UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ye Olde Thread of Randomness

AdyCarter

Outside opinion but i think the rules for the contests should be rethought or at least looked into because this is now getting out of hand when it ends up with people using personal insults over what is at the end of the day, basically a toy...

Yeah, the contests are fun and everything but i don't expect them to happen. I appreciate them for what they are, a little bit of fun every now and again on a community board for the things we love, the Minimates...

I know the guys who run the contests go out of their way to bring us good stuff like the random comps for instance but when it reaches a point that people almost expect them to happen then i think maybe it's time to stop. Which is a shame because then everybody loses out and gains nothing...

Just my two cents and i'll shut up now and get my coat :tongue:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I'm pretty much agree with bruticus on this. It's kind of silly that at the end of the day, we have people getting into arguments over who gets the free toy.

I'll admit I love a prize as much as the next guy, but that's not what drives me to come here every day and that definitely doesn't drive me to enter the contests. I enjoy the competition, but at the end of the contest, be it with prize in hand or not, I'm not sitting on my heels waiting for the next one to break. If I need minimates now, well, they aren't that expensive and the availability isn't too bad. TRU, Target, Suncoast, eBay, stuckakid, Zaldiva, AFI, Youbuynow, Amazon...need I go on?

The boys behind the scenes work hard for us here at the Multiverse, setting this place up for us to hang out and act like the complete retards that we all are. When we start bickering over a few freebies that they secured with their hard work and hard earned money, it really cheapens the whole experience.

So, boys and girls, can we be a bit more appreciative for what Ady and the gang do for us and treat this place like the hangout that its supposed to be. Don't hang around waiting for the handouts, and should the contests pop up, let's show a bit more respect for them by taking the time to check it out before rushing our submissions in.

Ady, JL, and whoever else helps out behind the scenes, thanks for your sacrifices to make this place possible. And thanks for the toasters.

So let's all stop this fighting and get back to what's really important: complaining about comic books, movies, TV shows, and video games.

i thought i would add my oppinion on this about the like 40 or more posts thing cause only dedicated members should really deserve things and instead of coming here to get stuff try to be friendly and make some friends. and back to the point i think ady should make a restriction on the randomness topics of like between 30-50 posts or somthin so we dont have people singing up to get prizes.

If the powers that be wish to continue to those types of contests, maybe they should be as they originated.

Sure the Random threads for top 5 posters get a prize are fun, but they seem to be causing a bit of a problem with folks just comming for stuff.

What I thought was much better were they threads saying hey "so-and-so" you were chosen for a random drawing.

They don't have to be done all the time, that can be random as well. but those type of things were as they intended....very unexpected and a very nice surprise to that person who was chosen.

Even though those contests had only one winner and one prize, that to me would be better on the folks who run the contest since some of the contests are prized out of their own pocket, which obviously will get quite pricey for multi-winner contests.

This place is supposed to be for all of us to discuss and enjoy Minimates in all shapes and forms. And contests are definately a nice thing for us to come together and have some fun, but that is what it should remain as - Fun - not a competition just to get freebies.

uumm.....didn't think I was actually going to write that much. sorry

I think what is being overlooked is that ALL contests run so far (except Cylon Elf), have been done so by members out of the kindness of their own heart and pocketbook. The Cylon Elf contest was sponsored by DST and a very nice gesture. To expect these contests is a bad idea as they are not a right of membership.

We just want to have fun, so stay tuned and you will be alerted when the next contest is run.

Playing devil's advocate here, but all contests also have a ending day too. We all know and appreciated the hard work Ady puts into this site(especially with a job, family and other commitments). So it might be easier to just have one of the forum leaders lock the thread down when the date comes up for him. Otherwise you get the folks who only pop in occassionally adding to the thread and at this point, their comments are useless. I honestly like the spontaneity of the contests and the giveaways myself and would hate for us to lose that or any members over it. That's just my thought on the matter.

Yeah, it's really annoying when people keep adding comments after the contest has finished...

I like these random ones. I have no appreciable artistic talent, so customising or designing wallpapers are a little out of my reach, even though those contests are a little more worthy of winners.

So, uh, yeah - gimme a prize ;)

Jo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I love them because of their flexibility, how easy they are to customize, and the lines of figures you can get. I am a huge comic fan, so I am kinda obsessed with the fact that I can get so many of my favorite character. I'v been buying them since the Bruce Lee figures, so ya.

sorry for the double post, but I didn't realize it was over so I'm sorry I posted

I love them because of their flexibility, how easy they are to customize, and the lines of figures you can get. I am a huge comic fan, so I am kinda obsessed with the fact that I can get so many of my favorite character. I'v been buying them since the Bruce Lee figures, so ya.

sorry for the double post, but I didn't realize it was over so I'm sorry I posted

LOL no worries on the post.. It fits the 'Ye thread of Randomness' quiet well as it stands :D

T.