UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

AEW (All Elite Wrestling) Minimates/Vinimates

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Neat I just went back and looked at it. That would definitely push me over the edge. I still might grab this set even though the only one I have heard of before is Jericho. You would have to go back to the early Rock days to when I actually halfway paid attention to professional wrestling.

For AEW, check out 'The Good, The Bad, The Elite,' a fan made retrospective of their 'main story' for the first couple of years.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 4/22/2023 at 7:41 PM, Strider said:

Neat I just went back and looked at it. That would definitely push me over the edge. I still might grab this set even though the only one I have heard of before is Jericho. You would have to go back to the early Rock days to when I actually halfway paid attention to professional wrestling.

AEW is very much an in-ring promotion (meaning that matches tend to matter more than storylines) and pretty easy to get into IMHO. The main show airs Wednesdays on TBS. Unfortunately, there's not a streaming service as of yet to get caught up, but their YouTube channel has some good highlights. The owner, Tony Khan, is the son of a billionaire and a wrestling nerd so the shows reflect that by having a deep roster of tremendous talents. Honestly I think he collects wrestlers like we collect Minimates. 😄

12 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Me, too! We should be offering either the ring set OR the Series 2 set in late June, I think.

No SDCC con exclusive at this time, but maybe I'll bring some blanks for those who missed them in NYC.

Offering, as in up for order? I was hoping these would be out way earlier than June. Oh, well, already made my own Orange Cassidy, Hangman and Mox in the meanwhile.

On 4/24/2023 at 2:03 PM, hellpop said:

The owner, Tony Khan, is the son of a billionaire and a wrestling nerd so the shows reflect that by having a deep roster of tremendous talents. Honestly I think he collects wrestlers like we collect Minimates. 😄

Tony’s dad is also the owner of the Jaguars.

13 hours ago, Navaan said:

Offering, as in up for order? I was hoping these would be out way earlier than June. Oh, well, already made my own Orange Cassidy, Hangman and Mox in the meanwhile.

Like, in stores before June? Uh-uh, we just showed off the ring in early April, and we need to offer a pre-order first. The ring and Series 2 are both early 2024 at this point. 

Edited by DSTZach

21 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Like, in stores before June? Uh-uh, we just showed off the ring in early April, and we need to offer a pre-order first. The ring and Series 2 are both early 2024 at this point. 

I swore series 2 was advertised for summer 23 with Hangman, Cassidy, Mox and Cole.

Not sure when we said summer, maybe in the Showcase video? We probably should have updated that.

Our pre-orders take six months to turn around. There is no AEW in the June Previews catalog, which goes up for pre-order on May 19. So I don't think we'd see anything until January, unfortunately.

And new license or no, we don't usually offer a new product before the previous one has come out. The Young Bucks 2-pack was kind of an add-on, but I don't think we would have offered Series 2 or the ring until Series 1 came out. Now that Series 1 is out, one of the others should be offered soon, but we also have a ton of other licenses and products jockeying for position, and we don't want to dump too many pre-orders at one time. We usually only offer 10-12. It's a juggling act. (I don't fully agree with the "one at a time" rule, but it is what it is.)

• 2 weeks later...

This is the boxed set that brought me back to Minimates after having sold my whole collection during the pandemic. Wrestling Minimates was always my dream license. Even better that it’s AEW. Good to be back. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 3:56 PM, luke314pi said:

My Diamond rep just let me know that the Young Bucks 2-pack is "on the water" and is expected to arrive on either June 14th or 21st. 

Excellent!

On 6/10/2023 at 9:03 AM, AugieWargo said:

Well, it is "heel" Matt and Nick.  It was almost expected.

They have always been a heel team to me. I never cared for them whether it was them in TNA, ROH, or AEW. I'm just not a fan. I don't like how the Elite came back from their suspension and they are suddenly good guys again either. They act like arrogant jerks naturally and should always be heels.