SDCC 2022 DST Exclusives

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Trekker 42 said:

I just didn’t think of What If as particularly mainstream. 

I want to agree with you, but:

1- Major Streaming Event

2- TWO Marvel Legends waves

3- Mystery Mini Funko blind boxes

4- Funko Pops.

Seems pretty mainstream-y to me.  Personally, I'd be way more excited to get a T'challa Star Lord as an exclusive than as a slot in Wave 83.

25 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

it doesnt actually come with a VHS tape if thats what you mean, is that what you mean?

just fancy expensive cardboard that looks like a retro VHS box

I was trying to ascertain if they were doing the 1980s cartoon or the 1990 movie. 

Just decided to try and be clever about how I asked it. 

What If seems pretty likely.  Otherwise I'd guess Hawkeye just because of all the "major" characters it could give us:

1. Clint Hawkeye
  2. Kate Hawkeye
  3. Yelena "Black Widow"
  4. Kingpin in Hawaiian shirt
  5. Maya/Echo
  6. Ran out of steam there earlier than I thought... :). But of course there are several minor villains, henchmen, Swordsman, etc.

But Luck the Pizza dog as the mini fig.

2 hours ago, Mattallica said:

another one ill have to wait and pick up at a discount after it doesn't sell at what $40 or so for  4 figures and some fancy cardboard packaging ?

this is ridiculous! 

The VHS 4-packs are $30. $40 is for the single-carded footlocker sets. It's confusing, I know. 

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

The VHS 4-packs are $30. $40 is for the single-carded footlocker sets. It's confusing, I know. 

right so $7.50 per MM and $10 for cardboard which i remember you saying didnt add much to the price of the sets, 25% seems like a lot to me, thats ok  It's confusing, I know.

Edited by Mattallica

6 hours ago, Mattallica said:

right so $7.50 per MM and $10 for cardboard which i remember you saying didnt add much to the price of the sets, 25% seems like a lot to me, thats ok  It's confusing, I know.

I was referring to the size of a single blister card backer (ML vs. MM) not mattering too much in the grand scheme of things. When you have to cut four cards, individually blister 4 figures, then put them in a cardboard footlocker, it can affect the price. Unfortunately.

On 1/12/2018 at 1:22 PM, buttheadsmate said:

I have a hankering for some single packs , I should however stress that these should only be used for some 'special' Minimates . I could define which 'mates I would consider 'special' & I'm pretty sure other members would have their own opinion of what they consider to be special .  Luke's current customs could be considered as a foray into a hitherto untapped 'single' minimate market & I genuinely wet myself if he decided to package future offerings .

'Shopko' singles were  IMHO magnificent  ( see MMDB,Hail Ivan ) .............. now I'm a packaging completist but even a die-hard opener surely sees the beauty of these things ? 

..............also I'm told that a singly packaged 'mate was available at a recent convention ?:devil:

Oh yeah ......vinimates are singly packed.

My feelings were made in the post above but I realise that many of us are completely divided .....that's the way the world has gone unfortunately on everything .....on the relevance of packaging .

A word of warning to DST , there have been several documented accounts of  'blistered' Minimates where the blisters were shoddily applied...they regularly came off .   If these 'flagship' packaged mates fall into that category then the whole concept will crash in flames .

I'll pass along concerns about blisters. 

What was the last single-packaged non-promo MM -- Alien? I still have one on my shelf, I love that one. Would we count the bat in the bag? I guess so, since it wasn't a freebie.

BTW, we're thinking about doing another promo MM blank for NYCC. I'll make sure to put some aside for the MMMV.

So the 4 Turtles? I mean, I'll probably buy it, but I want more out of lines than the main 4.

Also, whose arm do I gotta twist to get a Rocketeer MM? Just slip it into another multipack. No one will notice! 

I kid. Sort of. 

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I'll pass along concerns about blisters. 

What was the last single-packaged non-promo MM -- Alien? I still have one on my shelf, I love that one. Would we count the bat in the bag? I guess so, since it wasn't a freebie.

BTW, we're thinking about doing another promo MM blank for NYCC. I'll make sure to put some aside for the MMMV.

There was also some Marvel ones, right? For Captain America and Thor movies? I can't remember if they were before or after Alien though.

4 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I was referring to the size of a single blister card backer (ML vs. MM) not mattering too much in the grand scheme of things. When you have to cut four cards, individually blister 4 figures, then put them in a cardboard footlocker, it can affect the price. Unfortunately.

no, no when the avengers hex thing was coming out, people(me) were discussing the price increase and you stated that the fancy cardboard packaging added little to the overall price of the set, that why its a bit odd  that now ( sure its probably more cardboard for the footlocker than the hex) the packaging can add 25% to the price and not because of inflation as that is already accounted for in the $30 for 4 MM