UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TBT's Latest customs...

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A-HAH! You tortured a Darth-Vader lego until he gave up his light-up power! Never thought you were that cruel TBT...

AWESOME job... worth the hard work :)

You'll be glad to know no Darth Vaders were hurt during the making of this toy!

It's actaully made from an xmas tree light and the switch and batteries from a a mini torch...

I'll try and post 'guts out' pix sometime.

T.

Is the xmas tree light a LED light??? B)

• 3 weeks later...

Dude your spiderman is sooooooooooo cool :o

im making one like it but im making a doppleganger of it

u know the bad version of spiderman from the infinity war

AAPJE!

ltr PEANUTPIMP :lol:

• 1 month later...

A work in progress for ya... Based off Base24's Iron Spidey.

ispidey.jpg

The decal apps arent great on this one, but I'm in the process of talking to another member to get some 'gold' decals not the yellowy orange it currently is, to give it that little extra bit of quality. :D

I'm also thinking about adding some of those 'funky ass' arms he has, probably as we've seen before, with repainted webbing, as it looks pretty good and easy to do!

*edit* Also here's links to the 'mod' I made to the AXM wolverine so that at least he looks like he's pulled back his mask rather than making it totally dissapear.

wfront.JPG

wside.JPG

wback.JPG

Thoughts and suggestions always welcome!

T.

sick spiderman TBT. how did you make that mask for wolvie ?

Base24 gets a lot of kudos on this one cos he lent me his AI art as a base... you're going to see lots of changes to what he sent though... I just checked some source/comic art and realised 4 of the legs of the spidey go all the way round the back to the thingy where the 3 extra arms come from... so I'm gonna be changing my artwork... I already have a set of removable 'mechanical arms' but need to paint them up to match the gold decals that I'm getting sorted.

As for the mask... A GSXM mask, a little paint, an exacto knife and a fairly steady hand. It's totally removable and stays in place cos the bits that come round the neck are gripped by the head/torso connection.

T.

I'm digging your take on Iron Spidey. I left mine red and yellow so it would match Iron Man's mini representation, but I think it would look awesome in a dark crimson/gold detail. Along with the change to the legs on his chest, don't forget that the gold cuffs overlap his hands a little and that the gold on his ankles covers the back half of his feet. I'm looking forward to seeing the end result and seeing your take on the extra appendages.

Cool beans! That looks great!

Yeah, the number one problem I had with designing Iron Spidey is that almost every artist had some kind of little tweak to the outfit, whether it be eye shape or logo appendages. I went with what appeared to be the standard at the time with some rough prelim drawings, but it looks like the wrap-around legs is the standard and most used now. Oh well, something to update at some point then.

Good work, he looks great! :D

Cool beans! That looks great!

Yeah, the number one problem I had with designing Iron Spidey is that almost every artist had some kind of little tweak to the outfit, whether it be eye shape or logo appendages. I went with what appeared to be the standard at the time with some rough prelim drawings, but it looks like the wrap-around legs is the standard and most used now. Oh well, something to update at some point then.

Good work, he looks great! :D

Totally agree we could have 2-3 very different looking customs for this one and they'd all be valid.... I think that's the problems with a new suit and so many different artists draw him...

T.

• 1 month later...

Just a couple of quick customs... While I wait on the golden decals to finish Iron Spidey...

Collosus - AXM in the flesh and AXM 'gifted' where he's just in his skivvies!

qccol.JPG

I also have 2 other more complex customs I'm working on but more news when I actually make progress.

T.

Sometimes a quick custom is the best route to take, and those two look great. My only gripe is that you didn't bother to paint the belt around fleshy Colossus. I knew AA was getting lazy, but not you too! :P

I thought about it but one word springs to mind.... consistency... the orginal was that way so decided to keep it the same.

T.