer, and any number of characters for that 6th spot. I would specifically want the designs from the Mark Gruenwald comic, but I'll take modern ones if need be. Just...not Supreme Power. :no:

Back with ANOTHER team of c-list villains that no-one asked for:

I'm probably breaking the rules a bit here since there have been so many line-ups over the years (many of which included more than 6), but I'd love an Acolytes team pack. 

Almost any line-up would work, but in my mind it would be Exodus, Cortez, Cargill, Unuscione, Javtiz, & Senyaka. 

image.png.8d91459de5cd95e7068f787e87bae3d9.png

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, SignatureChoice said:

Sinister. Six.

The formula would be perfect, but we've certainly had all of the original line-up made as minimates now.
There are some obscure members from later line-ups that this would be a cool way to get tho! If they could include Boomerang, Trapster, Tombstone... etc. with a couple of big name mainstays, I can see this making collectors happy.

that feels like the best of both worlds sir! half updates of heavy hitters (we need a classic electro that's not for silly money DST!) and half filling out the ever impressive roster of minimates....I'm sure we'd both in particular love to finally get Boomerang hehe but yes good stuff Nessex good thinkin 99

Sinister Syndicate would be the way, I may have already suggested this:

1. Boomerang (as noted)

2. Beetle (80s armor)

3. Rhino (armored, 80s)

4. Speed Demon (comic version)

5. "A Spider-Man" because we already have two Hydro-Men

6. Shocker (classic) who was an associate in some of the early stories

How on earth have we, Minimate fans, only been given one JVD Wasp ,one Hercules, one Black Knight & two too many  (rubbish) She-Hulks ?

30 odd Thors & 50 Captain Americas ???  Re-hashes were the curse in the demise of this otherwise magnificent line.

I don't include Namor because IMHO the initial  'Invaders' version was iconic...just one was enough.

I'd love a proper original Swordsman .

Edited by buttheadsmate

Wasp is really an odd one, since of all characters she would seem the most natural for multiple different looks (at least until this modern era when costumes are redesigned every six months). I would most want her black and yellow costume, although that is a super easy quick custom. I agree that the Black Knight is perfect, but Herc and Shulkie could definitely use upgrades. I have said for years that the Avengers vs the Masters of Evil would have made for a perfect theme, especially back in the days of shared sets between TRU and the specialty market. Remember then? We didn't know how good we had it.

Going back to the thread theme, with Carlos Pacheco's untimely passing last week, I am reminded that a set based on his designs from Avengers Forever would be great, and a nice tribute to a fantastic artist.

We got Janet van Wasp in 2008 in an Avengers box set , an homage to 4 original members of the Avengers they were purposely 'dated' .    It kinda worked but the characters looked anachronistic:blink: with other contemporary Marvel 'mates .....but of course that was bound to be the case .  The exception was ,surprisingly, The Wasp , not the skirted version with the dopey hat but the skirtless version sans hat. That version is almost 'there' .  

That Invaders box set (2008) ,again an homage, gave us IMHO that perfect Namor , Imperius Rex .  For the record I think that box set gave us our first non-slip-over masked Cap , great idea that never quite worked .