AEW (All Elite Wrestling) Minimates/Vinimates

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 2/3/2023 at 3:22 PM, DSTZach said:

I am seeing that Series 1 should be in the warehouse by the end of the month. I am excited as well.

New AEW MM solicitation in late March.

Can't wait for these! I am deathly afraid that the first box set is going to be cancelled to pull the Punk figure, so I won't be comfortable until I have it in my hands.

2 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

He's a VERY popular wrestler who got in a real fight with some of the other AEW talent backstage. The other talent have returned, but Punk was injured at the time, so I am hoping they're just waiting for him to be 100%. 

Ahem…allegedly. LoL

Yeah, he’s had a lot of controversy surrounding his career. IMHO, super talented wrestler. But he’s constantly in his own way. 

Edited by Freaqualizer

On 2/28/2023 at 2:21 PM, Freaqualizer said:

Yeah, he’s had a lot of controversy surrounding his career. IMHO, super talented wrestler. But he’s constantly in his own way. 

Is it just part of his story? Making Punk a real world villain makes him the ultimate heel, of sorts.

14 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

Is it just part of his story? Making Punk a real world villain makes him the ultimate heel, of sorts.

I think we can hope that it BECOMES part of his story. It's possible that everyone involved can see that a feud with The Elite based on their real word issues would be a huge, huge program and make everyone a ton of money. It's also possible that no one wants to work together and he just never comes back. 🤷‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...

Series 1 should arrive any day now. 

Series 2 will be offered this summer.

First two-pack (Young Bucks) will arrive this summer. 

Second two-pack will be revealed end of month. 

Deluxe set will be revealed end of month and offered end of next month.

Lots of cool stuff coming. 

I wish I had a sample! Ship date I'm seeing still says late February, but that may be out of the factory. Should arrive soon. 

Reveal of new 2-pack and deluxe set on 4/13. Deluxe set should be solicited late May.

Edited by DSTZach

You know, we called our thing a Fan Expo without really taking into consideration that there IS a Fan Expo convention elsewhere. Ours is just an online thing that incorporates a Showcase of new products, plus some interviews with talent. I THOUGHT it sounded too good to not be taken. 

As far as the AEW Fan Fest goes, I do not think we will be attending. Still no product to sell! It's coming up pretty soon, I think. 

Edited by DSTZach

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 5:31 PM, DSTZach said:

You know, we called our thing a Fan Expo without really taking into consideration that there IS a Fan Expo convention elsewhere. Ours is just an online thing that incorporates a Showcase of new products, plus some interviews with talent. I THOUGHT it sounded too good to not be taken. 

As far as the AEW Fan Fest goes, I do not think we will be attending. Still no product to sell! It's coming up pretty soon, I think. 

No, my fault, I confused it with the Fan Expo. I don't know if they are doing those any more.

I've been to a couple live AEW shows (a Dynamite in Philly and the PPV they did in Newark) and it's a blast. Definitely recommend it to anyone thinking about going. Maybe we should do a MMMV meetup in London for All In in August!

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Series 1 is in the warehouse now. Probably in stores next Wednesday.

Great news. I can't wait to finally get these. It seems that Minimate releases seem to barely even trickle out these days. It's like one new set every month or two.

GI. Joe sets should be coming out more consistently to help get non Minimate collectors to take notice and get interested in them. I think that is probably the second most popular license you guys have, yet we have not seen very much since it was announced that you had the license for them.

10 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

GI. Joe sets should be coming out more consistently to help get non Minimate collectors to take notice and get interested in them. I think that is probably the second most popular license you guys have, yet we have not seen very much since it was announced that you had the license for them.

I am a firm believe in momentum, making a line collectable enough (i.e. having enough releases) to be collected. But it's hard to keep cranking them out when sales are on a downward trend. I think we would do better with less expensive sets, like on a single blister card, but I'm not sure everyone else agrees with me, here or at HQ.

And you'll get two sets next week, I believe! AEW and Power Rangers. Not sure what will be next. D&D, possibly? After that, maybe TMNT Blimp set or the SDCC box set we're doing. 

We're going to start offering more sets soon, so perhaps we'll have more than one per month in the near future.