UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Why Minimate Multiverse?

Amazing.JL

Why do you come here? Why the Multiverse? I come here just about every day for everything. This is the place I come to as soon as I turn on the first PC I login to. Love to trade, talk to friends, get the news. There is always something exciting and it feels like home. We have diversity and characters. To me this is the place for all things minimate and more. :thumbsup:

So why do you come here? logo45ur.gif

(Yes I’m pretty much bored at work waiting for a tape drive to arrive from IBM, gah! :P )

For a minute I though this thread was asking why this place is called Minimate Multiverse... (interestingly this is the second site in the history of teh internet to have that name)

I second what JL says.

Obviously I come here as this place is also like a second job, only a LOT more enjoyable.

I'll confess my first visit here revolved around a contest (in fact my first post is a contest entry) since then I've really come to enjoy the exchange of creativity and comradery (spelling?) that happens here. This is my first go at taking part in any kind of board or forum and I do love coming here on a daily basis to read new posts and such.

Hats off and many thanks to Ady and the staff for the fine envoirment they've created and maintain here at MMMV!

Like JL this is the first place I look when I have TBT ( as opposed to work) PC time.

Yeah I come for the news & gossip, but also because the place (although not that old) has a been here forever feel to it.

It's like that little cafe (pub to the Brits ;) ) that you go to and they know who you are & what you're going to order, will know your name and generally make you feel like you belong there. I find coming here relaxing.

It's a rare thing to happen on the internet, we're pretty much spam and troll free.... how many 'open' forums do you know that can say that?

T.

You mean we can leave? :P

I've known many of the folks here for several years and I like to keep in touch. This place lets me do that. Also, the karma and spirit of collecting is quite good here.

Plus, where else can you chat with a pimp, a whurlie and the number 80?

A lot of the guys here were the veterans of the old AA boards when I first joined the minimate movement. So, coming to this site feels a lot like just hanging out with friends. They'll all joke around with you, but keep your ego in check. So, basically, I come here for the company.

I'm a carry-over from the old AA boards as well. I am also guilty of stopping by several times a day just to see what's new. Other than GameFaqs (which is about 90% trolls), this is the only message board I frequent and the only one I contribute to.

These guys have been very cool to me over the past few years and I am glad they've let me stick around... :thanks:

Well i started over at the Minimates Central messageboard, didn't post a great deal but it was a great atmosphere with really friendly, helpful people but unfortunately i had to disappear for a while, When i got back on the internet i was like one of the last ones to know about this place but eventually joined up because it was pretty much the same people from the MC messageboard and i thought why not :biggrin:

I'm here for one reason only: to see Webhead's signature line at least once a day. Sigh...

Also to get the latest news on the best toy line out there, have a chat, & do a few trades. The free stuff & contest are icing on the cake.

It's a well-organized, well-managed site, probably one of few that I have come across. It is so easy to speak your mind here.

I love this site. :D

Glomit

I met a lot of the losers here on the old AA board and like to pop in occasionally to remind them how inferior they are to me and to feed my own ego. ;)

Seriously though, I've known a lot of the folks here for several years now (though we've never met in person) and I really feel like we've got a great group of people in our little virtual family. This is definitely my favorite internet forum, and even if I were to quit collecting minimates altogether, I would still come here just to keep up with everyone.

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :wub:

There are less Star Trek geeks on here (no offense Trekkies lol).

Offence? Who's taking offence .........gnash! gnash! :whistling::yucky:

Seriously, I know this guy Ady who I used to enjoy giving grief to over at AA. When he set up this site, I stalked him down and he let me stay....'cos he loves the grief really! :biggrin: (Sometimes I go to his home town and stake out his favourite haunts! :teehee: Is your office still next to the station Adeeeeeeeeeeee?? :thumbsup: )

In any case, where else has anyone ever designed a concept minimate for me? And where else can you witness the smoothness **cough** that is TBT? :excl:

Anyway, Ady now has the cool dancing banana! :banana:

In any case, where else has anyone ever designed a concept minimate for me? And where else can you witness the smoothness **cough** that is TBT? :excl:

I can go one better, I designed a concept minimate of you <G>

I like the MMV forum because not only is it a place to get know your better man and woman, its also a place where like minded people get together and have fun. I keep coming back at all times through the day to see whats on offer on this day and who has the local gossip on some of the more interesting films or something that gets my attention the same could be said for the OLD AA board, all though as of late like Jules I cancelled my AA account as they're full of empty promises and why bother going there when I can get a faster scoop from other reliable sources such as here.

cheers,

Tk

I discovered the AA forums through Minimates Central, which was the first Minimate site I frequented online. I lurked on the AA forums for about six months before I joined and I followed the community through it's numerous moves and now I find myself here. This community was the first in which I became a member and is still the only forum in which I actively participate. Ady, the staff, the friends I've made, and even the newcomers alike make this place something special. There's something about Minimate collectors and enthusiasts maybe, I don't know. This place certainly has a "je ne sais quois" quality about it.

• 3 weeks later...

I come for the news that I can use. This is where I always find out when the mates are arriving. This way I can always show up at my LCS and buy the first packs of new mates. Also since I don’t know of anyone collects minimates I can talk to others who share my similar interests.