• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...

I've been championing more Ant-Man related Minimates for a while now. With the third Ant-Man movie on the heels of release, would it be too far out of the realm of possibility to do a wave based on the history of Ant-Man and the Wasp? I can even name some prospective figures for a whole wave, or even a 6-pack box set if that's the route you guys decide to go in;

Classic Ant-Man and Classic Wasp

• Comes with accessories to turn Hank Pym from a generic scientist attire to his original Ant-Man uniform, as well as Giant-Man (complete with new helmet molds for the classic Giant-Man mask, and that second costume he got with the blue helmet). I also had an idea that a Micromate Ant-Man would be included here as well.
  • Wasp would also have accessories to make her into civilian Janet van Dyne, as well as give her her original Wasp costume from her debut in Tales to Astonish #44, and her second Wasp costume towards the end of Hank and Jan's first stint with the Avengers. A possible other alternate accessory would be a flight stand. Micromate Wasp would be another one.

Yellowjacket and Marvel's Egghead

• Yellowjacket would come with accessories that, like with Classic Ant-Man, can turn him into Hank Pym with a lab coat, as well as an alternate head to depict his mental breakdown. Other accessories would include Yellowjacket's shrinking gun (I suggest using Doctor Doom's handgun from the Marvel vs. Capcom 3 assortment), and a Yellowjacket Micromate.
  • Egghead would be, probably the most simplistic of the wave, only coming with accessories to put him into a lab coat or a suit appearance, and a handgun.

Uncanny Wasp and Marvel's Whirlwind

• Wasp's design would be based on that modernized version of her classic costume from Uncanny Avengers and Avengers: Rage of Ultron. Accessories would include an alternate hairpiece for Janet van Dyne, a flight stand, and a Wasp Micromate.
  • Whirlwind would be based on the classic design from Tales to Astonish. Accessories would include an alternate hairpiece for David Cannon and that whirl stand that's come with recent figures of Electro and the Human Torch to replicate the character's tornadic abilities.

Modern Giant-Man and Unstoppable Wasp

• Modern Giant-Man would, more or less, be a reskin of the Giant-Man included in the Classic Ant-Man and Wasp pack mentioned earlier with a paintjob representing the costume he received in Avengers Academy in 2010. Accessories would include an alternate hairpiece for Hank Pym and lab coat accessories.
  • Unstoppable Wasp would come with an alternate hairpiece for Nadia Pym, a flightstand, and possibly even a clipboard of some experiment she'd been working on. A Wasp Micromate, too.

IDK, these are just my thoughts and ideas for breathing new life into the line. We'd get updated renditions of figures like the original Ant-Man and Wasp, which we haven't gotten figures of since the Avengers #1 box set from 2008, as well as fan-favorites like Egghead, Whirlwind, and Nadia Pym's Wasp. Sure, it might be a bit too focused on underrated characters, but... how many times can Iron Man and Captain America be pumped out before it's time for D.S.T. to move on to the other iconic members of the Avengers, right?

20 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Hopefully classic fans dig some of the characters in Wave 84, but it's gonna be a mix of old designs, new character designs and a couple of new characters. Not Avengers. Not Ant-Man. 

Series 83 goes up for pre-order Sept. 16.

17 hours ago, DSTZach said:

In 84? Yes, three. Three heroes. One hero comes with parts to be a different hero. One hero comes with parts for an alternate costume. Three new characters, four if you count the alternate hero.

-mix of old and new designs
-mix of new character designs and new characters
-3 villains, 3 heroes (1 alternate costume, 1 alternate hero)
-three new characters, 3 old characters

Makes me think House of X with the new characters being: Synch, Scalphunter/Greycrow? Magneto 
Old characters being Professor X, Kate Pryde (Marauders/ alternate classic outfit), Sinister?

• 2 weeks later...

i’m already liking the waves being released as a box set a lot, this year we’ll get a whole new team to add to the avengers and a new look for a classic team so i’m eager to see what else is on the way.

i’m still hoping for the animated x-men and maybe a hulk set with lots of villains, but i know 84 has already been teased so i’ll try to be patient!