UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2022 DST Exclusives


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, ApexPredator said:

C2096CAD-50C4-4279-96FF-770BDAB8184B.thumb.jpeg.33a8961eb1ecbbb3988846c0d1700765.jpeg

This is EXACTLY what I needed. Marvel Boy, I already have, but fine enough fodder. But that America, the Kate... Wiccan, Hulkling... Ooooh, wee, lessgo!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you glue Kate's extra head to Hulkling's wings, this is basically an 8-pack.

 

... I'm sorry I had to. It's all in good fun.

In all seriousness, I'm excited for these. I really hope these aren't the last Young Avengers we see.

Weren't we supposed to see a TMNT set this weekend?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Swarm198 said:

If you glue Kate's extra head to Hulkling's wings, this is basically an 8-pack.

 

... I'm sorry I had to. It's all in good fun.

In all seriousness, I'm excited for these. I really hope these aren't the last Young Avengers we see.

Weren't we supposed to see a TMNT set this weekend?

I thought TMNT was cancelled way back when the retro line staled cuz then current stuff was clogging? If they're about to bring out the retro stuff, I'll do f***ing flips.

 

I heard there was more of the GI Joes, Dungeons and Dragons (the animated series) and AEW being shown this weekend. AEW has been shown on the floor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice team choice and lineup for the next marvel set.

Would have preferred another new character over Marvel Boy but he’s from the Young Avengers comic at that time and it’s been 13 yrs since the first one so it’s ok.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

30 minutes ago, Prowlar said:

Perhaps a future wave will include Speed, Stature, Patriot, Ms. Marvel, Prodigy, and Iron Lad.

isnt that speed in this set?

Wiccan/speed/kid Loki/Kate bishop/Hulkling/america chavez

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Padrino said:

That's what I thought. Apparently, its Marvel Boy

Speed wears a green suit with white on the sides.

Marvel Boy wears a white suit with green sides.

/rechecks picture up thread to make 100% sure. Marvel Boy.

 

Ok... So what are the odds you could use say a TMNT space helmet on Lucky and make Cosmo?!?!?!

Edited by Chigarillo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

well thats odd why make only one of the maximoff boys?

and who the hell(at Marvel) let the designs of two characters in the same book be so close, white hair with green and white outfits?

Edited by Mattallica
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

well thats odd why make only one of the maximoff boys?

and who the hell(at Marvel) let the designs of two characters in the same book be so close, white hair with green and white outfits?

Marvel Boy was an add on from the Runaways, I think. He had his own series and then became a love interest/foil for Karolina. Somehow he got absorbed into the Young Avengers (I barely remember the storyline but I think it was something about Hulking's royal bloodline).

The way I see it, if I want him to be Speed, then he's Speed, and no one can stop me, dangit!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

Nice!

 

are we expecting any other reveals at SDCC i forget

I had thought there was talk of revealing more GI Joe sets/plans, the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon series minimates, and while there have been some AEW minimates shown, there was talk of plans for some tag team two packs, but nothing about them being shown so may just be a 'there is more coming' but nothing to display/show, yet, so consider AEW minimates checked off, I would guess.

People were also thinking some 'TMNT' four pack was going to be shown.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would have preferred The Patriot and Stature Young Avengers but this is still a good set. I kinda see why they would have gone with this team over the other. All the young avengers have been hinted at through the MCU through either movies or the TV series but Hawkeye and America have been used as the actual characters and the looks are recognisable to ppl that aren't totally up-to speed on the characters.

When I always see new pieces used on Minimates I always think who else could that used for. Hulklings Wings made me think of Gargoyle straight away.

Come on Minimate Gods revisit The Defenders and give us Gargoyle, Hellcat, Astral Dr Strange, Valkyrie (Its time for another one), Son Of Satan, Red Guardian, Clea.

Yes I was a big Classic Defenders fan back in the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, MiniFiend UK said:

I would have preferred The Patriot and Stature Young Avengers but this is still a good set. I kinda see why they would have gone with this team over the other. All the young avengers have been hinted at through the MCU through either movies or the TV series but Hawkeye and America have been used as the actual characters and the looks are recognisable to ppl that aren't totally up-to speed on the characters.

When I always see new pieces used on Minimates I always think who else could that used for. Hulklings Wings made me think of Gargoyle straight away.

Come on Minimate Gods revisit The Defenders and give us Gargoyle, Hellcat, Astral Dr Strange, Valkyrie (Its time for another one), Son Of Satan, Red Guardian, Clea.

Yes I was a big Classic Defenders fan back in the day.

Hellcat is a major yes, but I would love a set of female ass kickers who have never had a minimate, say Aero, Misty Knight, Colleen Wing, White Fox, Elsa Bloodstone and Hellcat. Insta buy, three copies. 

But man, it surprises me just how many Marvel characters still need a figure. Still, this set is a major win, giving us all first times except Marvel Boy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bloody great set. Seeing so many never before released characters as minimates in one line-up gives me a great deal of hope for the future of the line. 
Can't wait to see box art and yay shots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yaknow man you make a good point. There’s only one character in this set (two if you count Loki but I’m not counting Loki) that has been made before. Minimates haven’t had this many previously untouched characters in the main waves since wave 69. Even the FF was remakes. Damn good remakes but still remakes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...