UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 83

HaoMate

Now that the box set for 82 has been revealed, is it a good time now to finally start a thread for 83?! Have not been teased for any new mates now, so I am pretty excited. Since box sets are the way moving forward, can we be positive that we will see more complete teams? Seeing how young avengers are being more prominent and are building up in MCU, do you think 83 could be Young Avengers? ?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm super psyched to learn more about 83 and beyond. Zach, are you able to comment on 83? Some questions:

• Will "83" appear anywhere on the packaging?
  • When will this set be revealed?
  • When will it be solicited?
  • Will it be themed?
  • Are you able to offer any hints?

1 minute ago, Heinous said:

If we keep mentioning Young Avengers, it has to happen right? 

Young avengers. 

Kate, Hulkling, Iron Lad, Stature, patriot and Wiccan. 

Young avengers. 

Thats right!!! Loving your Kate Bishop custom on insta btw! Since Zach mentioned the theme has not been decided yet, I shall chant Young Avengers with you till it comes ?

Young Avengers! Young Avengers!! YOUNG AVENGERS!!!

Young Avengers would be awesome. And it feels like a real possibility for an upcoming wave, given then number of characters we've seen popping up in the MCU.

Unfortunately, I feel like the ABC series has absolutely buried any hope of the Inhumans merch until Marvey/Disney decides to have another go at them. 

My wants and I think they are more viable in the boxset form.

New Warriors (Night Thrasher, Marvel Boy Speedball, Firestar, Kid Nova, Namorita).

Thunderbolts (Citizen V, Songbird, Techno, Meteorite, Atlas, MACH-I).

Infinity Gauntlet (Thanos, Drax, Nebula, Death, Starfox, Pip the Troll).

And there is probably enough left-over X-Force stuff for a boxset. Capullo Sunspot, Liefeld Warpath (who mostly stayed the same with Capullo), Liefeld Boom-Boom, Stryfe. Maybe Caliban. I won't even be presumptuous enough to say what I really want which is Rusty Collins and Skids.

You know, with Kate Bishop showing up in Hawkeye, Billy and Tommy in Wandavision, Eli in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, and Cass being aged up in Ant Man; clearly the stage is being set for a big Young Avengers push on the big screen.

So you know, therefore, we should have their comic versions first.  I'm all in for a Young Avengers box set with any combination of costumes I can get.

That said, I feel like the money's gonna be on a HOX-POX X-Men wave.

I will personally guarantee that Wave 83 will be none of the following:

Martial Artists!

Iron Fist, Shang-Chi, Shroud, Mantis, Death-Dealer (comic), Razorfist

Masters of Evil!

Whirlwind, Moonstone (80s), Mr. Hyde, Tiger Shark, Fixer, Goliath

Sinister Syndicate!

[A Spider-Man], Rhino (armored), Beetle (80s), Shocker (classic), Boomerang, Speed Demon (comic)

Thor!

[A Thor], Ulik, Destroyer (comic), Warriors Three

Iron Man!

[An Iron Man], Blizzard (first app), Crimson Dynamo (late 70s), Mandarin (OHOTMU version), Firebrand, Blacklash

Serpent Society!

[A Captain America], Sidewinder, Bushmaster, Diamondback, Black Mamba, Death Adder

Supernatural!

Brother Voodoo, Dracula, Morgan Le Fay, Satana, Son of Satan, Black Talon

I love these lists, and I would be happy with any of them. I would also love to see:

Infinity War (This set assumes we get AFMcGill's excellent Infinity Gauntlet suggestion above)

Thanos, Adam Warlock, The Magus, Quasar, Gamora (classic costume), Doppelganger Iron Man

Wrecking Crew

Battle damaged classic Thor, Bulldozer, Piledriver, Thunderball, Wrecker, Titania

1 hour ago, Trekker 42 said:

Given that the Guardians of the Galaxy are big enough on their own, I’d drop the Doppelgänger Iron Man in Luke’s above set for either classic Nebula or Drax. But either way I’d buy the hell out of that set. 

True - and actually you could easily have 2 versions of Drax in the Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War box sets - the slightly smaller, smarter Drax in the former, and the Hulk-sized dumber Drax in the latter. ?

9 hours ago, elhonez said:

I will personally guarantee that Wave 83 will be none of the following:

Martial Artists!

Iron Fist, Shang-Chi, Shroud, Mantis, Death-Dealer (comic), Razorfist

Masters of Evil!

Whirlwind, Moonstone (80s), Mr. Hyde, Tiger Shark, Fixer, Goliath

Sinister Syndicate!

[A Spider-Man], Rhino (armored), Beetle (80s), Shocker (classic), Boomerang, Speed Demon (comic)

Thor!

[A Thor], Ulik, Destroyer (comic), Warriors Three

Iron Man!

[An Iron Man], Blizzard (first app), Crimson Dynamo (late 70s), Mandarin (OHOTMU version), Firebrand, Blacklash

Serpent Society!

[A Captain America], Sidewinder, Bushmaster, Diamondback, Black Mamba, Death Adder

Supernatural!

Brother Voodoo, Dracula, Morgan Le Fay, Satana, Son of Satan, Black Talon

What about this one?:

Avengers 90s

Captain America

Black Widow (grey suit)

Vision (white version)

Sersi

Crystal

Hercules

15 hours ago, luke314pi said:

True - and actually you could easily have 2 versions of Drax in the Infinity Gauntlet and Infinity War box sets - the slightly smaller, smarter Drax in the former, and the Hulk-sized dumber Drax in the latter. ?

Well, I'd say an Infinity Gauntlet boxset could put most the tooling into Drax to allow both. Failing that, the original Infinity Gauntlet boxset has a non-bulked up Drax that could fill that niche.

One of my objectives with Minimates has been to recreate the big battle scene in Infinity Gauntlet 4. We have an amazing amount of the stuff needed, there's just some holes or costume specific ones and there was that old boxset which I want to see that improved on; there were two figures from that which were sorely lacking and then there are some other key characters who nearly all have some cache now that they've been in or briefly in movies.

Thanos would be bulked up ala every Thanos since the original Infinity Gauntlet boxset and he would also come with a gauntlet-less glove so to have a regular Thanos - something the boxset shockingly didn't. It came with a bare hand but no regular hand.

Drax would be bulked up Hulk style which the boxset did not reflect, possibly with print underneath to remove pieces to have the more regular-sized Drax from pre-Infinity Gauntlet. 

Death would have two heads - skullface and woman - or maybe one head with the other on the reverse since a hood would be obscuring the back. Like Rachel Summers or the Secret Invasion skrulls. Maybe two sets of hands - skeleton and human - though just skeleton would be ok as most people will already have a spare set of hands to give her. 

Nebula would have hair and also come with her own infinity gauntlet that can fit any normal-sized minimate as opposed to the Thanos-sized one that comes with Thanos You can put it on Warlock, you can put it on Starfox, etc. Probably a generic blaster gun too. 

Starfox doesn't need to come with anything. Although a face with his mouth missing would be a neat story reference bonus. Could again be on the reverse side. 

Pip would come on that smaller elf body. I'm not sure Pip would be allowed to come with a cigar holding hand so I guess he comes with nothing too.

I do like the idea of then a follow-up Infinity War boxset! I just feel there's no real big names to anchor it without having ANOTHER Thanos which seems a bit redundant since most people getting a Infinity War boxset probably got the Infinity Gauntlet one with what should be the definitive Thanos. Magus and Quasar are badly badly wanted by me. Magus with two hairpieces - afro and man-bun! Perfect. Adam Warlock also has had a few recent Minimates and the one from the old Infinity Gauntlet boxset still holds up for me BUT it makes sense to do a new version of that one. I guess you could expand it to include Infinity Crusade and squeeze a re-do of Mephisto in and complete re-dos of all 4 from that original boxset. Classic Gamora would be fine and then maybe Invisible Woman as Malice? She, like Quasar, would offer a little bit appeal outside of story specific.

59 minutes ago, AFMcGill said:

I do like the idea of then a follow-up Infinity War boxset! I just feel there's no real big names to anchor it without having ANOTHER Thanos which seems a bit redundant since most people getting a Infinity War boxset probably got the Infinity Gauntlet one with what should be the definitive Thanos. Magus and Quasar are badly badly wanted by me. Magus with two hairpieces - afro and man-bun! Perfect. Adam Warlock also has had a few recent Minimates and the one from the old Infinity Gauntlet boxset still holds up for me BUT it makes sense to do a new version of that one. I guess you could expand it to include Infinity Crusade and squeeze a re-do of Mephisto in and complete re-dos of all 4 from that original boxset. Classic Gamora would be fine and then maybe Invisible Woman as Malice? She, like Quasar, would offer a little bit appeal outside of story specific.

Good ideas! I supposed you could also include Kang with his energy backback connected to his gun - the proper comic Kang is quite rare these days. 

I never read any of the Young Avengers books. They just didn't interest me. Then again, most Marvel comics don't interest me. If you told me 15 years ago that I would no longer enjoy any of the X-Men comics I would have called you a liar. Unfortunately it has come true. The only Marvel comic that I am currently enjoying is Moon Knight. The Devils Reign event is pretty good too. The Necrosha story line is the last X-Men story I enjoyed. The stories just aren't fun anymore, Thankfully the Spawn comics have been great so far. I'm really enjoying Gunslinger after not really liking him when he was first introduced.