UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Target Minimate packs

NightViper

The Blue Iceman is definately the best version of him

IMO, Frosted Iceman is the best version.

Thanks for the heads-up, NV! I had a 2-pack lying around that I hadn't even opened yet. I agree that this is the best version of Iceman. And I love these Target repaints! Now if only we had some Target stores in Canada...

You all i need to know something....

Okay since you were talking about the "BLUE" iceman from Target that was with Classic Wolverine 2 pack...

You know the clear iceman that comes in the 2pack with Firestar.... Is there a difference between that Firestar and the other Firestar that comes in the 2pack with the Frosted Variant iceman?!?!?!?!?! Just curious. I'm weird when it comes to the differences. If she had a lego leg or no lego leg compared to the other one i would buy her. lol. But if she's the same exact thing in every structural way then i won't bother with her. I just want to know cuz i'm a nit picky kinda guy and a huge collector. lol.

!Kev!

I'm weird when it comes to the differences. If she had a lego leg or no lego leg compared to the other one i would buy her. lol. But if she's the same exact thing in every structural way then i won't bother with her. I just want to know cuz i'm a nit picky kinda guy and a huge collector. lol.

Oooh your almost like me! Do you collect torso differeneces and minor paint changes too?

Welcome here from me as well. I'm pretty much a newbie myself, but I've answered a couple of your questions on the AA board over the last couple of days.

Jo

I try to collect every release of characters, but I'm not anal enough to collect C3/old style feet variations, O/<> torso peg variations, etc. Generally, it the character looks different, I'll grab it, such as blue Iceman and blue Professor X.

Oh, and yeah, there's only been one Firestar release, and that was alongside both the Frosted and regular clear Iceman variations.

I dont know if its been mentioned already but the paint job on the Dark Pheonix that comes with the Blue suit Prof X is way more red then the original ones orange color....the red one looks way more comic accurate and now has a home on my shelves instead of the extras bin lol....just a little something I noticed when opening my christmas presents :)

Jeff of the Minis

I dont know if its been mentioned already but the paint job on the Dark Pheonix that comes with the Blue suit Prof X is way more red then the original ones orange color....the red one looks way more comic accurate and now has a home on my shelves instead of the extras bin lol....just a little something I noticed when opening my christmas presents :)

Jeff of the Minis

Really? Any chance of a pic?

OK I checked it out while getting the pic set up and it turns out not only is the color red but the facial details are bigger then the originals...which makes the face look really nice....I hope the pic helps and that this isnt just a one shot deal

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/minijeff/105_4480.jpg

Jeff of the Minis

OK I checked it out while getting the pic set up and it turns out not only is the color red but the facial details are bigger then the originals...which makes the face look really nice....I hope the pic helps and that this isnt just a one shot deal

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/minijeff/105_4480.jpg

Jeff of the Minis

I was just digging through my parts bin and checking out my display Dark Phoenix, and there is a slightly darker tint to the red. And the detail around the eyes seems slightly thicker, with the brown on the face being darker as well.

Completists should already have both anyway, since they have different torso pegs and holes in the head as well.

Completists should already have both anyway, since they have different torso pegs and holes in the head as well.

the target one also has the hair made from translucent red plastic painted red whereas my original phoenix has white plastic painted red. makes you think a complete translucent phoenix may be in the works. how sweet would that be!? -M

Tru that :P

I noticed the facial difference right away but never compared the two. I did have a sense that the colors varied anyway, especially considering these were mass produced separate from the past run.