UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

G.I. Joe 25th Anniversary

I finally broke down and bought the cobra set. I was thinking of just getting some of the characters individually from ebay, but i finally found the set and just could not stop my self. Oh man it is sooo cool, I have been reliving my childhood all weekend long. so cool!

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking of flint and cobra officer :)

Ah. They're not too rare, it's just that everyone wants those. Flint for being Flint and the Cobra Officer for troop building. I guess since the bubble head one came out, the demand for Cobra Commander has died down slightly, so now just about the only ones that sit on shelves are Snake Eyes, Storm Shadow and CC. Flint and Cobra Officer go almost immediately after a case goes out.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up Serpentor and Beachhead yesterday but the two Lady Jayes they had both had really bad bent cards with big creases in them. That happened a lot with subsequent boxes of wave 1 that walmart got in after I picked up mine at the very beginnning. Either the people at my walmart aren't incredibly uncareful with these toys or something is happening to them in shipping. So I'll just have to wait and pick up LJ when I find one with a good card.

I picked up Serpentor and Beachhead yesterday but the two Lady Jayes they had both had really bad bent cards with big creases in them. That happened a lot with subsequent boxes of wave 1 that walmart got in after I picked up mine at the very beginnning. Either the people at my walmart aren't incredibly uncareful with these toys or something is happening to them in shipping. So I'll just have to wait and pick up LJ when I find one with a good card.

that is too bad LJ looked like a cool figure. When I went to Wal-mart they had both waves so I think that when wave 3 comes out they hopefully re-release the first 2 waves, because I am really looking for a flint.

could you post some picts of beachhead in action?

I got mine yesterday, minus the Cobra Trooper. Listen, if you find him, PICK HIM UP!!! That guy is a troop builder, and is flying off the shelves faster then water at a chili cook-off. I know I want a few.

I also need a spare Lady Jaye to keep MOSC. Mmmm, Lady Jaye, how you fulfilled my childhood...

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked up Shipwreck, Stalker, Red Ninja, and Zartan........man do I love these figures. Stalker may be perfect, and Shipwreck is just about perfect, except for the fact he has a closed fist...which fits him to a tee, but I just prefer an open hand to hold one of the three guns he came with. After seeing the wave with the Crimson Guard, Snow-Job, and Flash...they may be my 3 favorite ones to date....and don't get me started on how cool the mail-away Doc looks

I hit up 3 targets today and did not find anything! I am really looking for firefly and flint the most. Those guys are sweet! I can't wait for the wave of re-released figures from the box set, although I maybe I should just buy the box set the Gi Joe box set?

I hit up 3 targets today and did not find anything! I am really looking for firefly and flint the most. Those guys are sweet! I can't wait for the wave of re-released figures from the box set, although I maybe I should just buy the box set the Gi Joe box set?

If interested, you can order that box set off Hasbrotoyshop.com right now. There may even be a current coupon code available somewhere. . .

When I last checked, both the Joe & Cobra 5-packs are in stock, and the coupon code is: 25FALL which gets you 25% off AND free shipping! It's an amazing deal!

When I last checked, both the Joe & Cobra 5-packs are in stock, and the coupon code is: 25FALL which gets you 25% off AND free shipping! It's an amazing deal!

Yeah, that code worked beyond the 8th (when it was supposed to stop working), but it didn't seem to work anymore today, which is why I didn't note it.

After hitting up 4 Targets I found the Gi-joe box set. I am pretty busy at work though so I will have to wait until later to have that HUGE gi joe/cobra battle. I also saw the 2nd cobra box set it was cool but I got all the figures, except for the rocket trooper. but they are re-releasing the box sets as individuals (including the rocket trooper). so if you missed out on the box set that will be a great way to catch up. I am still on the look out for flint and maybe firefly.

I managed to snag the new Cobra box set. This thing really is amazing. It's got a front that's almost mirrored with a huge Cobra logo on it. It's stunning. And it's got an awesome theme song.

Crashing through the sky

Come a fearful cry

Cobra!

COBRA!

i saw it at the fifth and final target I went to on Friday! it is cool, and I am a huge cobra fan, but they also had the Gi joe box set so I picked that one up instead. i am not disapointed it is soo cool. I have only opened scarlet but she as been kicking so much butt.

I managed to snag the new Cobra box set. This thing really is amazing. It's got a front that's almost mirrored with a huge Cobra logo on it. It's stunning. And it's got an awesome theme song.

Crashing through the sky

Come a fearful cry

Cobra!

COBRA!

Just got it today, and I've displayed my Cobra crew on top of my TV (can you see the jealous Muppets behind them?) so that they can spread propaganda out to the Springfield masses (and any others foolish enough to enter my living room):

P1010061-1.jpg

But man. . .is that Storm Shadow packed in there U-G-L-Y. Both he and dark imposter Cobra Commander are not allowed in public, I'm afraid.

But man. . .is that Storm Shadow packed in there U-G-L-Y. Both he and dark imposter Cobra Commander are not allowed in public, I'm afraid.

Really? I like it? Don't plan on BUYING it, of course, but hey, it looks real nice! To each his own, I guess.