UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unofficial Minimates Release Timeline

Does anyone have a more recent release-date calendar? Luke??

I'm really curious as to when most of the releases are coming out these next few months. IIRC the Universal Monsters boxsets should be out the week of 10-12 (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Sadly, this is the one thread I hope to see updated more frequently but it rarely is.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a more recent release-date calendar? Luke??

I'm really curious as to when most of the releases are coming out these next few months. IIRC the Universal Monsters boxsets should be out the week of 10-12 (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Sadly, this is the one thread I hope to see updated more frequently but it rarely is.

That is correct. UM box sets and Curse of the Mutants hit 10/12.

Hearing now that Marvel vs. Capcom Series 1 has been pushed back significantly, to December. Hope that frees up some wallets for UM.

Hearing now that Marvel vs. Capcom Series 1 has been pushed back significantly, to December. Hope that frees up some wallets for UM.

Whaaaaaaaaat? :sad:

Even the TRU sets we've seen in package? Aw man, that really bums me out. I've been looking forward to these.

Are Femmes getting pushed, too? Haven't heard anything about them recently...

Edited by Lobsterman

Double Dang! I ordered in bulk online - so this means everything released since about april this year wont arrive till next year now :(

I really hope this doesn't mean we're gonna miss out on seeing the remaining series as hypothesised by some of the other members. I'm really keen for so many things from this series: Mostly MODOK & Dormammu, but also a New She-Hulk, Current Storm, X-23's new feet, Massive Sentinel, SuperSkrull's Mallet Hand, etc . . .

• 4 weeks later...

According to DST/AA, RGB series 2 is scheduled to ship 11/9? According to my CBS's Diamond shipping list for next week or the online American CBS I frequent (that carries minimates), RGB series 2 IS NOT on their lists. :whistling:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Hhhhhhhh..... this release date thing is very frustrating.

I understand that schedules move around, factories have issues, etc. However, it just looks bad when DST makes a point of putting out a release calendar with very precise dates, then whiff on half of those dates when they roll around (it's not just Minimates; the Trek fans are generally rabid over the year-long delays to things).

These ship date updates don't come out every week, which would give the feel of a rolling timeline that's adjusted on the fly; they come out maybe once every four months, so it seems more like a solid, reliable calendar they want us to actually put stock in. If they can't put out dates more often than that, and the dates they do put out usually get pushed, is there any sense in putting it out at all? Or even being so specific with dates, rather than simply saying "December" or "Q1 2012?" Is the calendar really for our consumption (e.g., I'm "planning" to play with MvC wave 1 on Christmas morning) or for the consumption of LCSs who have to budget their preorders (e.g., I'm planning to spend X dollars in the fourth quarter on inventory, will this make the cut) and just happens to dribble out to us?

Like I've said on the TRU.com "preview pack" scenario, I start to question whether it's an honest, out-of-their-control happenstance, or an intentional – and somewhat disingenuous – effort to stir up excitement in hopes of generating more preorders.

The obvious response, and one I've made myself in other situations is, of course, "I'd rather have more information than none at all." I'm not suggesting DST should never tell us anything unless it's 100% guaranteed. I guess I'm just wondering if there's a way to modulate that information so it's not predictably unreliable and ultimately disappointing.

And Zach, if (when) you read this, please know I'm not trying to throw anything in your face personally. I think you're doing a great job keeping the lines of communication open and doing damage control when dates get missed. I understand how frustrating it must be for you when whomever is in charge of this scheduling gives you that information as a marketing tool, only to have that tool slice off your finger and start an electrical fire when you plug it in....

I mean, they always say "estimated" right there in the post. And I think it's nice to have a general idea, since I budget this stuff month to month.

Also I really don't think they can be more reliable, since it's clear after years of these lists that the dates change constantly and right up to the last second, and they've mentioned in Q&As about not really knowing when a factory problem will set things back or when the boats carrying product will actually arrive. Not just a DST thing either, ship dates on the weekly Diamond list change all the time.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New ship dates:

2/29 – Marvel Vs. Capcom Series 2

3/07 – Marvel Series 43

4/25 – Halo Series 4 Box Set

4/25 – Marvel Series 44

4/25 – Marvel Series 45

5/16 – Marvel Series 46

7/11 – Marvel Fear Itself Mighty Box Set

7/11 – Marvel Fear Itself Worthy Box Set

7/11 – Marvel Vs Capcom Series 3

8/15 – Universal Monsters Hunchback Box Set

8/15 – Universal Monsters Mummy Box Set

So, it looks like the first three are still reasonably on track, within a week or so of the last announced dates. I'm kind of surprised at how the next few waves are stacked up instead of spaced out. This hits comic store owners (and us buyers) with gluts of multiple waves and/or box sets at once. I'm sure once the dates get closer, though, they'll shift by a few weeks and spread it out a bit... I'd guess mid-to-late May for wave 45, mid June for wave 46, and early August for MvC3 wave 3. Seems a little early to be forecasting Monsters; as per previous years, I'd guess late September.

• 2 months later...

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2012/05/ship-date-updates-6/

Amazing Spiderman Wave 46 - 5/23

Expendables Boxset 1 - 5/30

Halo Boxset #5 - 7/11

MvsC Wave 3 - 7/11

Fear Itself Boxset#1 - 8/1

Fear Itself Boxset#2 - 8/1

Mummy Boxset - 8/15

Hunchback Boxset - 8/15

Walking Dead Series 1 - 9/1

Munsters Koach - 9/1

Marvel Mininates Wave 47 - 10/3

4 months between marvel waves?? bummer :confused:

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2012/05/ship-date-updates-6/

Amazing Spiderman Wave 46 - 5/23

Expendables Boxset 1 - 5/30

Halo Boxset #5 - 7/11

MvsC Wave 3 - 7/11

Fear Itself Boxset#1 - 8/1

Fear Itself Boxset#2 - 8/1

Mummy Boxset - 8/15

Hunchback Boxset - 8/15

Walking Dead Series 1 - 9/1

Munsters Koach - 9/1

Marvel Mininates Wave 47 - 10/3

4 months between marvel waves?? bummer :confused:

Remember, TRU 13 isn't on this list (June-ish), nor 14. Nor Venom TTA, for some reason (Sept.). And MvC3 is technically a Marvel wave, with MODOK.

Battle Beasts hasn't been solicited yet, so it's not in the system. Probably why Venom isn't on here.

And the Hulk set is sometime next year-ish, right?