HaoMate

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, minifigvig said:

i’m already liking the waves being released as a box set a lot, this year we’ll get a whole new team to add to the avengers and a new look for a classic team so i’m eager to see what else is on the way.

i’m still hoping for the animated x-men and maybe a hulk set with lots of villains, but i know 84 has already been teased so i’ll try to be patient!

Did they tell us what 84 was?

8 hours ago, Navaan said:

Did they tell us what 84 was?

just that it’s got three heroes and 3 villains + accessories for some additional costumes/characters

and that it’s not avengers or ant-man related

so i really don’t have a guess but it sounds promising

47 minutes ago, Chooch said:

New Warriors are street level if you want to keep that theme going. :)

I guess Night Thrasher is Street Level, and maybe Speedball and Rage, but Nova and Namorita? Firestar and Justice? I consider them above street level, making the team a BIT of a mixed bag. Namorita is at least sea-level. :D

That said, I have pushed for them in the recent past. 

But Series 84 is not a team, it's a loose affiliation of three heroes and three villains. Three all-new characters, four if you count an alternate look for one of the heroes. 

Street level makes think modern Shang Chi and suit and tie Mandarin due to recency bias with the movie?

How diffucult would Khonshu be to make as an alternate attire to a modern Moon Knight?

Am I recalling wrong that Zach mentioned a Grey Gargoyle mate at some point recently?

And because I've always wanted him... Whirlwind.

Throw modern Elektra and a Spidey variation in there and call it a day?

his movie wasn’t so street-level but the character shang chi has yet to be done so he could be considered “new”? other than that i’m coming up short

edit: chigarillo beat me to it

Edited by minifigvig

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I guess Night Thrasher is Street Level, and maybe Speedball and Rage, but Nova and Namorita? Firestar and Justice? I consider them above street level, making the team a BIT of a mixed bag. Namorita is at least sea-level. :D

That said, I have pushed for them in the recent past. 

But Series 84 is not a team, it's a loose affiliation of three heroes and three villains. Three all-new characters, four if you count an alternate look for one of the heroes. 

I appreciate Namorita being name dropped, and we need her but FFS PLEASE give me the Chymera/Civil War era blue skin white or blonde hair Nita. It was SUCH a cool look.

Street level? I've wanted an updated version of yellow costume Daredevil JUST to make a D-Man since I started collecting.

Classic Power Man and Iron Fist would be great.

BUT, it doesn't seem that long ago that we had a street-level wave with versions of Daredevil, Power Man and Iron Fist...

3 minutes ago, AFMcGill said:

Classic Power Man and Iron Fist would be great.

BUT, it doesn't seem that long ago that we had a street-level wave with versions of Daredevil, Power Man and Iron Fist...

I was thinking the same, sadly. Shang-Chi feels "now" enough to be a possibility, compounded by the fact that we didn't get any movie product. I'm just not sure to which other street characters he'd be loosely associated.