UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TBT's Latest customs...

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well he's done more or less.. he needs a lil bit of tweaking to his decals and a layer of clearcoat but...

Iron Spidey TBT Style*

gs.JPG

This pic shows off the 'gold a bit better than the others.

gs1.JPG

Another front pic

gs2.JPG

The back ( no one said these descriptions would be exciting)

gs3.JPG

A sort of side view, notice the decal wraps all the way round.

gs4.JPG

Back view with 'extra arms' removed, I'm going to also make a back bump thing without the arms so I can display either way. Also I need to go back and straighten out those pointy ends, getting them all neat when they are all wet sucks, I'll wet em one at a time and sort them that way.

Well it's pretty close to what I hoped when I started, thoughts?

T.

*I say TBT style although I started with Base24's designs but i've strayed from those quiet a bit, he still gets a major credit though. Nervous also gets a big thanks as he was my 'printman' on this one and printed out my designs in gold for me.

but why are Wolvie and Spidey doing a David Blane? You could at least give them airholes <G>

cheers,

Tk

If I did that I'd have to make holes for all 250+ minimates I like to think of it as my minimate space zoo :)

T.

p.s. dont ask what happens when they have to go potty :P

Fantastic TBT!

How did you make the hole? Dremmel?

I am jealous now! Are these printed on gold label paper or with some type of gold ink? Tell me, tell me!

Actually drill bit in an electric screwdriver, Dremmels have a nasty habit of running too fast and melting your minimate.

Microdry printer... I actually have one in a closet somewhere but didn't have it setup or any gold ink... So josh came to my rescue... next I'm going to talk him into printing me some Leia with a 'real' gold bikini.

T.

Are you following me around DP? <EG>

cheers,

Tk

EDIT: ZOMG! How could you????? I'm phoning RSPCM. *dials number* Hello I'd like to report Timbo... for being cruel too minimates.

I'm on you like Danny on mini-boobs!

Spectacular! Amazing! Spectacular! Friendly Neighborhood! ...huh? Scratch that last one.

I like your take, Timbo. Glad you got the webs to work for you. I couldn't get them to take any shape but straight out, so I scrapped them in the redesign of mine and sculpted the arms from scratch.

And I wouldn't mind knowing what kind of clear coat everyone loves either.

I couldn't get them to take any shape but straight out, so I scrapped them in the redesign of mine and sculpted the arms from scratch.

I cut a wedge shaped chunk out where I wanted them to bend then crazy glued the 2 sides together to get them to 'bend'. :)

BTW thanks for all the comments guys :)

T.

Hey T, glad they got there safe...hope i didn't steal any thunder by posting my test shot :( ...I have one comment about the clear coat...I have found when using the metallic decals, using a gloss clearcoat(i use krylon) is best, and doesn't take any of the shiny away. Now on all others i prefer the matte finish like the one vash suggested, especially when the mate is painted, it dulls out the paint strokes even that much more(for those who don't airbrush, which i hope to be getting soon myself)

back on topic...the finished spidey looks "amazing" !!!

bring on some gold Leia ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, I'm a great :ironman2: fan, and all your IM customs really made my day. I wish I had your skill(or any customizing skills at all, for that matter).

Thanks... :)

I have another couple planned, mostly Ultimate and HulkBuster, and maybe more...

As for skill, it's just practice, the more you do the better you get.

T.

• 1 month later...

suitsyou.jpg

Yep I'm finally posting my hall of armors..... I promised to do this a while back... but just finished the hulk buster so thought I'd let you see how far I've gotten ( still not happy with a couple of these esp "modern" and there's still about 3-4 more armors I want to do.)

The other reason is I was clearing out and found my C3 stuff so decided to build an actual IM lab....

thehall.jpg

thehall2.jpg

It's built from scratch from 2 sets of Batcaves and a few other C3 sets, yep it's all C3 ( And a lot more stable than the batcave.)

I now oh course have a dilemma do I display them in the Hall or in my Display cases with all the regular figures?

T.