UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thursdays Announcement: She-Hulk & Wonder Man

AdyCarter

All this week Diamond Select Toys is revealing the characters in Series 16 of their Marvel Minimates line. Series 16 is composed of Avengers characters and is sure to be a fan favourite! We at the Minimate Multiverse are honored to be able to bring you exclusive images of the last two Minimates in this line!

She-Hulk and Wonder Man!

She-HulkS.jpg WondermanS.jpg

To see incredibly large versions of these images, please click on them.

To see the rest of the Series 16 announcements visit the following sites:

Monday - Diamond Select Toys - Thor

Tuesday - Art Asylum Forum - Bearded Thor & Loki

Wednesday - Raving Toy Maniac - Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch

Thursday - This very post!

Friday - Diamond Select Toys - The entire wave revealed together for the first time!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was about to log off on my computer to go to work, but I decided to check again! Wow! I'm surprise to see Wonderman, but I am glad they finally made She-Hulk. All we need is the variant version of She-Hulk; such as, first appearance She-Hulk and Fantastic Four She-Hulk. I thought we would see Wasp, Vision, Yellowjacket, or Hawkeye. No problem! I can wait for wave 17 for the other Avengers! :starwars:

Haha brilliant. I spotted the Minimate Shulkiverse logo and knew the announcement had been made. I'm amazed Wondie's out before Hawkeye but that just gives us something else to look forward to down the line. Well done DST on making an almost perfect wave of Marvel Minimates. Love Shulkie's accessory too!

Damn. While these two look great, I can't help but feel like this was a missed opportunity. BOTH of these could have had plausible variants (FF She-Hulk and "ionized" purple transluscent Wonderman) if released later. I was really hoping for a "perfect classic" line-up with Hawkeye and/or Vision(granted, Vision could warrant his own "phasing" variant). Oh well, perhaps in a later(although not TOO late...like 17 please) series. I could have even better accepted Wasp/Antman(or Yellowjacket) for that matter. All of these 'mates look fantastic, but I personally could have waited a bit longer for these particular two.

Dang.

Guess it made sense, the week my long post delayed She-Hulk custom mate arrives... is the week the official She-Hulk mate is announced.

Pitty no Hawkeye, but 100% best wave ever for the inclusion of Shulkie :)

Alright! She-Hulk and WM, not bad. Kinda hoping it was Hawkeye & the Viz, but what are you going to do? Wish they hadn't re-used older parts. Kinda liked the fact that both Thors, Loki, Scarlett Witch and (I think) Quicksilver all have newly sculpted parts.

In an Avengers wave, it was pretty much a given that everyone's favorite wasn't going to be made. Those who were slighted this time can take comfort in the fact that there's always summer exclusives, a future wave, or other teams that have featured the characters. Perhaps Hawkeye will pop up in a Thunderbolts wave or a Great Lakes Avengers wave. Vision could arrive in an Avengers Dissassembled wave or a Young Avengers wave (not the same Vision, but still). As for Wasp, Ant-Man, Yellowjacket, etc, I'd rather see them when they can get the size variations that they deserve. But if they were released, there's future Avengers waves, Avengers Dissassembled, Secret Wars, etc.

As far as this line-up is concerned, I'm happy. We finally get Thor, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Shulkie and Loki. My only complaint is that I have to retire three customs as a result.

While I admit this is the best wave to date...part of me really was hoping to see a hawkeye today!

I dig wonder-man and even like she hulk. But DST was knocking the ball out of the park so hard on this series, to see the same "female hair piece" cast in green...makes me a little sad. Hawkeye, maybe someday

Wow! A very nice lineup all around. I'm impressed with the choices, and while I agree with others about the missed variant opportunity (FF She Hulk, Ionic Wonderman), I have a feeling this opportunity will truly not go unexplored at some later time, perhaps in some of the previously foretold box sets. Also, while I long for the time when we have many of the other possible Avengers, I commend DST for an awesome lineup which embodies everything which drew me into mate-collecting in the first place. Nicely done!

Most users ever online was 160 on Today, 08:18 AM

66 User(s) are reading this topic (56 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

hahah that's kinda funny.

I'm pretty excited about this Wave. Everyone looks amazing. However, I'll probably never see these in stores around here, they're nice to look at.

Most users ever online was 160 on Today, 08:18 AM

66 User(s) are reading this topic (56 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

hahah that's kinda funny.

I reset that stat this morning, it used to be 300+ but that was when someone DOS'd us... and I was curious to see how many people came to see the announcement.

I just want to thank the people who didnt spread this around too much yesturday, as this news got leaked early somehow... cheers for not posting it everywhere :P

If reaction to this series is any indication, there will be more Avengers in the future.

And is it really a coincidence that the Marvel line waited until now – a year in which so many JLA characters are being released – to finally offer other Avengers? :whistling:

Awesome! No Spidey or Wolverine variants! Looks like DST has learned their lesson!!!

While I'm no Marvel fan I do know some about these characters (thanks ToyFare) and I think this wave is incredibly cool. The parts reuse doesn’t bother me at all this time, I mean how many times can you sculpt long hair when you already have a great one that will work just as well.