UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Great Mystery License

5 hours ago, nrobot said:

I do not know why i am laughingstocks because I all I want is 200 minimate releases per year and dst owes me that!

no one owes you anything. I know I am not laughing at you. you sound very angry at the messenger.

you are with likeminded people who are all passionate about this line. I've personally been collecting since 2003.

trying to drag Zach for decisions out of his hands will not increase the productivity of a company that has been slammed by our current reality.

please rethink this.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, nrobot said:

Hello Zachary,

If we do not get the license on 1st Jul then you should turn 180 degrees away and walk away from minimates!

And why is price expensive? In 2008 for iron man two pack it is 7.99 , now go joe four pack is 40.00 ? are you smoking on something zachary>? where does that money go, because we certainly are not getting enough minimates!!

I do not know why i am laughingstocks because I all I want is 200 minimate releases per year and dst owes me that!

WTF? 

16 hours ago, nrobot said:

@DSTZachwhat happened to mcu minimates? will they be announced 1 Jul?

No. We're always looking for opportunities, but timing never works out for us, especially with the rescheduling that happened during the pandemic. 

16 hours ago, nrobot said:

Hello Zachary,

If we do not get the license on 1st Jul then you should turn 180 degrees away and walk away from minimates!

And why is price expensive? In 2008 for iron man two pack it is 7.99 , now go joe four pack is 40.00 ? are you smoking on something zachary>? where does that money go, because we certainly are not getting enough minimates!!

Which is it? Should we walk away from Minimates or make 200 a year? Neither is likely. 

License announce WILL happen July 1. Minimates reveal July 20. Pre- order July 22. 

Next Hasbro reveal July 20. Pre- order HOPEFULLY July 22, waiting to hear. 

And 2008 was 14 years and one global supply chain disruption ago. Transportation and manufacturing costs have gone up. In fact, inflation is rampant. Lots of things are increasing in price at an accelerated rate. 

Also, Joe figures are all individually carded. In retrospect, would I recommend switching to a simple $30 four-pack like Transformers? Maybe, although at least one collector thought Transformers got the shaft, packaging-wise. Regardless, nobody is making any more money on Minimates. 

Well this got weird. Moving on.

Back to Hasbro, OK, that's promising from my admittedly narrow perspective -- basically, D&D, Magic, or Jem? I feel like the former two are more in the MM wheelhouse than the latter. And both D&D and Magic could produce some very interesting MiniMates. 

If it were Magic, what's it's polar opposite? (i.e. 180 degrees) Reality is the opposite of Magic. Reality TV... are they doing Survivor MiniMates? It's 42 seasons and counting... There could be lots of accessories... 

Edited by elhonez

On 6/22/2022 at 6:31 PM, Padrino said:

I was obsessed with the show as a kid and my head nearly exploded when Strongheart made an appearance. I had that figure when I was younger and carried it with me everywhere! But I am more than happy with figures from either line!

Same for me... I always had Him and Warduke closeby, even with my Joes (plus a few super powers figs lol)

I'd love either toon or toyline just as much as i'm loving the Joes!

I would love old school D&D mates from the animated series, but I'd also love LJN toy repros, and of course the R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms / Icewind Dale saga folks.

But Drizzt is ebony colored! Stop making him purple-skinned like the book cover art! They always get it wrong! </nerd>

Edited by elhonez

2 minutes ago, Padrino said:

This is an... interesting looking group of people. I'd be ok with these as long as we get some cool looking female characters, which would make up for this line. Did they announce the 180 degree opposite license?

This the show where the wrestlers wear comic-inspired outfits, correct? They always make a big deal about this on CBR.com

1 hour ago, elhonez said:

Yeah, what's wrestling's opposite? If it's between D&D, Magic and Jem, I might have to say Jem. 

@DSTZachalready revealed it on that YouTube interview. 
it’s D&D 80s cartoon, two 6packs:

one for heroes and another for villains.