UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Great Mystery License

Some people have been requesting wrestling stuff for years though, so I don’t think that would be cause for a WTF response.

Chuck is a huge sports fan though, so DST acquiring a license for MLB, NBA, or NFL would be a bit more WTF.  Those licenses seem like they would be a bit out of reach for DST, unless they are partnered with another company that already has the license.  

Maybe we are getting a Minimates/TeenyMates collaboration.

https://www.partyanimalinc.com/about-us.html

Edited by youbastards

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Wasn't the new license described as "scripted"? Wouldn't that rule out sports?

(And no, I don't consider pro wrestling a sport. Athletic, absolutely, but it's not a competition if the outcome is scripted.)

I always call it a “semi-improvised stunt show”

Like that Indiana Jones show they have at Disney World but with more freedom to jazz it up between hitting the big beats. 

2 hours ago, Trekker 42 said:

I always call it a “semi-improvised stunt show”

Like that Indiana Jones show they have at Disney World but with more freedom to jazz it up between hitting the big beats. 

As someone who's both partied with pro wrestlers and been a part of that stunt show, I can't disagree. ?

So now that toyfair is cancelled does dst still need to wait till February to announce what this is?

this is crappy news but I understand- lotsa companies are going to lose exposure.   I hope dst isn’t too impacted by this

Edited by nandoninny

On 1/12/2022 at 3:58 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Hopefully he'll post here.

[Waves!]

As a guy with 20 years of pro wrestling experience I'd be THRILLED with any AEW Minimates or classic WWE Minimates.  They've done WWE M.U.S.C.L.E. figures and knock off WWE Minimates in the past so I think they'd be down for official Minimates.

7 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

So now the bigger question is what is Mister Miracles name in the wrestling biz? Were you always a manager or were you also a wrestler at one point? I have been a wrestling fan since the early 80's and would love to know.

I wrestled from 2002 - 2017 and then switched over to managing.  It was just taking longer and longer to recover from matches as the modern style continued to push the envelope with more of a focus on crazy new moves and less on psychology.  I had 2 WWE try-outs back in the day but didn't get picked up either time.  It was still pretty dominated by big guys up until a few years ago.  (Nowadays it seems like EVERYBODY in the locker room is my size, haha!)  I was never a huge star or anything but I got to wrestle in 5 countries and to share the ring with lots of world champions and Hall of Famers.

Most people I've talked to at shows say this is their favorite match of mine:

It's nice of you to share your background with us. You looked great in the ring and did fantastic selling the moves (something that wrestlers seem to forget to do a lot of times these days). Too many spots being done in my opinion and not enough ring psychology. I'm sure you have plenty of cool stories from wrestling over the years too.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Chigarillo said:

So if the mystery license is wrestling… then AEW or WWE? (Please AEW. Please AEW.) ?

My guess would be AEW. They are working pretty hard to get there name out there and this could be seen as an opportunity where they can get there brand out without competing WWE.