UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Great Mystery License

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Gmonkey2k said:

News? Not like I’ll find them anywhere, but I like my hopes up before they’re dashed.

They'll be specialty releases, unless something changes, so you should be able to get them from your local comic shop (if you direct order) or through Luke's. I can't guarantee that your local store will have them hanging on the pegs when you walk in, but hopefully!

If it's wrestling (and Zach's non-denial is a good clue that it is), that would be a big get. The wrestling collectibles market is huge, and also supports lots of exclusives and variants. WWE would obviously be the big one, since in addition to their current talent you would have access to anyone on a legends deal (presumably). AEW would be my preference, since AEW>>>>>WWE but I'd certainly be happy with either. I do wonder if those little minifigs they had out from WWE a few years ago kind of killed them for the format, but I guess we'll see.

Now watch after I typed all that Zach will post "sorry it's not wrestling". ?

5 hours ago, Smashmaster12 said:

I don’t care for Wrestling, but if the accessories are good then I’d be easily persuaded. I’d be even more persuaded by a translucent “you can’t see me” John Cena…

This may be the best exclusive idea a wrestling line could offer up! 

25 minutes ago, SCW said:

Plus DST is still finalizing some things with Bea Arthur's estate for the new Maude Minimates collection.

There used to be a member here, I can't remember who anymore, who brought up the topic of sculpted breasts on minimates quite often. For some reason this came to mind when I tried to picture an Adrienne Barbeau minimate. LOL

PS I believe the number of times Zach has not denied it's wrestling says it all. No one is guessing anything else anymore and he's not saying, way off guys keep trying. 

Edited by cylonchaney

1 hour ago, spidermatt said:

Well let me be the first to have Zach say im way outa the ball park. I say its Castlevania box set! 8 or 16 bit style. I forget what those old nintendo games were styled as. Maybe like the Marvel zombies set we could get a flaming skull creature as an accessory. ?

I know in my heart that this is not true but I would buy the s#!% out of this set!

11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

There are very few wrestlers I'd be interested in having Minimated. That would include Dwayne Johnson for a Black Adam custom and John Cena for a civilian Peacemaker QC. I might even get a Dave Bautista for Army of the Dead or Blade Runner 2049. And of course André the Giant just because.

Anybody want a peanut?

55 minutes ago, cylonchaney said:

My way is not very sportsman-like.

He was so great in that role!

I am the Dread Pirate Roberts. There will be no survivors!

I agree. He was so menacing when we was a wrestler, and so likable in the Princess Bride. I may have to watch that movie this evening with the missus. 

On 2/10/2022 at 3:02 PM, cylonchaney said:

There used to be a member here, I can't remember who anymore, who brought up the topic of sculpted breasts on minimates quite often. For some reason this came to mind when I tried to picture an Adrienne Barbeau minimate. LOL

PS I believe the number of times Zach has not denied it's wrestling says it all. No one is guessing anything else anymore and he's not saying, way off guys keep trying. 

I think on the anniversary podcast Team Minimates did several years ago they mentioned that DC Direct was adamant about having sculpted breasts, and it became a big disagreement. The Power Girl figure with the extra chest overlay was a compromise. Apologies if that was something Chuck told us at MMMV meetup and I am telling it out of turn. ?