UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Great Mystery License

Maybe it's a kids' show we haven't guessed yet, like PAW Patrol, Peppa Pig, Blue's Clues, Cocomelon, or Thomas & Friends.

But still, "lots of accessories" gets me back to Pro Wrestling or a major league sport of some kind.

The salient clues seem to be: Accessories, Make sense as both Vinis and Minis, and Anticipated Disappointment. Yeah it's hard to get excited about these. :D

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Padrino said:

If this set is based on the old D&D toys, I would buy a TON of these!

Same for me... Warduke! But I'd be also just as happy if it was the old cartoon. I've been wanting to make those for quite some time, I'd gladly let DST do the work for me!

19 minutes ago, elhonez said:

I think the core hint is that it's currently on the air ("network TV") and not going anywhere anytime soon. Are there any D&D shows currently on?

i was referring to the second mystery license Zach mentioned -- he mentioned it was a hasbro property

12 hours ago, Nervous Rex said:

Same for me... Warduke! But I'd be also just as happy if it was the old cartoon. I've been wanting to make those for quite some time, I'd gladly let DST do the work for me!

I was obsessed with the show as a kid and my head nearly exploded when Strongheart made an appearance. I had that figure when I was younger and carried it with me everywhere! But I am more than happy with figures from either line!

Looking at the post by Zach on the Diamond Select website on March 8, 2021 when the Diamond/Hasbro license was announced by Zach it was said "The new range will include products based on Transformers, G.I. Joe, Power Rangers, classic animated Dungeons & Dragons, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering and Jem and the Holograms."

We have already gotten Transformers, MMPR and GI Joe minimates....so this new Hasbro license line will be either D&D (animated or advanced), Magic or Jem.

Zach has said "They are 180 degrees from the mystery license." and if we want to be literal he said "It's the last Hasbro license.".  Assuming the original Mystery License is Wrestling...nothing would be more 180 degrees than the "LAST" Hasbro license mentioned in the announcement...

I think it will be Jem.

4 hours ago, jettstorm said:

Looking at the post by Zach on the Diamond Select website on March 8, 2021 when the Diamond/Hasbro license was announced by Zach it was said "The new range will include products based on Transformers, G.I. Joe, Power Rangers, classic animated Dungeons & Dragons, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Magic: The Gathering and Jem and the Holograms."

We have already gotten Transformers, MMPR and GI Joe minimates....so this new Hasbro license line will be either D&D (animated or advanced), Magic or Jem.

Zach has said "They are 180 degrees from the mystery license." and if we want to be literal he said "It's the last Hasbro license.".  Assuming the original Mystery License is Wrestling...nothing would be more 180 degrees than the "LAST" Hasbro license mentioned in the announcement...

I think it will be Jem.

maybe but when asked about Jem Chuck had this to say "

Hello ! Is Jem still happening at DST ? I cannot wait to see the offer if it is...Thanks !

DSTChuck: Yes, we are still hard at work on a Jem item!"

maybe it was just a sly answer but it the way he states item as in a singular item, im thinking Jem might not be minimates

23 hours ago, cylonchaney said:
23 hours ago, Padrino said:

What’s MLP?

Lol. I have two daughters so I am very, very familiar with My Little Pony. The youngest still watches it. It seemed like it was a big thing for girls when I was little never thought it would be even bigger for my kids.

To be honest though it’s not the worst or most annoying thing they could be watching. It’s not as good as Phineas and Ferb (that’s a show we all love) but it is one of their shows that I can sit through when they ask me to sit and watch with them. 

If they ever make minimates of them I could see myself getting a set for them. They probably already have about half of my minimate collect as it is.

On 6/24/2022 at 1:42 PM, DSTZach said:

180 degrees away

Hello Zachary,

If we do not get the license on 1st Jul then you should turn 180 degrees away and walk away from minimates!

And why is price expensive? In 2008 for iron man two pack it is 7.99 , now go joe four pack is 40.00 ? are you smoking on something zachary>? where does that money go, because we certainly are not getting enough minimates!!

I do not know why i am laughingstocks because I all I want is 200 minimate releases per year and dst owes me that!

Edited by nrobot

3 hours ago, nrobot said:

Hello Zachary,

If we do not get the license on 1st Jul then you should turn 180 degrees away and walk away from minimates!

And why is price expensive? In 2008 for iron man two pack it is 7.99 , now go joe four pack is 40.00 ? are you smoking on something zachary>? where does that money go, because we certainly are not getting enough minimates!!

I do not know why i am laughingstocks because I all I want is 200 minimate releases per year and dst owes me that!

Are you aware that there is a whole company, of which Zach is one representative? Are you suggesting that DST should stop making minimates at all because they are not coming out quick enough for your liking?

Not just minimates, I would also like the prices of cars, houses, and beer to be the same as 14 years ago.

I'm not calling you a laughingstock. But if others are, maybe it's because you are saying silly things? :)