UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unofficial Minimates Release Timeline

http://www.artasylum.com/2013/11/ship-dates-update-6/ Kinda old (it's been close to 4 days) but i couldn't find the thread to post this. Anyway, do yo think these are accurate? I mean the nycc pics said that Ultron and Zombies would ship in December and now they're marked for November. The sets did look ready to ship and were in packaging and while I don't mind having a Fury and Ultron in my hands by early December, it seems too packed for a single month:

Invincible, thief of thieves, Jay and silent bob, thunderbolts,age of ultron, lost in space, thor 2,marvel zombies. And in December series 54 and thundercats ho!. At best, I bet only Thunderbolts,invincible,thief,jay,space and thor will ship in November,while zombies,ultron and ho! will ship in December. I hope 54 hits around February because i'm gonna need a looooot of funds to army build HYDRA Agents.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, we're about to see a few months of no new TRU exclusives. Now that Marvel Wave 17 is out, the only remaining announced TRU Minimate waves are Tomb Raider (US) and Marvel Wave 18.

TOMB RAIDER: Zach's recent comments regarding Tomb Raider seem to indicate early 2014

MARVEL WAVE 18: Marvel 18 will most likely be out in February/March at the earliest as we haven't seen packaged or tray shots yet.

We know that CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER isn't going to be getting a TRU wave.

Things we know that are in the works:

ALIENS: We have good reason to believe that TRU will be carrying an ALIENS line, but nothing formal has been announced yet. I'm hoping we have some in hand before Summer.

PULP FICTION: Will TRU support Pulp Fiction? Zach has mentioned the earliest we might see something from this line is Spring.

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2: Most likely will get a TRU line due to the brand. - Early Summer at the earliest?

Am I missing anything?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I say, it's about time.

And it's not any more random than it's ever been: back when hard dates were posted, there was usually at least a month variance between the first ship date we would see on the blog and the date when product actually hit stores. Remember the routine gripes when the blog got updated? "Whaaaaaaat? Such and such wave got pushed back another two weeks?!?"

I don't think anything has changed with logistics; I think manufacturing processes/delivery timelines have always been a moving target, and this is a concession to that fact. Providing release timeframes by month or season makes a lot more sense to me because it's less likely to disappoint someone who has been marking off days on his calendar since June for that promised November 15 deadline. This gives some leeway for changes in production, orders, shipping, etc. Underpromise, overdeliver.

Also, I think it's been established as a fairly reliable rule of thumb that you can count out six months from the original solicitation date for a good estimate of when you'll see new Minimates.

Edited by Lobsterman

I work in the seasonal consumer products biz and we absolutely, positively have to meet certain dates. If we ship late or early, we get fined. That's the burden of seasonal; you can't push Christmas, Valentine's Day, or other holidays back a day. DST obviously enjoys much broader shipping windows.

I'll stop setting my calendar by Minimates releases now. :(