UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I like it? Don't plan on BUYING it, of course, but hey, it looks real nice! To each his own, I guess.

Huh, the black Venom Vs Valor Cobra Commander is the main reason I'm looking forward to this set. I may have to find a cape for him though...

Man, then I am definitely going to have to start up a want/have "reply" soon. Maybe I can get some of you variant lovers to trade me a minimate or two for these stinkers. :)

Really? I like it? Don't plan on BUYING it, of course, but hey, it looks real nice! To each his own, I guess.

Huh, the black Venom Vs Valor Cobra Commander is the main reason I'm looking forward to this set. I may have to find a cape for him though...

Man, then I am definitely going to have to start up a want/have "reply" soon. Maybe I can get some of you variant lovers to trade me a minimate or two for these stinkers. :)

I am down with that check my want have list if there is anything you like let me know maybe we can work something out

But man. . .is that Storm Shadow packed in there U-G-L-Y. Both he and dark imposter Cobra Commander are not allowed in public, I'm afraid.

I just found this on toy news international:

046.jpg

FYI: I have that cape

• 2 weeks later...

I found some at my local KMart yesterday. ABOUT FRIGGIN TIME! Well I found Cobra Officer, Red Ninja, Firefly, Shipwreck, and Zartan. I believed I picked up wave 2 until I got home and found out I had actually got wave 3. When did I miss wave 2? I finally find these suckers and I missed a wave! Oh well If not I'll get the rest online.

In case some of you aren't privy to the newest Joe-related news, pre-orders are now being taken from the Big Bad Toy Store for waves 1 and 2 of the 2-packs (with proofs of purchase from 6 of these, you can get an exclusive Doc mail-in figure). Most of wave 1 are brightly comic-colored repaints of existing characters (Duke, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow) with the exception of Hawk (V1), who comes with repaint Scarlett. Wave 2, however, has:

1) Ripper and Torch; and

2) Destro (repaint) and Breaker (with bubble gum)

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/attachment.p...mp;d=1193942052

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...&picture=in

That Breaker. . .is a thing of beauty (holds back tear)

In case some of you aren't privy to the newest Joe-related news, pre-orders are now being taken from the Big Bad Toy Store for waves 1 and 2 of the 2-packs (with proofs of purchase from 6 of these, you can get an exclusive Doc mail-in figure). Most of wave 1 are brightly comic-colored repaints of existing characters (Duke, Snake Eyes, Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow) with the exception of Hawk (V1), who comes with repaint Scarlett. Wave 2, however, has:

1) Ripper and Torch; and

2) Destro (repaint) and Breaker (with bubble gum)

I would like to get a Doc, but I just don't care for these comic version color schemes. I'd like to get a Scarlett, having passed on the Joe 5-pack, but I don't know about that brighter yellow. I may just get the individual one. Destro is a little tempting to swipe the chrome head, and the Breaker is neat with the bubble gum, but I'm just not a fan of the more generic looking Joes like this guy. And I've never liked the Dreadnoks (aside from Zartan). *Sigh*

• 2 weeks later...

OK...I am totally drooling over these! totally takes me back...are these prety easy to find on the pegs? I havent seen any here so I am wondering if they are easy to come by if I should happen to cave into temptation...past a few I already have coming as christmas gifts from a buddy lol

Jeff of the Minis

OK...I am totally drooling over these! totally takes me back...are these prety easy to find on the pegs? I havent seen any here so I am wondering if they are easy to come by if I should happen to cave into temptation...past a few I already have coming as christmas gifts from a buddy lol

Jeff of the Minis

In some places, they are apparently easy to find. Around here. . .not so much. I have yet to see a wave 3 figure in the store. However, Snake Eyes (V2), Storm Shadow (V2), and hooded Cobra Commander are all over the place (these were packed with more than one per case, are not army builders, and were released with more than one wave, which is why they are easy to find).

Here are some pics of the newest announced Joes for pre-order from BBTS: Torpedo, Rock n' Roll, and armor Cobra Commander/CG Fred VII:

http://www.hisstank.com/forum/attachment.p...tid=1701&d=

• 3 weeks later...

I feel kind of bad that, now that I have finally found a lot of Joes in the stores, I've become those people that I hated before. I now have about 6 troopers from wave 2. But I really do like having a legion of nameless, faceless evil-doers. Plus, they are just about the coolest looking things around.

• 3 weeks later...

just got my snow-job, flash, and crimson guard today.............and man, in my honest opinion, these are the 3 best figures i've seen. they are also 3 of my top ten from the original line as well, so It may be an unfair comment on my part. I am actually thinking about buying a handful of snow-jobs, to make an arctic team(maybe some minor paint variations to go with the character), because every head i switch onto him looks great, even zartan, but beachhead looks the best i think so far.

a little back story for ya, me and my brother got our first gi joe's at the same time, i was given grunt, and he got flash, and i remember being a little jerk because flash looked so much cooler, plus the grunt i got was missing his weapon :( (the package had a small opening and it fell out) but now flash is all mine for the first time in 25 years....yaaaay!

I just got Flash and Snow Job and I completely agree that they are at the top of the best looking figures so far. Snow Job was my favorite as a child. They didn't have any Crimson guards when I got there but I am totally buying one when I find it. I am also excited that they announced they are doing the Hiss Tank Driver cause he was one of my favs too. I am so glad they are doing these, I bought an extra red ninja last week just to open it up to play with, they are GREAT!

So I am soooo tempted by these toys! I had most of these when I was a kid but couldnt get on board with the newer Joes. These are a blast right out of my past and I am desperatly trying not to get hooked lol! My son is begging me to open the Joe team boxset I got from my secret santa but I am avoiding it because I am sure once I do I'll be hunting the rest down to go with the snake eyes and storm shadows already open on my shelf!

Jeff of the Minis

Some one left a Crimson Guard on a peg at the story. Out of everything in wave 5 to leave, why would someone leave an army builder? oh well, more for me, right? :D

I had the same experience yesterday. Only figure from wave 5 at the Wal-Mart was the CG, but I was so psyched to get him!

So I am soooo tempted by these toys! I had most of these when I was a kid but couldnt get on board with the newer Joes. These are a blast right out of my past and I am desperatly trying not to get hooked lol! My son is begging me to open the Joe team boxset I got from my secret santa but I am avoiding it because I am sure once I do I'll be hunting the rest down to go with the snake eyes and storm shadows already open on my shelf!

Jeff of the Minis

Beware. Not unlike Minimates and the original Joes, they are incredibly addictive!

God i hate being a kid! I dont have one series completed yet!

I got the cobra box set, and its awesome, except for baroness!

PS: Who do the sais go to?

One goes to the Cobra Trooper. You will notice he has a sheath on his left leg. The other is a spare that I gave to Baroness. Baroness... :woot:

Let me share something with you, D. I am 21 years old. I've been playing with toys my whole life and collecting them for over a decade. I watched some of my favorite lines come and go. Beast Wars, Beast Machines, the Star Wars relaunch, Jurassic Park, Xevoz, GI Joe, Microman, Legos, among countless others. Each one of those I had to pick and choose what I wanted to buy. I relied heavily on Christmas and my birthday, which fall in the same month. My parents philosophy, even when I was 10 was "oh you're too old for toys". So I got 2 gifts a year from my sister whom I could always count on. My parents would buy me the occasional toy in the store, but for the most part I had to rely on my allowance of $1.50 a week. Ironically this taught me to save up to the exact amount I needed and no more. I'm still terrible at saving. I remember mowing the grass for $10 and making my mom take me to walmart right then so I could go get the Transmetal 2 Dinobot that I had just seen. He is the most prized member of my collection for this fact alone.

Even when I had my first job at a lousy pay, I still didn't have the money to get everything I wanted.

Only now, when I am jobless and broke, do I actually have the opportunity to to pick ONE LINE and get it to completion. I haven't even done that with Minimates. I'm guessing this is a one time thing.

So don't feel bad. Even my most sought after possession, a Biker Scout costume, is out of reach for another 5 years or so.

It is a horrible thing to get just what you want right when you want it. It is much more meaningful to work for what you have. I don't know if that helps. I hope it does.