UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ye Olde Thread of Randomness

AdyCarter

Minimate Multiverse Brings You A Random Thread!

Minimates%20q2.jpg
Picture courtesy of MMC

Why the Minimate? Why are you still hooked and can't stop? There is something about these blocky looking figures that I like. They're cute, flexible and have interchangeable parts. Yes some are sexy too. :P They have some of my favorite licenses: Marvel, BSG, DC, and Trek.

So Why the Minimate?

Rules:

Please provide one and only one post in this thread stating your reason for loving this evil addicting plastic crack.

This thread will stay open for a week. Three prize sets will be given out at random.

Prizes

Yes get you some toasters!

Toaster Set 1

1 Downloaded Cylon

1 Cylon Cannon Centurion

2 Cylon Centurions

Toaster Set 2

1 Battle Damaged Cylon

1 Valley of Darkness Cylon

1 Cylon Cannon Centurion

1 Cylon Centurion

Toaster Set 3

1 Battle Damaged Cylon

1 Valley of Darkness Cylon

1 Cylon Cannon Centurion

1 Cylon Centurion

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minimates are the way forward, they arent for melting and they arent for racing... they are there to be played with and enjoyed by all whether your 5 or 55 everyone can enjoy a piece of plastic crack. I like minimates because they are not just a toy but a friend as they can fit in your pocket or almost anywhere and they're designs are just great plus the designs are many and everyone can at least find one they admire and love.

cheers,

Tk

I like minimates...sorry. I LOVE minimates because:

you can change their pieces and make your own hero or in my case super hero rejects which would never be made into characters. E.g- Part wolverine + part iron man = Sharp clawed robot man lol! All ages can use them effectively. from age 1 to 99! (unless you choke on the pieces when you are 1, or 99 for that matter !)

and I LOVE making HUGE!!!! battle scenes (where the goodies always win, and spiderman is always tied up!!)

and because of MMMV ;)

Thanks!

P.S - i thought that winning a toaster was cool!

Mego toys = the best & most diverse line of figures from my childhood.

Minimates are today's Mego toys.

Minimates = the best & most diverse line of figures today.

The variety in the lines is incredible: Marvel, DC, LOTR, Dark Angel, Bruce Lee, CTHD, Rock 'mates, BSG, 3" Trek, etc - it just keeps getting better. Add 24, more 2" Trek, I Robot, etc and I can see myself being very broke this year!

Another thing I really like about 'mates is that they're small. Having 5 kids at home, I don't get a lot of display space. With minimates, I can have a complete collection on one shelf.

I've been able to meet some great folks on the forum here. I've also been able to see Ady eat his hat. If not for minimates, that would have remained an unfulfilled fantasy of mine...

My final reason is the ability to customize minimates and create virtually any character you want. While I'm nowhere near one of the customizing greats found on this forum, even I'm able to put together both some quick customs (Kryptonite Batman from the Superman/Batman comic) and fully painted customs (Hunter Rose Grendel).

Minimates are quite simply my favorite toy on shelves today.

I love minimates because they give up a uniformed look to a variety of different heroes I don't really buy other lines because the figures can wind up looking so different from one another. I also really enjoy the simplistic design, I've always loved simple toys.

I like Minimates because they are easy to put in your pocket due to their size, great fun to fiddle with because of their articulation, and have some great licenses to use. And because of Emma Frost. Obviously.

The others have thoroughly covered my reasons for liking Minimates. I suppose when it comes down to it, I like the simple style of the body, combined with some surprisingly versatile articulation, and how many characters can be (and have been) made. The recent announcements of new licenses are very exciting, and I love that in one figure line, I'll have characters from Marvel, LOTR, 24, and all the others. They're also small and affordable, which fits my space and cost restrictions just fine.

So yeah: small, cheap, versatile, and fun. I suppose I could have saved myself the time and just said that in the first place.

I *heart* minimates because I can have 300+ of them diplayed over my desk and they take up no room, I love them because customising them can be as quick and easy as poping a few limbs off and moving them to another figure - the biggest limits on anyone making their own figures are their imagination, for the many licenses within one body size, for the fact they are unbearable cute and scarily posable for something so small.

But most of all I love minimates because I found what I believe to be the coolest community on the net... yes you guys.

*cue Gweneth Paltrow style tears*

T.

p.s. I have enough cylons for now dont consider me for the draw.

They are minimates, therefore I love them!

I have not been at this as long as many others here, but the love affair has been fast and frenzied. I had of late become disillusioned with many toy lines; those that showed real promise and ingenuity were quickly lost in the sands of time and obscurity. Those which had lasting shelf life seemed unimaginative. Either they were so over-sculpted to be like a statue without movement, or they were so over articulated as to be a ghastly vision of joints -- all function with no form. Minimates were perfect for me because they were simplistic in design, yet expressive in terms of characterization. They possessed lots of articulation given their size, and the ever expanding scope of licensees covered, boggles my mind and harkens back to the time of my childhood when 3 3/4" was the standard scale for most of the great toys - G.I.Joe, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Micronauts, etc. Anyway, the reasons I've given are only a few, and like so many others have already shown, the list goes on and on. I guess if I were to chose a single reason why I love minimates -- my wife doesn't hate them/bar them from crossing the threshold. Can't remember the last time that happened with a toyline. :whistling:

I like Minimates 'cause they fit in my pocket. :lol:

Glomit

I agree with all the others for the same reasons, the small size makes them most desireable for those us that like "getting the whole set" and actually being able able to fit them all in the same space.

They also remind of my childhood days when I had all my megos (still have them), with the diversity of all the characters offered in the same scale figure. They give me that happy feeling of anticipation, and excitement when I see new figures and hear news about new lines, etc.,... and when I get new ones...its like Christmas morning everytime!!!

Now with all the new announcements of upcoming lines :woot: ...I see myself collecting these guys well into my old age!

They are just the best little 2 inch package of happiness around!

Hey Guys!

Here are some reasons why I think that MiniMates are so awesome.

1.They have awesome lines like: Marvel, DC, Street Fighter, BattleStar Galacitca,etc…

2.They have 14 points of articulation.

3.They look Great. :thumbsup:

4.They have nice packaging.

5.They’re small enough to store.

6.They’re fun to play with, just as they are to collect and display. :biggrin:

I've loved Minimates ever since i discovered that you could get a Minimate of Eddie from Iron Maiden (Thanks Danny). I started out with a few Minimates here and there but now i'm overrun with the little buggers, they're everywhere i look and it's kinds like that episode of "Malcolm In The Middle" where Dewey & Hal make the big city out of lego and Dewey uses the playmobil men as his own personal army up until Hal puts a stop to it after noticing Playmobil men everywhere. That's what this place is like, there's just Minimates everywhere on every available flat surface...

So yeah, Minimates rule the roost just because they're so damn cool. So cool in fact that i've written a little song/rap dedicated JUST to Minimates...

Minimates yeah, cos they're number one...

2 inches of plastic and a whole load of fun...

With Spiderman, Wolverine and Venom too...

They're running wild brutha, what you gonna do ?

What you gonna try and do when the Minimania

Runs wild over you ? WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Marvel Minimates got me through some rough times. They were cheap and relatively easy for me to find at Target (at the time). There weren't a whole lot of other toys out that I wanted, so I got Minimates. They were small enough to carry around with me, so I could always have a toy on me. That, and they're just good plain fun! I love everything about them. Except when they break!

Why the addiction to these little guys?

Well let's see....

I guess it all comes down to 3 things:

1. I am a comic fan, Marvel/DC/Indy, whatever...I really enjoy the characters.

2. I used to love Giant size figures, but when I ran out of room after my move these little guys were the best thing to ever come out!

3. When Minimates hit the market, I was heavily into customizing figures.....and these were just the right size and the best type of style to make my own figures.

Well, I guess there is actually a 4th point....they are just plain FUN! :)

I love Minimates because of the wide range of licenses. I mean, where else can you get a Starbuck, Batman, Spider-Man, Frodo and Tony the Tiger in the same style and scale?