UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ant-Man 60th Anniversary Minimates?

TheMinimateKing30

With 2022 marking the 60th anniversary of not only Spider-Man and the Hulk, but also Ant-Man, I wanted to reach out there and see if there were any other fans of the character who would like to see more 'Mates of members of the Ant-Man family.

Since 1962, we've gotten a huge bevy of costumes and designs for Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne (attributed to the former's mental troubles, and the latter's love for varying fashion designs).

While it can be fair to say that Diamond has successfully covered the majority of Hank Pym's most recognizable costumes (with both his original Ant-Man/Giant-Man costume being done in the Avengers #1 box set, the S.D.C.C. Marvel Zombies version in that 2-pack with Zombie Daredevil, Yellowjacket and Goliath in Wave 32, the Heroes Return Giant-Man costume in Wave 44, and the Marvel Adventures: The Avengers Ant-Man costume in Best Of Wave 3), I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that the majority of those figures are outdated and not up-to-date with Diamond's more recent efforts. 

For the Wasp, even less so, as the only actual, official figure we've ever gotten of Janet van Dyne has been in the Avengers #1 box set. The following Wasp figures (which didn't even happen until the Ant-Man movie was released almost 10 years later) have been based exclusively on the Hope van Dyne version of the character, be it based on her movie and animated designs.

Scott Lang has only had one comic figure from Wave 44. Every other figure of him, to my knowledge, has been based on the movie costumes.

I dunno. I just wanted to reach out and connect with fans of Ant-Man, since he's one of my absolute favorite superheroes in the Marvel pantheon of characters and one of the most underrated as well, and raise awareness to Diamond Select Toys on the potential and viability that they could get off of making figures of Hank Pym, Janet van Dyne, Scott Lang, and the rest of their associated characters, since there are a lot of costume possibilities that exist with that family.

Please, sound off responses below if you also have interest in bringing more attention to the Avengers' iconic size-changers.

16 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Given the third feature film on the horizon in 2023, it wouldn't be a bad time to show Ant-Man et al some comic-based love.

I wouldn't be shocked. Though, this year would be more appropriate, I feel, especially considering that new Ant-Man comic coming out to commemorate his 60th anniversary. There's a LOT to play with there, since Hank Pym has gone through so many identities and costume changes over the years. Same with Janet and her innumerable (albeit basic) costumes.

1 hour ago, AFMcGill said:

The Wasp costume we really need.

Yeah, I'd love to see this happen. 

I thought about a series of just different Ant-Man and Wasp teams in two packs, but this wouldn't work if the direction has shifted to six in a box. 

Scott Lang Ant-Man / Hank Pym Wasp
Hank Pym Yellowjacket / Janet Van Dyne Wasp 
Rita de Mara Yellowjacket / Nadia Pym Wasp  

Something like that, perhaps. 

47 minutes ago, NerdyTrev said:

Yeah, I'd love to see this happen. 

I thought about a series of just different Ant-Man and Wasp teams in two packs, but this wouldn't work if the direction has shifted to six in a box. 

Scott Lang Ant-Man / Hank Pym Wasp
Hank Pym Yellowjacket / Janet Van Dyne Wasp 
Rita de Mara Yellowjacket / Nadia Pym Wasp  

Something like that, perhaps. 

Irredeemable Ant-Man (2006) #1

I honestly just want a really good figure of Hank's original Giant-Man costume. I NEED a decent update for Giant-Man that's NOT the Heroes Return design. I'm talking 1960s, Jack Kirby Giant-Man.

It'd work two-fold, since they can make an original Giant-Man (possibly paired with a Wasp figure of some sort) and re-use the same pieces for a figure of Giant-Man's Avengers Academy redesign from 2010.

IDK, I'm just thinking of ideas. I really just want a good Giant-Man figure at long fucking last.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I've said this in other threads, but I think a Rage of Ultron-styled Wasp would pair magnificently with a 2010 Giant-Man, since the Avengers Academy costume was the one he wore in RoU.

That being said, an actual, real version of the 2000s Wasp costume (the one which the movie versions are based upon) would be the most realistic to expect since it's her most recognizable one, tho I would die for one based/loosely based on her Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated design, unlikely it may be, which is by far and away my favorite depiction of the character.