UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 83

HaoMate

3 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

I never read any of the Young Avengers books. They just didn't interest me. Then again, most Marvel comics don't interest me. If you told me 15 years ago that I would no longer enjoy any of the X-Men comics I would have called you a liar. Unfortunately it has come true. The only Marvel comic that I am currently enjoying is Moon Knight. The Devils Reign event is pretty good too. The Necrosha story line is the last X-Men story I enjoyed. The stories just aren't fun anymore, Thankfully the Spawn comics have been great so far. I'm really enjoying Gunslinger after not really liking him when he was first introduced.

I really can't say you'll enjoy it because I don't know you, but it was a fantastic run if you ask me. It was only 12 solid issues. 

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly, I really just want more classic Avengers.

I've been championing it for a few months now; can we please have new 'Mates of Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne? I'll legit take anything at this point for those 2 characters. They've gotten next-to-no love in the realm of Marvel Minimates aside from the MCU stuff, and even with the MCU stuff, there's no figure of Janet herself.

Please, Diamond. Pull together and give us new 'Mates of Giant-Man and Wasp.

3 hours ago, TheMinimateKing30 said:

I've been championing it for a few months now; can we please have new 'Mates of Hank Pym and Janet van Dyne? I'll legit take anything at this point for those 2 characters. They've gotten next-to-no love in the realm of Marvel Minimates aside from the MCU stuff, and even with the MCU stuff, there's no figure of Janet herself.

You must have missed this Wasp from the Avengers box set. I am still waiting for them to make a Wasp in her black and gold outfit. I think that was her best look. Hail Ivan!

wasp.jpg

On 2/24/2022 at 8:15 AM, TheMinimateKing30 said:

Oooh, I will 2nd this, I am a huge fan of the classic Avengers, heck, the classic avengers box set was my first ever minimates and it was what got me into this line!

On 2/23/2022 at 11:03 PM, THE_CRIPPLER said:

You must have missed this Wasp from the Avengers box set. I am still waiting for them to make a Wasp in her black and gold outfit. I think that was her best look. Hail Ivan!

wasp.jpg

Oh, no, I have the original Wasp from 2008, but that's the issue. From 2008. It's the only actual Minimate of Janet van Dyne we've ever gotten. Every successive Wasp figure that's come out (which only happened, like, 10 years later) was based on Hope van Dyne, be it the movie version or the animated version.

I know of several Classic comic Avengers costumes that a new Minimate Wasp could have & yeah I'd welcome one or two of them. There's always a BUT with BHM & I'd also welcome something bttter than the simply awful torso attachment (for the wings) that nigh on all winged Minimates use.  The Wasp character was always a sleek, lithe character & TBQH I don't want a version that makes her look like a flying tub of lard.

I have a vested interest in wanting a modified Wasp because of my wish for a classic Adaptoid .

53 minutes ago, buttheadsmate said:

I know of several Classic comic Avengers costumes that a new Minimate Wasp could have & yeah I'd welcome one or two of them. There's always a BUT with BHM & I'd also welcome something bttter than the simply awful torso attachment (for the wings) that nigh on all winged Minimates use.  The Wasp character was always a sleek, lithe character & TBQH I don't want a version that makes her look like a flying tub of lard.

I have a vested interest in wanting a modified Wasp because of my wish for a classic Adaptoid .

I dunno if you saw Black Widow but I believe they’re calling the Adaptoid “Taskmaster” now. 

On 2/26/2022 at 4:42 AM, buttheadsmate said:

I'm sorta mixed, personally. Other than her 2000s costume (the all-black one with the yellow pattern on the chest/stomach), which is her most recognizable look, and her Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated design (which has as much chance of getting a figure as Mercury has to getting a snowstorm), I think that the majority of Wasp's costumes have been... generic. And pretty ugly, if I'm being honest. Most of them are either just basic costumes that consist of 1 or 2 colors each or are... forgettable. The only one of her costumes that really stands out to me after her original 1960s costumes from Tales to Astonish and The Avengers is her yellow and red costume, which she wore, IIRC, up until the 1980s Avengers comics.

I'll be honest, though; I think making a figure of her Uncanny Avengers costume (which is directly based on her original costume from 1963) would be pretty awesome, since you can have a classic-looking Wasp to fill out your more regular/default suit lineup of characters while also having something that would fit snuggly in with the more modern-looking characters.

12 hours ago, TheMinimateKing30 said:

Other than her 2000s costume (the all-black one with the yellow pattern on the chest/stomach), which is her most recognizable look

This is *THE* costume I've been waiting on for Wasp. If it's the only other comic Wasp figure we ever got, I'd be content. 

22 hours ago, elhonez said:

This would be the Wasp I'd want. I customized one, but I'd really like to see a standard release:

Wasp2.jpg.7abacee197a3948ca716850a7ececb

4421719100_06d428a199_o.jpg

What parts have you used on the left? Those are New Mutants gloves and boots and parts of the Wasp we have. The chest is Firestar, right? I have spares of all those parts but I can't place the arms or legs. The other one is accurate too but it doesn't make it any less garish a costume.

On 3/1/2022 at 8:11 AM, AFMcGill said:

What parts have you used on the left? Those are New Mutants gloves and boots and parts of the Wasp we have. The chest is Firestar, right? I have spares of all those parts but I can't place the arms or legs. The other one is accurate too but it doesn't make it any less garish a costume.

You nailed it. For the red arms and legs, I am forgetting -- I could have used any red figures, like MK Daredevil for ex. I think I used a SA Angel torso bracket for the wings, to match Firestar's yellow torso.

On the right, it's parts of Jewel, plus maybe blond Archangel's wing bracket (?), and Martian Manhunter's blue boot cuffs and feet. I was going to say the wrist cuffs were from Booster Gold, but they look darker than that, so I'm not sure. 

2 hours ago, elhonez said:

You nailed it. For the red arms and legs, I am forgetting -- I could have used any red figures, like MK Daredevil for ex. I think I used a SA Angel torso bracket for the wings, to match Firestar's yellow torso.

On the right, it's parts of Jewel, plus maybe blond Archangel's wing bracket (?), and Martian Manhunter's blue boot cuffs and feet. I was going to say the wrist cuffs were from Booster Gold, but they look darker than that, so I'm not sure. 

C3 Nightwing maybe?

Edited by Trekker 42

On 3/7/2022 at 1:32 AM, Trekker 42 said:

C3 Nightwing maybe?

Yeah! That's gotta be the source.

20 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Here is my Wasp custom from about 12 years ago or so.

Wasp.webp

So great -- I love that you applied the yellow detail to the hands.

• 3 months later...