UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Great Mystery License

2 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

2023?

?

They cancelled Toy Fair, so our huge poster went unused. We would have had control art on display, even if it wasn't for public consumption. I believe the first Gallery Diorama will be revealed in May, with the Minimates in June, and the Vinimates 2-pack for SDCC possibly sooner. 

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, DSTZach said:

They cancelled Toy Fair, so our huge poster went unused. We would have had control art on display, even if it wasn't for public consumption. I believe the first Gallery Diorama will be revealed in May, with the Minimates in June, and the Vinimates 2-pack for SDCC possibly sooner. 

On a side note, any chance of releasing more control art, even for the figures that have already been released? I always liked the design process and I thought alot of those pictures were fun. 

I'll keep it in mind, I don't run the social media anymore, but if we have an opportunity to share design sheets after a project is announced, I will. 

And somewhere I have some original design sheets drawn by Uriel Caton. I still need to give those away...

25 minutes ago, DSTZach said:

And somewhere I have some original design sheets drawn by Uriel Caton. I still need to give those away...

and now there's something i didn't know i wanted until i wanted it.

not sure what it looks like but even a print of this sounds awesome to have hanging up on my wall.

2 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I'll keep it in mind, I don't run the social media anymore, but if we have an opportunity to share design sheets after a project is announced, I will. 

dibs

22 hours ago, DSTZach said:

If we don't know the license by May, then I'm shaving your sideburns off!

1 hour ago, hellpop said:

Hey Zach, any chance it will be revealed at the DST Showcase on Friday?

No, but you can see Power Ranger MM Series 2 there! And G.I. Joe Series 2, of course. I think that's it for new Minimates. 

G.I. Joe Series 3 and 4 are designed, but not prototyped yet. Series 3 designs look amazing. 

Mystery License will have a Vinimates two-pack at SDCC, and paint masters exist, packaging is in the works. I do not believe the Minimates series 1 has been prototyped yet, but it should be in Previews by June. 

• 2 weeks later...

Attack on Titan would offer some interesting synergy between Vinimates and MiniMates.

I didn't guess it though because AoT was meant to be ending this season and IIRC, one of the assertions for this license was that it wasn't going anywhere anytime soon?

Fast forward to now, which has revealed AoT to have the world's longest final season, with a Part 3 on the horizon for 2023.

Edited by elhonez
clarity

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After some delays soliciting the mystery Gallery Diorama, and therefore pushing back the mystery MInimates solicit, on July 1 we will reveal the remaining SDCC exclusives, including the Mystery VInimates 2-pack. That same day I will send out the press release announcing the new license, and everyone can finally be thrilled or disappointed. 

I believe we are finally going to solicit the Minimates on July 22, two days into SDCC.