UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

D&D 80s Cartoon

On 7/4/2022 at 7:35 PM, Mattallica said:

almost 8 1/2 bucks per MM, that's crazy, for example(and not a great one) marvel legends are $25 ish but are about 10 times as much plastic, more tooling, paint apps, packaging etc.

21 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Its funny how some manufacturers are using the current world situation as an excuse to raise their prices to unfair levels while some like McFarlane toys are making it work with only slight increases, and don't play the "increased costs in manufacturing, materials and transportation" line to justify a 100% mark up from a year or so  ago ( we  were paying $8 for a two pack of MM a year or so ago) again other manufacturers are not doubling their prices.

First quote is the one I've been debating this whole time. Maybe I took it too literally?

Second quote is the one that reads as pretty darn accusatory, but I admittedly paraphrased. 

I can only explain the difference between what Walgreens charged THEN vs. what Diamond charges NOW so many times. The price has risen regardless of what price you look at, but if you ignore Walgreens pricing, which is based on high volume and low margins, then MM have gone from about $5 each to about $7.50 each. Not a 100% increase as suggested, but a high one nonetheless. I understand the frustration, but it is not being done lightly -- we want them to be as affordable as possible. 

BUT all the AEW action figures I see are $25. So $30 for four characters plus a chair and table seems like a good deal to me. 

9 hours ago, SCW said:

So are we getting a Warduke?

Not in the first two sets, but if they do well, more are possible. 

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually don’t know squat about d&d.  But warduke has always been a fascinating character.  The neca figure coming out is insane. Indon’t really collect non minmates anymore but neca has pulled me back in with warduke, gargoyles, and the universale ninja turtle monsters

8 hours ago, nandoninny said:

I actually don’t know squat about d&d.  But warduke has always been a fascinating character.  The neca figure coming out is insane. Indon’t really collect non minmates anymore but neca has pulled me back in with warduke, gargoyles, and the universale ninja turtle monsters

This is almost the same for me...I loved the D&D cartoon, and hoped for figures forever ...  I got back in with bigger figs a few years ago when Super 7 started to offer the rest of the thundercats, and even silverhawks which i'm looking forward to..

But even if that didnt happen, i was all in for Gargoyles and Can't wait for Warduke to show up, he looks fantastic!!!

ps, i won't talk about my mezco stuff ?

Edited by Nervous Rex
forgot to add something...

46 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

Sorry, I was thinking of someone else. We are making Warduke. And a villainous animal....

WHOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

alright -- now i'm rightfully PUMPED!!!

now i'm curious who you were confusing him with....... 

Edited by nandoninny

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

Sorry, I was thinking of someone else. We are making Warduke. And a villainous animal....

Okay good.

I was like, how the F you gonna do D&D and don't do pretty much the universally most recognizable toy from the vintage line.

Good stuff! I'm in!

On 7/5/2022 at 7:09 PM, DSTZach said:

First quote is the one I've been debating this whole time. Maybe I took it too literally?

Second quote is the one that reads as pretty darn accusatory, but I admittedly paraphrased. 

I can only explain the difference between what Walgreens charged THEN vs. what Diamond charges NOW so many times. The price has risen regardless of what price you look at, but if you ignore Walgreens pricing, which is based on high volume and low margins, then MM have gone from about $5 each to about $7.50 each. Not a 100% increase as suggested, but a high one nonetheless. I understand the frustration, but it is not being done lightly -- we want them to be as affordable as possible. 

BUT all the AEW action figures I see are $25. So $30 for four characters plus a chair and table seems like a good deal to me. 

Not in the first two sets, but if they do well, more are possible. 

It's an amazing deal and honestly, I'm happy to pay a bit more to keep Minimates coming. We're in a crap state in the world, prices are rising everywhere and with TRU gone in the states, with Walgreens not seeming like the place for toys after all, it is what it is.

14 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Tiamat would be amazing but I don't think it could be done as a minimate. Excited that we are getting Warduke though.

Tiamat would make me salty we never got a Ghidorah but also could be an avenue by which I finally try doing a custom. 

On 7/8/2022 at 1:57 PM, DSTZach said:

Yassss! Warduke! OK, so this line might seriously be in my top 3 lines of minimates, along with GI Joe and Thundercats. And the fact that these and the Joes are new stuff has me feeling like the best is yet to come with minimates!

7 hours ago, Nervous Rex said:

Yassss! Warduke! OK, so this line might seriously be in my top 3 lines of minimates, along with GI Joe and Thundercats. And the fact that these and the Joes are new stuff has me feeling like the best is yet to come with minimates!

Still crossing my fingers for MOTU minimates. I don't know if it is possible with the Mega Construx MOTU figures being out there plus the Eternia minis. Silverhawks is also a big want but I don't think it will ever happen.

Zach is there any chance that you can look into the license to get clarification on what characters you can make? AD&D was only around for about 12 years before they decided to drop "Advanced" from the name. The only notable characters from that era would be from the cartoon. Everything else would just be generic characters like Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, etc. If the license includes D&D characters then there would be a ton of Characters from all the novels for you to pick chose from. There is Drizzt, Lolth, Artemis Entreri, Bruenor Battlehammer, Wulfgar, Cattie-brie, Regis, Obould Many-Arrows, plus just regular orcs, trolls, etc.

4 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Zach is there any chance that you can look into the license to get clarification on what characters you can make? AD&D was only around for about 12 years before they decided to drop "Advanced" from the name. The only notable characters from that era would be from the cartoon. Everything else would just be generic characters like Paladins, Rangers, Wizards, etc. If the license includes D&D characters then there would be a ton of Characters from all the novels for you to pick chose from. There is Drizzt, Lolth, Artemis Entreri, Bruenor Battlehammer, Wulfgar, Cattie-brie, Regis, Obould Many-Arrows, plus just regular orcs, trolls, etc.

Pretty sure we have all D&D, but I would not hold my breath for novel characters. Cartoon, toy line, games... but I guess we'll see. 

I really didn't see this one coming, but I am totally on board.  Its crazy where the prices are going, but thats the world today.  Everything is more than I want to pay.