SDCC 2022 DST Exclusives

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, DSTZach said:

While I'm sure there will be plenty to say about this first announcement, the other two may be a little while. Hasbro came back with some VERY late in the game changes, so we had to hold off on announcing them (one was a potential packaging issue, one was a full character replacement). Hopefully they will still make the show, but rest assured they will be offered in some form this year, along with TMNT and the mystery Vinimates. 

Aw that's a bummer. Thanks (as always) for being open with us.

i had most of the 25th anniversary line (which is now 40?!) and the only main non-joe character i don't recall being made was Golobulus (sp?).

i think Nemesis Enforcer was renamed to Enforcer or Nemesis but i wonder if that's what we're missing out on.......

it'd make one of the coolest minimates.  wonder if we can kitbash one....

my minimates have been in storage for over a year due to remodeling the house but i think there's at least one snake base, right?

Edited by nandoninny

I doubt DST would stray too far from the big guns, Snake eyes, Destro, and Cobra commander  and since its been strongly hinted that it was a Cobra, i can see Dst might try to slip by a hooded CC using the basic minimate head as a "safe" hooded version only to have Hasbro catch it at the last minute

I'm pretty sure Zach said that this set didn't have any new characters so it had to have been one that we already have, or will be getting whenever they ship. I'm sure these are just re-releases of  minimates we already have but in cartoon accurate colors. Maybe Zach can let us know what their issue was. Was the color not close enough to the cartoon look? Did they want a different Cobra minimate included other than the one you guys had chosen? I just find it odd that at the last moment they told DST that something needed to be changed,

55 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

i believe Hasbro fears a hooded character too closely evokes groups like the KKK, so its ok to have the character be a "terrorist"leader bent on world domination but not a bigot? IDK

I figured the hood issue was something like that. Add to that CC's name has two hard C sounds. It would be super easy to repaint him and/or make up all kinds of alliterative nick names. Silly reasoning in my opinion but you have to be protective of lucrative brands I guess. And in this day and age there's almost nothing that won't trigger somebody.

It wasn't a Cobra :) 

And it not being a Joe OR a Cobra led to them asking (ultimately, belatedly) us not to include it. A shame, but I'm sure the replacement will be equally cool, whatever it is. And the lost character will be released in another format, I believe. 

My guess is it is based on the first GI Joe Animated Mini-Series from 1983.

Dr. Vandermeer?

RAH_Vandermeer01.jpg

Gladiator Ramar?

RAH_Ramar01.jpg

Salina?

RAH_Selina01.jpg

Not from the first mini-series, but other contenders:

The old blind hermit that found radioactive Snake Eyes? (He recently got a Reaction figure)

maxresdefault.jpg

Fatal Fluffy?

Fatal.png

The Viper?

hqdefault.jpg

in all seriousness though it would have to be someone mainstream enough for Dst  to use up 1 of only four spots in the set, but if not joe or cobra,  Dreadnoks? they arent  technically cobra and there was some flack about Zartans Bio? but who else? Headhunter? not cobra but not mainstream, cobra-la? Billy?

dammit i must know!

Edited by Mattallica

12 hours ago, nandoninny said:

oh damn!  now i'm even more curious.........but awesome!

i wonder if it was one of the 'and knowing is half the battle!' kids.......

That would be awesome... I'd love themed packs like this, or from different episodes, could be cool for the fourth character in each boxset to be some wacky offbeat person who would never be made otherwise.

19 hours ago, Mattallica said:

i believe Hasbro fears a hooded character too closely evokes groups like the KKK, so its ok to have the character be a "terrorist"leader bent on world domination but not a bigot? IDK

What a joke, if this is the reason...

11 hours ago, youbastards said:

My guess is it is based on the first GI Joe Animated Mini-Series from 1983.

The Viper?

hqdefault.jpg

Yes!!! would love the Viper! me and my brother loved this episode and would pretend to be him on the phone all the time, and leave messages as the The Viper, lol!!! an example of a great character from an episode I'd like to see make a 4-pack!