UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Great Mystery License

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@DSTZach I'm not sure if you think you are some kind of popular comedian , but the delay is not funny. 

Who else cares at this point? Why would anyone want this license in vinimates?

Do you know how many DST products were at the main walgreens in DTLA this afternoon? 0.

Take your dandruff ridden side burns and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

6 hours ago, nrobot said:

@DSTZach I'm not sure if you think you are some kind of popular comedian , but the delay is not funny. 

Do you know how many DST products were at the main walgreens in DTLA this afternoon? 0.

Take your dandruff ridden side burns and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

Yeah. That Zach is a real jerk.

Maybe people would like him more if he did things like:

• find old promo mates and give them out randomly here 
  • help people sort out QC issues with their mates
  • post tray shots, source artwork, etc. that people have asked to see
  • generally contribute to the forum as a minimate and comic book fan

Then maybe people wouldn't think he's such a jerk.

On 6/18/2022 at 3:30 AM, nrobot said:

Sorry for the delay, but ultimately, depending on how you feel about the license you may not care about the delay. 

The license will have a lot of fans, so while Vinimates are not popular here, they have traditionally done well at shows with the right license and the right price. John Wick, Iron Giant, Lost in Space, Forbidden Planet... all have done well for us. 

In fact, the delay has been so long that we may actually reveal and solicit TWO new Minimates lines at SDCC. We've announced the second license, but not revealed the Minimates. They are 180 degrees from the mystery license. PLUS Marvel 83.

In the meantime, we've been offering other licenses like GI Joe and Transformers. GI Joe Series 2 will go up for pre-order on Friday. 

Oh, and I would not look for DST products at Walgreens anymore.  We do not sell them there. 

And I have tried many facial treatments, but the dandruff persists.

Thanks for the updates! Can’t wait to see what the new lines are. I will hold onto crazy hope that the other line is LOTR or Star Wars. 

Super excited to see what is shown. In my opinion getting Joes and Transformers in minimate form is fantastic.

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Sorry for the delay, but ultimately, depending on how you feel about the license you may not care about the delay. 

The license will have a lot of fans, so while Vinimates are not popular here, they have traditionally done well at shows with the right license and the right price. John Wick, Iron Giant, Lost in Space, Forbidden Planet... all have done well for us. 

In fact, the delay has been so long that we may actually reveal and solicit TWO new Minimates lines at SDCC. We've announced the second license, but not revealed the Minimates. They are 180 degrees from the mystery license. PLUS Marvel 83.

In the meantime, we've been offering other licenses like GI Joe and Transformers. GI Joe Series 2 will go up for pre-order on Friday. 

Oh, and I would not look for DST products at Walgreens anymore.  We do not sell them there. 

And I have tried many facial treatments, but the dandruff persists.

Wait, all this will be revealed on 7/1? That’s amazing! This is really the only line of any toy that I collect anymore. I’m glad there are still going strong (even if we never got Binary or Clea *hint hint*)

3 hours ago, Mattallica said:

sorry if i missed it but what is this license?

I'm wondering the same thing. I might have to go look through all the recent DST Facebook posts to see what new licenses they have announced lately.

Also I was thinking that maybe nrobot was just being sarcastic and joking around, but perhaps he was being serious and is an asshat after all. Thanks for your response back to his rude comments Zach. We appreciate all that you do.

45 minutes ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Also I was thinking that maybe nrobot was just being sarcastic and joking around, but perhaps he was being serious and is an asshat after all. Thanks for your response back to his rude comments Zach. We appreciate all that you do.

I wasn't sure either. I've jumped the gun in the past. 

3 hours ago, Padrino said:

Wait, all this will be revealed on 7/1? That’s amazing! This is really the only line of any toy that I collect anymore. I’m glad there are still going strong (even if we never got Binary or Clea *hint hint*)

7/1 you'll find out the mystery license and see the SDCC Vinimates. Minimates reveal (and the other two reveals) will be at SDCC. BUT mystery minis will also go up for pre-order around then. 

Hasbro doesn't own Star Wars outright, just the toy license. Transformers, G.I. Joe and recently Power Rangers are things they fully own. So I feel it's something from their portfolio. 

If it was Star Wars I feel like they would announce that around Star Wars Celebration. And it would be announced under Disney not Hasbro. I could be wrong though.

Edited by RedTiger95

On 6/19/2022 at 8:43 AM, DSTZach said:

Zach has stated this a few times now, as if he knows these will not be popular amongst the MMMV crowd, has me kind of worried, but i wont be surprised.

Edited by Mattallica