UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Teams That Would Fit Perfectly In The Current Boxsets


AFMcGill
 Share

Recommended Posts

Okay, one ground rule:  no teams that exceed a single boxset. No weaselling around the limit UNLESS something is already available. No proposed follow-ups or cheeky crossover (i.e. we don't get x in this boxset because he can be in y boxset instead).

In my mind, this is mainly a source to suggest viable teams that work perfectly as a boxset/wave.

Edited by AFMcGill
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Superior Foes of Spider-Man:

Boomerang

Comic Speed Demon

Updated Shocker (I like the Shocker we have, but I know some have asked for an updated version) 

Overdrive

Mach V (since he was Boomerang’s parole officer or what-have-you) 

Spider-Man version for an anchor

Unarticulated Silvermane head on an RC car

We have Beetle, so this would complete the team. 

Edited by Freaqualizer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slingers, Obvs.  But, as a Spider-Man Identity Crisis set.

So it would be the classics - Ricochet, Prodigy, Dusk, and Hornet - with a 'fugitive' Spider-Man and a crazy CEO Norman Osborn OR The Trapster.

Search your hearts, you know it would be awesome.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Chooch said:

I love all of these, but would put the New Warriors and Thunderbolts at the top.

I mean, Fixer is basically Corsair and the mechanical attachments already exist from a bunch of other characters (i.e. Bionic Commando, Iron Man). I can't imagine he would be a challenge to make. And we are in dire need (at least I am) of Meteorite with the Karla Sofen appearing in The Marvels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would love to see a box set to round out the Legion of Doom from DC.

We have Riddler, Lex Luthor, Cheetah, a variation of Brainiac and Bizarro already made from the DC waves.

A box set of six could round out the members: Black Manta, Captain Cold, Giganta, Scarecrow, Toyman and Gorilla Grodd.

I know Solomon Grundy is missing but the box sets only seem to going with six figures.

They could do extra parts to make Scarecrow a member of the Sinestro Corps.  Giganta and Grodd could be 3 inch mates and maybe there could be a mini figure of a smaller Giganta that could be used to help show her growing in size. Could also offer the extra parts to make a variant look for Lex Luthor to appear as he did in the cartoon.

Just a thought as we need more villains in the DC world of Minimates. 

Edited by Captain Paco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another good box set of a team (of sorts) would be the crew of Star Trek Enterprise: Trip Tucker, Hoshi Sato, T'Pol, Travis Mayweather, Malcom Reed and Phlox. We already got Archer in the Legacy line and so this box set would finish off the team.  Could even include the extra parts to make all of them in EV suits from the series as all of them were at one time in an EV suit. And a bonus would be Porthos as a mini figure.  This would be easy as most of the crew use the same uniform just different piping for their division. T'Pol could actually use a design form several other past figures, since she wore basic body suits, the white one could be a recycle of Emma Frost.

Another box set idea would be to finish off the Star Trek The Next Generation Crew: William Riker, Deanna Troi, Geordi LaForge, Worf, Guinan, and Data. We already have Captain Picard. This set could have the parts to make the Series Uniform and the Movie Uniform from First Contact and Nemesis.  Also could include the parts to allow Troi to be made in a dress as she wore in the few few seasons of the show.  Maybe a head swap to allow Troi to be Crusher or Pulaski. Maybe the parts to swap Data for Barclay or O'Brien.

Same would be true for Deep Space Nine as well. We already have Sisko. So a box set would have Kira, Jadzia/Ezri Dax (via head swap maybe extra shorter arms and legs since Ezri was shorter than Jadzia), Bashir, Quark, O'Brien, and Odo. If you do a box set for TNG and include O'Brien, then you could swap him for Kai Winn or Kai Opaka or even Morn. 

Then we have Janeway and Seven of Nine from Voyager, so a box set would finish off that crew as well. Chakotay, Tom Paris, Harry Kim, Tuvok, Neelix and B'Elana Torres. Could include parts to swap and use Torres' body to make a Seska, and then parts to make Torres, Chakotay and Tuvok as members of the Maquis. and a rubber salamander to show the mutated futuristic version of Tom Paris.

Star Trek Strange New Worlds: Pike, Chang-Riley, Sam Kirk, Hemmer, M'Benga and Noonien-Sighn.  That would be a good start to getting the new series launched in the  Minimate Universe. The for Discovery: Burnham, Saru, Stamets, Detmer, Tilly and Linus.  Need more aliens in the Star Trek Minimate Universe.  Then could include parts to make other crew members of Discovery maybe or to make variations of the included characters.

Having the extra parts or such would encourage the collectors and customizers to purchase multiple sets and thus help both Diamond Select and the Minimates realm of collectors. All in My Humble Opinion.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Captain Paco said:

Another good box set of a team (of sorts) would be the crew of Star Trek Enterprise: Trip Tucker, Hoshi Sato, T'Pol, Travis Mayweather, Malcom Reed and Phlox. We already got Archer in the Legacy line and so this box set would finish off the team.  Could even include the extra parts to make all of them in EV suits from the series as all of them were at one time in an EV suit. And a bonus would be Porthos as a mini figure.  This would be easy as most of the crew use the same uniform just different piping for their division. T'Pol could actually use a design form several other past figures, since she wore basic body suits, the white one could be a recycle of Emma Frost.

Another box set idea would be to finish off the Star Trek The Next Generation Crew: William Riker, Deanna Troi, Geordi LaForge, Worf, Guinan, and Data. We already have Captain Picard. This set could have the parts to make the Series Uniform and the Movie Uniform from First Contact and Nemesis.  Also could include the parts to allow Troi to be made in a dress as she wore in the few few seasons of the show.  Maybe a head swap to allow Troi to be Crusher or Pulaski. Maybe the parts to swap Data for Barclay or O'Brien.

Same would be true for Deep Space Nine as well. We already have Sisko. So a box set would have Kira, Jadzia/Ezri Dax (via head swap maybe extra shorter arms and legs since Ezri was shorter than Jadzia), Bashir, Quark, O'Brien, and Odo. If you do a box set for TNG and include O'Brien, then you could swap him for Kai Winn or Kai Opaka or even Morn. 

Then we have Janeway and Seven of Nine from Voyager, so a box set would finish off that crew as well. Chakotay, Tom Paris, Harry Kim, Tuvok, Neelix and B'Elana Torres. Could include parts to swap and use Torres' body to make a Seska, and then parts to make Torres, Chakotay and Tuvok as members of the Maquis. and a rubber salamander to show the mutated futuristic version of Tom Paris.

Star Trek Strange New Worlds: Pike, Chang-Riley, Sam Kirk, Hemmer, M'Benga and Noonien-Sighn.  That would be a good start to getting the new series launched in the  Minimate Universe. The for Discovery: Burnham, Saru, Stamets, Detmer, Tilly and Linus.  Need more aliens in the Star Trek Minimate Universe.  Then could include parts to make other crew members of Discovery maybe or to make variations of the included characters.

Having the extra parts or such would encourage the collectors and customizers to purchase multiple sets and thus help both Diamond Select and the Minimates realm of collectors. All in My Humble Opinion.

 

That would get my attention. 🖖🤓👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Minimike said:

Exiles

Which Exiles team though? I'd love Blink, Mimic, Morph, Nocturne, Sabretooth, and Thunderbird. I know that not all of them were on the team at the same time, but they were some of my favorite characters in the Exiles comics. I'd be ok with replacing Thunderbird with King Hyperion also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Which Exiles team though? I'd love Blink, Mimic, Morph, Nocturne, Sabretooth, and Thunderbird. I know that not all of them were on the team at the same time, but they were some of my favorite characters in the Exiles comics. I'd be ok with replacing Thunderbird with King Hyperion also.

I always like the team of mimic blink nocturne morph thunderbird and mariko

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6pk of The original Midnight Son's.

Ketch Ghost Rider

Blaze

Vengeance 

Morbius 

Blade

For the final figure Dr Strange in his Strange persona or throw in a baddie with Zarathos

If we want throw in a small pack in character then the Darhold Dwarf. 

 

For a 4pk a re-release/update of some oldies with a New Fantastic Four set (especially given there is a current series that takes place after the original story from the 90's)

So

Ketch GR

Spidey

Civies & hat Wolverine/Logan

Joe Fixit Hulk

 

Also while not Marvel another 6pk set idea: Gargoyles

Goliath

Hudson 

Broadway

Brooklyn

Lexington 

Bronx

Edited by HellfireSamurai
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HellfireSamurai said:

 

Also while not Marvel another 6pk set idea: Gargoyles

Goliath

Hudson 

Broadway

Brooklyn

Lexington 

Bronx

I would be all over this. But, make Bronx an unarticulated pack-in and give me Demona

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HellfireSamurai said:

Also while not Marvel another 6pk set idea: Gargoyles

Goliath

Hudson 

Broadway

Brooklyn

Lexington 

Bronx

If @Mnemosis were around any anymore, you'd receive a standing ovation for this suggestion ❤️ 

Edited by Nessex
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, HellfireSamurai said:

For a 4pk a re-release/update of some oldies with a New Fantastic Four set (especially given there is a current series that takes place after the original story from the 90's)

So

Ketch GR

Spidey

Civies & hat Wolverine/Logan

Joe Fixit Hulk

Could include Sharon Ventura who was in that story and remains unmade (and otherwise unlikely) and then either the Skrull woman baddie that brought them together or Sleepwalker (who replaced Ghost Rider in one New FF reunion)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...